Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    there is a thread in the Pre 2 section about photos not saving. It seems to be caused by some problematic patches. Check out that thread if you are having that problem.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    When clicking on any link to open browser. Does nothing just opens it up and has a blank page. Its like it forgets the a Url.
    Yes, oh man, I hate that. The whole page goes white. One workaround (change to landscape, the move the page around a bit) works only half the time. The other 40% of the time I have to hit reload. The rest of the time, I have to swipe off the card and start again. Very very annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Yes, oh man, I hate that. The whole page goes white. One workaround (change to landscape, the move the page around a bit) works only half the time. The other 40% of the time I have to hit reload. The rest of the time, I have to swipe off the card and start again. Very very annoying.

it was clearly a Patch, I uninstalled them all and phone is working fine.

I will add each patch 1 at a time and see if it comes back to figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    there is a thread in the Pre 2 section about photos not saving. It seems to be caused by some problematic patches. Check out that thread if you are having that problem.
    I've actually had it happen with no patches applied.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Weird new bug: I've been using 2.1 for a few months now, and have a new bug: When I tap on photo roll I see only the wallpaper: no thumbnails, no empty squares of thumbnails that are being resolved. I can access the photos by tappng on the thumbnail in the camera view, and swiping wi th each photo in full screen but I all the thumbnails have disappeared.

Update: Fixed it. I think the problem is related to a USB yank. My office computer blocks USB dongles, and wouldn't let me eject correctly. I did an Internalz rename from 100PALM to .100PALM with a few device restarts, now all is good.
    Last edited by Goyena; 05/16/2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    it was clearly a Patch, I uninstalled them all and phone is working fine.

I will add each patch 1 at a time and see if it comes back to figure it out.
    Any headway? I have three browser patches:
    1. Browser scrollbar
    2. No auto refresh after idle
    3. Behavior and options tweaks

Just uninstalled the scrollbar (snif) to test...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Re: bookmarks not appearing in the browser -

This is still happening on my Veer running 2.1.2 on AT&T, stock with no patches. Bookmarks do not show up in the list, and can only be accessed by searching for them in the Browser or in Just Type.

Additionally, on the same Veer, Facebook sync is not working. It displays the syncing notification for hours, but no sync occurs. Will try to disable https in Facebook and see if it has an effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Any headway? I have three browser patches:
    1. Browser scrollbar
    2. No auto refresh after idle
    3. Behavior and options tweaks

Just uninstalled the scrollbar (snif) to test...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't know, I installed them all back again and it's working, I didn't happen for about a week after installing 2.1. So if it comes back I'll will uninstall each one and let the dev know.

it also could of been a corrupt file in webos, So doing the Emerg patch Recovery help lots.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @greg Did/do you have the scrollbar patch installed? That's the only one I've yet uninstalled and the whiteout and/or blurred freeze problem has gone away.

I don't know if that means I've found the guilty patch. Does it make any sense that two patches might cause that problem when installed together? Or, as you say, perhaps it's just another one of those weird inconsistent 2.x bugs.
    Sprint Pre- running webos 2.1.
    Also have Govnah and Uberkernel set to screenstate 500/800

My annoying problem = Alarms Disappear, get deleted.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but my Alarms disappear every once in a while. I open up the Clock App, and there is nothing listed. Both my reoccurring alarms and one time alarms

This has happened at least 10 times since I upgraded to v2.1 about two months ago. I have to re-add them.

Strange problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I'm hopeful Pre 2 users are posting problems with Palm since I suspect most of us using webOS 2.1 are on Pre and Pre- not expecting much help with these fixes. I still have hope that fixes will come and may even make their way to older hardware, but who knows. Sorli...
    hi,
    i'm on a developer phone (Pre 2. 2.1) and i have this camera bug too. It doesnt show the thumbnail after take the picture. i didn't tried internalz yet. Will test this tomorrow!

Also the top right corner menu (wlan on/of, aeroplane mode etc.) is unresponsive sometimes!

really anoying! Had serval other bugs too, but forget them.. :-/

Will report soon... hope there will be a update (2.2 or so) very soon. (before Pre3 launch maybe?)
    I am using the HP Veer from AT&T on webOS 2.1.2... had it less than a week, already have problems.

- phone app opens contacts during a call then touch becomes less responsive

- touch becomes unusable for closing, switching or doing anything with apps.. the phone has to be shut down by holding the power button. the touch screen is getting some false feedback or soemthing.. when this happens, the apps positions shake back and forth like crazy and any dragging i do with my finger has little impact.. for example, the app will bounce back when i try to close it and the position will jump like crazy

- phone app itsself will turn white with only blue buttons and a grayed out avatar square

- notifications at the bottom will open automatically if i tap to expand them... for example, it calls voicemail and opens facebook when im just trying to make the notification go away

- touch screen gestures dont respond sharply after the phone has been on for 10+ hours and performance gets sluggish.. restart required every day

- a lot of the time when i turn off the screen, the notification light starts to pulse as if something happened... it stops after turning the screen back on, unlocking it and turning it off again

I want my Pre Plus 1.4.5 back... too bad its broken or I would
    Last edited by Endat; 06/02/2011 at 01:26 PM.
  13. sgx
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    For those incoming calls / contact- try this.

Under system page - regional settings.
    - Format- change it to your country
    - Phone number - change it to your country code. (this is something new here). Seems Webos - reformats numbers and adds the country code infront (but this does not overwrite your original contact (say in your gmail or yahoo or simcard)
    I'm from argentina which is not listed, is there any other way to solve this?
    I got land lines to be recognized but incoming calls from cellphones are not.