Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    this is weird and annoying:
    I take pictures/videos in my pre, and they don't show up in the photoroll, videoroll. I see the in USB drive mode and can open them with Internalz. ***?
    Yea, I have noticed this recently. They don't seem to save when you initially snap a photo either. Even though they display in the lower left hand corner of the app. I also noticed that the avatar can't be saved either. Try to snap a photo and save it to someones avatar. You may get a very awkward looking photo in the avatar. Almost like its so distorted you can't make the picture out whatsoever....
    When my phone is running slow, any Mode Switcher- or Adv Prefs-customized sound (such as text, email, or power menu sound) does not play and the default sound plays instead.

Example: My phone was running slow after opening the Report Problem email. I held the power button to bring up the Power Menu. It was supposed to play sound8.mp3, but it played Subtle(short).mp3.

Example2: While my phone was slow I received a text. It was supposed to play Vibes(short).mp3 but it played the default sound (I don't remember the exact filename).
    When choosing a custom ringtone in the general ringtones list for any app, newest ringtones do not show.

There seems to be a bug in the fileindexer. The list doesn't even update after putting the phone into USB mode, Luna Restarting, Device Rebooting, and rescanning.
    I have a rather big bug here. I metadoctored my o2 pre- to 2.1 following webos internals wiki. Directly after the doctor I installed preware, uberkernel and some patches and overclocked to 800/500 by screenstate, compcache to 32MB. The first few days I noticed no difference to 1.4.5 in battery life and was happy with how fluent 2.1 runs on my pre-.

Then I saw heavy load starting in govnah each time the screen goes off. Battery life was considerably shorter. At first I thought it were some patch updates. I did an EPR but nothing changed. I doctored (the image I built in the first place) again. Still the same.

I monitored it a bit on the freshly doctored device with uberkernel default profile, 32 compcache, no patches. The situation seems to be the following:

- while charging everything is fine whether screen is on or off
    - when not charging and the screen goes off load starts to grow and then remains on a "platform" of 30, 50, ... up to 90(!)
    - the moment I turn the screen on, load starts to drop asymptotically to zero.
    - memory changes when I turn on the screen, maybe swapping

I tried to find mem or cpu heavy things with jstop but found nothing.

I'd appreciate any hint on how to debug or solve this. If there are any command line tools or log files that could help me please point me to them. This is a real deal breaker

Lars
    sral82, unixpsycho had told me once not to have such a high compcache since it'll make the phone slow down in certain situations, which will then lead to missed calls. He suggested keeping compcache at the default or a little bit higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    sral82, unixpsycho had told me once not to have such a high compcache since it'll make the phone slow down in certain situations, which will then lead to missed calls. He suggested keeping compcache at the default or a little bit higher.
    32M is what is recommended in the original WebOS internals wiki. I also tried 16M and 64M, same behaviour. The problem is that the pre- is a bit short in terms of RAM for 2.1 w/o sufficient compcache.

What I don't understand is why the load drops the moment I turn on the screen. (Edit: And does not raise at all while charging.) I tried the original WebOS kernel, also the same here.

Does anyone else experiences this? I know that 2.1 wasn't meant to run 2.1 but so far I have the impression that others do not have this issue. (As they speak of equal battery life)

Lars
    Last edited by sral82; 04/15/2011 at 04:36 AM.
    Hi everyone,
    i have 2.1 running on VZ pre+ and working great except for System updates which hangs saying "Checking for updates" but the wheel is spinning. & spinning & you get the idea. Preware works with all the stock feeds on. Any suggestions?
    Let's see - two days into the upgrade here's the ones I've seen:

Assigning contact pictures from photos on device results in severely magnified image. Annoying, but not major.

Phone becomes unresponsive to touch screen for a short period of time but responds to gesture area or keyboard. This one hasn't happened enough for me to see any pattern, but it's a real pain when it does.

System sounds seem to change from default settings at random. Not sure what's going on here, but it's not always respecting my settings it seems. Not sure all my notifications are showing up.

I haven't had any problems taking and viewing pictures so far (other than the contacts bug mentioned earlier). We'll see.

Overall it's been pretty positive. I do miss the smaller icons in the launcher but that's not exactly a bug. C'est la vie.
    Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick31 View Post
    Phone becomes unresponsive to touch screen for a short period of time but responds to gesture area or keyboard. This one hasn't happened enough for me to see any pattern, but it's a real pain when it does.
    I too have faced this issue on both a Pre 2 and an AT&T Pre + with webOS 2.1.0. It surely is very frustrating.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I have done three 3 updates to 2.1 for friends & all 3 (VZW pre plusses on Sprint) said they cannot stream audio anymore. I have read thru the whole thread & not 1 post of this bug. Just checking to see if anyone else notices this, before I check so see if it my meta-doctor that's causing it (maybe a corrupted download somewhere). Any feedback is well appreciated, Thanks!!
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not and I'm not exactly sure it's bug but it wasn't in other versions of webOS.

When you do a meta-tap, like copy or paste the card you're on minimizes. It's rather a big annoyance, especially when copying from an email and pasting into Preware to install an app and the app minimizes but obviously I don't want it to.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    scrolling bug.
    Pre- 2.1 no patches compche 32mb.
    When I scroll in landscape, swiping up or down to scroll 1 page at a time, it scrolls approximately 3 rows to far up or down.
    Any one else notice this?
    google email stopped syncing after a day

Bell Pre w/doctored 2.1
    anyone else getting, when in messaging, either receiving a message or sending one slows the phone to a halt until the message has sent fully, instead of how in 1.4.5 it would have a grey body of text, which would turn back once it had been sent.
    Yep i get that all the time, more and more I play with this I'm closer to going back to 1.4.5
    I had this and removing some top bar pathes solved it. also bookmarks are blanks and not showen! They will appear blank until the first time you use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrykazi View Post
    I had this and removing some top bar pathes solved it. also bookmarks are blanks and not showen! They will appear blank until the first time you use them.
    1) When I open up the browser I can see the Bookmarks on the main screen, but when I use the swipe down menu to see all bookmarks it is blank.
    2) GPS is often finicky. Has trouble with FourSquare, sometimes with Google Maps and sometimes with GeoStrings
    3) If I use my custom 720mhz/250mhz screenstate in Govnah the phone app will often freeze and become unresponsive when I take the phone from my face and use the touchscreen. I can only assume it's because the phone lags a bit more when switching from 250mhz to 720mhz. This slowdown is noticeable at times when I turn the screen on to unlock.

These few things get in the way more often than not and making me really wish for the Pre3 already or I might start using my secondary phone (Xperia X10 with Eclair and MultiTouch) as my main phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    1) When I open up the browser I can see the Bookmarks on the main screen, but when I use the swipe down menu to see all bookmarks it is blank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    This is exactly the bug I came to this thread to learn about. First showed up in 2.0.1 on my unlocked Pre2 and it persists in 2.1. The killer, though, is that the other night, out of nowhere, the bookmark list showed up again! But now I can't reproduce, or recall how I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not and I'm not exactly sure it's bug but it wasn't in other versions of webOS.

When you do a meta-tap, like copy or paste the card you're on minimizes. It's rather a big annoyance, especially when copying from an email and pasting into Preware to install an app and the app minimizes but obviously I don't want it to.
    Yep. Happening to me too. Annoying.

2.1, Pre2 Unlocked GSM on T-Mobile USA. One patch: "Make it so" in Just Type bar.
    When clicking on any link to open browser. Does nothing just opens it up and has a blank page. Its like it forgets the a Url.