Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veelo2 View Post
    Sprint Pre- on 2.1 with Uberkernel installed.

I have a weird issue as well - when I receive an email pushed from Gmail, it doesn't show up as a notification until I bring out the phone from sleep. No blinking led, no vibrate, it's as if nothing came through until I turn on the screen, then I finally feel the short vibration. Very frustrating.
    The issue I have is similar to this but I have yahoo and I actually get a sound alert when I have a email but my LED does not blink at all. If I am away from my phone and dont hear the alert, I have to manually check to see if I have an email. Sometimes the email icon does not appear either after I turn on the screen.

My text messaging works fine, I get both my sound and blinking LED alert.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Has anyone had problems where the wifi and 3g/evdo will be on at the same time? Usually, when my wifi is on and connected to a network, the 3g/evdo icon disappears. After upgrading I randomly experience where the 3g/evdo icon reappears eventhough I'm on a wifi network.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Has anyone had problems where the wifi and 3g/evdo will be on at the same time? Usually, when my wifi is on and connected to a network, the 3g/evdo icon disappears. After upgrading I randomly experience where the 3g/evdo icon reappears eventhough I'm on a wifi network.
    i get that, but it doesn't really bother me because it functions as it should with data.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Nevermind, it's not a bug. I was having issues with my wifi network. The wifi was up but I couldn't get on the web. It looks like WebOS is smart enough to switch back to 3g if it can't get on the web via wifi. So I was connected to both at the same time :-)
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I haven't read the whole thread but I have searched it with the forum search and google search and can't turn up anything so I hope this isn't a repeat. I have GPS issues. If I do the ##gps# and hit get fix it will some times succeed but none of my apps can get a lock. I don't even seem to be getting AGPS. Sprint pre- btw. Everything else is running great. I think. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT: NM! found the info at the botom of the interals page about it. Der! Thanks anyway.
    If anyone else come here looking for it it's here
    Last edited by lupos; 03/30/2011 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    +1
    This is extremely annoying and also sux cause the picture you just took didn't actually get written to the file system
    this would seem like a brag but my gsm uk pre plus with german doctor of 2.1 that first came up used to do that both stock kernel and with overclock. I recently had to redoctor and downloaded the original O2 UK doctor that was up in the meantime - I am running the A8VB Harrier kernel overclock and it does not freeze any more when sending SMSs - itis as fast or even faster as it was on 1.4.5, just the grayed out sending state for a milisecond which is normal.

One has to wonder if you follow the metadoc procedure but download the UK O2 doctor instead of german one will you be able to benefit on minus and CDMA devices
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Recently metadoctored to 2.1 (Verizon Pre Plus) and have what I consider a major issue with my email.

It is synced with two google accounts, a Gmail account and a Google Apps account. The Google Apps account syncs fine with email and everything else, but my default (was on webos 1.4.5) is my Gmail account and everything seems to sync except for my inbox. Sent email synced when I hit the refresh button, as well as the all mail folder, but doesn't do this automatically (and does not transfer the inbox messages to the inbox folder/label). The settings are set to show mail for 7 days and get mail every 15 min, but inbox hasn't refreshed in over an hour since I last did it manually and says next sync in 0 min.

All these settings are identical to my Google apps account which works fine.

I have searched high and low for simmilar issues and came accross about two. But still no fix. I have removed account multiple times (both email and completely from accounts app) restarted phone and added again to no avail. Have added account through different apps (contacts, calander, etc.) and still nothing.

Any clue as to what is going on? Kinda frustrated especially since this worked fine in webos 1.4.5

Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhiranya View Post
    Recently metadoctored to 2.1 (Verizon Pre Plus) and have what I consider a major issue with my email.

It is synced with two google accounts, a Gmail account and a Google Apps account. The Google Apps account syncs fine with email and everything else, but my default (was on webos 1.4.5) is my Gmail account and everything seems to sync except for my inbox. Sent email synced when I hit the refresh button, as well as the all mail folder, but doesn't do this automatically (and does not transfer the inbox messages to the inbox folder/label). The settings are set to show mail for 7 days and get mail every 15 min, but inbox hasn't refreshed in over an hour since I last did it manually and says next sync in 0 min.

All these settings are identical to my Google apps account which works fine.

I have searched high and low for simmilar issues and came accross about two. But still no fix. I have removed account multiple times (both email and completely from accounts app) restarted phone and added again to no avail. Have added account through different apps (contacts, calander, etc.) and still nothing.

Any clue as to what is going on? Kinda frustrated especially since this worked fine in webos 1.4.5

Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Finally got it fixed using johnj2803's thread (couldn't link but search for gmail not getting mails)

Was skeptical of solution at first only cos I had already been at it going through email and moving and deleting as he suggested for a day and a half before the "bad" email was deleted and email was restored. Still, didn't have this problem on webos 1.4.5!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I've searched this and other threads and I haven't found anything on this particular bug, so I'm posting it here.

When I receive a text message while in Exhibition Mode (Time) and I tap on the text notificaiton. I am brought to the messaging app and everything is fine except for the fact that I cannot type anything. The keyboard does not register anything.

In order to get the keyboard to work again, I have to swipe into card view, then back into the messaging app and the keyboard works.

Anyone else experience this?

Sprint FrankenPre 2 (WR GSM Pre2 + Sprint comm board & bezel)
    WebOS 2.1

EDIT: Now it seems like it is working. I have to pay more attention to what is going on when this happens and report back with more info.

EDIT2: This seems to be random. Now it is happening all the time, but it wasn't happening before. When a text comes in and I open it up from the notification while in Exhibition Mode sometimes the keyboard works and sometimes it doesn't. Seems that it does NOT work more than it does work.

Please let me know if you are experience the same thing.

Thanks,

Kevin
    Last edited by DDT1345; 04/01/2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)
    this is weird and annoying:
    I take pictures/videos in my pre, and they don't show up in the photoroll, videoroll. I see the in USB drive mode and can open them with Internalz. ***?
    <<thread merged to 'bug list'>>
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    I've searched this and other threads and I haven't found anything on this particular bug, so I'm posting it here.

When I receive a text message while in Exhibition Mode (Time) and I tap on the text notificaiton. I am brought to the messaging app and everything is fine except for the fact that I cannot type anything. The keyboard does not register anything.

In order to get the keyboard to work again, I have to swipe into card view, then back into the messaging app and the keyboard works.

Anyone else experience this?

Sprint FrankenPre 2 (WR GSM Pre2 + Sprint comm board & bezel)
    WebOS 2.1

EDIT: Now it seems like it is working. I have to pay more attention to what is going on when this happens and report back with more info.

EDIT2: This seems to be random. Now it is happening all the time, but it wasn't happening before. When a text comes in and I open it up from the notification while in Exhibition Mode sometimes the keyboard works and sometimes it doesn't. Seems that it does NOT work more than it does work.

Please let me know if you are experience the same thing.

Thanks,

Kevin
    I get this too randomly. it bugs me but not to the point of craziness tho
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I had the bookmarks issue & applied the show bookmarks patch. I thought they were showing, but its only listing about 1/2 of my bookmarks. The rest show on just type, so they are there but not visible in bookmarks w/ the rest. I applied the view 99 tiles bookmark patch, and the bookmarks show there. Any ideas of a way to fix that? Im pretty perticular and like to have my bookmarks in alphabetical order lol. If I unapply all the bookmark patches and do clear bookmarks, maybe starting fresh is the only option?
    I updated my meta doctor, redoctored and now my messaging app works without the slowness anymore. I know a few people were having this issue.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    when I doctored to 2.1 everything running smooth. After weeks some hangs happened. Then one day my pre became so slow in everything even with 1ghz kernel installed. So I doctored my pre again with 2.1 and I shocked that it is still very slow! I thought that my pre is dead. But I decided to doctor back to 1.4.5 and now pre works excellent! Why that happened to me? I'm afread if I doctor again to 2.1 then it becomes slow. Why is that happened to me with 2.1 ?
    I'm using o2 german palm pre - ...
    Your probably running low or out of memory. If you go back to 2.1 use Govnah to check your memory usage when your Pre gets slow.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    but i doctored 2 times to 2.1 with new profile and my main profile!
    as i know any issues like memory or any lages are gone when doctor my pre but it wont with me!
    I'm not quiet sure what you're trying to say. However, the Pre- barely has enough memory to run WebOS 2.1. The most common reason for performance issues, lags, hangs, etc... seems to be memory related. Honestly, without more information it's hard to know what was happening in your scenario.

If you upgrade again and run into problems try posting before you revert back to 1.4.5 There are some smart people on the forums that might be able to get your issues resolved.
    I just found a new bug. At least I think it has not been mentioned before. The labels in the contacts app no longer sync with custom labels in Google. I have several phone numbers identified with custom labels in my Google contacts. These custom labels used to sync via synergy with the labels on my Pre+. Since upgrading to 2.1 the labels simply say "other". This was very helpful identifying phone numbers. Anyone else experience this?
    Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    this is weird and annoying:
    I take pictures/videos in my pre, and they don't show up in the photoroll, videoroll. I see the in USB drive mode and can open them with Internalz. ***?
    I am having this issue too. Sometimes can fix it or rename dcim folder to something else, then back to dcim fixes it, recently it doesn't tho. Very frustrating as I take a lot of pics of my kids.

I was able to reset it by resetting it by running this root code Jason from Internalz app posted somewhere else I read. So far its working again...

/sbin/stop fileindexer
    /bin/rm -f /var/luna/data/mediadb.db3
    /sbin/start fileindexer

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by RyanCell; 04/06/2011 at 04:01 PM.