Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
    I looked through some posts and didn't see anyone else mention it but since upgrading to 2.1 I sometimes cannot access the top right drop-down menu. The one that shows the date, battery % WIFI, Bluetooth, VPN and airplane mode option. I am not sure the correct name for this. The only way to be able to use this menu that I can find is to restart my device. I have not yet figured out what causes this to happen either.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahel View Post
    same here
    The pre does not sync all my Facebook contact pictures, and the Facebook App does not have any profile pictures.

Same Here (on a Sprint Pre -)

Very annoying. Does anyone on a Pre 2 (official 2.x.x supported device) have this problem?

I am thinking it has something to do with the small amount of RAM the the pre- has.

Blargh! 1.4.5 i may have to come back to you. Damn you HP/Palm for telling me I couldn't have 2.x.x it just made me want it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
    I looked through some posts and didn't see anyone else mention it but since upgrading to 2.1 I sometimes cannot access the top right drop-down menu. The one that shows the date, battery % WIFI, Bluetooth, VPN and airplane mode option. I am not sure the correct name for this. The only way to be able to use this menu that I can find is to restart my device. I have not yet figured out what causes this to happen either.

Observed exactly the same problem: not possible to open the drop-down device menu. From my observation it seems that this problem occurs only when wi-fi is ON.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharg View Post

same Here! I though a patch make this problem but now I make sure that its a WebOS 2.1 bug! its annoying .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are the last three posters using a leaked build or did you guys use the meta-doctor scripts? As far as I know the inability to access the device menu was restricted to the leaked build(s)...
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Are the last three posters using a leaked build or did you guys use the meta-doctor scripts? As far as I know the inability to access the device menu was restricted to the leaked build(s)...
    meta-doctor here! device info shows WebOS 2.1 and Palm Profile site shows version 2.1 !!!
    I have a Rogers wireless Pre 2. Mine was the OTA update.
    Wow. That sucks. I use the device menu all the time and I can't duplicate on my 2.1 meta Sprint Pre-. I (and several others) had that issue with leaked builds. Sorry fellas. Redoctor? :/
    Wow. That sucks. I use the device menu all the time and I can't duplicate on my 2.1 meta Sprint Pre-. I (and several others) had that issue with leaked builds. Sorry fellas. Redoctor? :/
    I have already done that. I had this problem before and after doctoring. I doctored for a different reason but this is still present. I have had it without anything but app catalog applications installed as well.
    Whenever i send a text message/gtalk message in the SMS client the phone freezes completely until it is sent.
    It would be helpful if all of the bugs were collected onto one post and kept up to date - is anyone willing to do this? Ideally the buglist would link to any threads specific to that bug.

Additionally it would be helpful to know if the bug is confirmed and if the bug occurs only on meta doc or only on certain vendors/situations.
    This only started happening to me less than a week ago which is confusing because I've removed the patches I've installed in that timeframe and they weren't the culprit.. but I'm having an issue where after most of my reboots, when my camera app takes a pic, once I tap on the thumbnail pic of it to bring it up, it does nothing.. If I go into photos app, it doesn't show up there either.. usually 1-2 reboots and it works normal again, one time, I even suddenly had a bunch of the pics I'd taken show up in the midst of the rest of them but usually it either works or it doesn't. Anyone else ran into this or found a remedy? I am using latest UK @ 1ghz..
    Quote Originally Posted by balistic2 View Post
    The pre does not sync all my Facebook contact pictures, and the Facebook App does not have any profile pictures.

Same Here (on a Sprint Pre -)

Very annoying. Does anyone on a Pre 2 (official 2.x.x supported device) have this problem?

I am thinking it has something to do with the small amount of RAM the the pre- has.

Blargh! 1.4.5 i may have to come back to you. Damn you HP/Palm for telling me I couldn't have 2.x.x it just made me want it more.
    facebook - remove the account from "accounts" app and also contacts and re-add it back in. that seems to fix it.

my bug - when sending sms - there's no timestamp to see when the message was received anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    This only started happening to me less than a week ago which is confusing because I've removed the patches I've installed in that timeframe and they weren't the culprit.. but I'm having an issue where after most of my reboots, when my camera app takes a pic, once I tap on the thumbnail pic of it to bring it up, it does nothing.. If I go into photos app, it doesn't show up there either.. usually 1-2 reboots and it works normal again, one time, I even suddenly had a bunch of the pics I'd taken show up in the midst of the rest of them but usually it either works or it doesn't. Anyone else ran into this or found a remedy? I am using latest UK @ 1ghz..
    1ghz uberkernel on pre - => try 800mhz or even uninstalling uberkernel...that fixed similar camera behavior for me.
    Re: camera bug, do you have geo-tags enabled? Try disabling then in Location Services, if so. I was having the same trouble but it remedied itself after a few days. I have some suspicion that it is gps related but not certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Re: camera bug, do you have geo-tags enabled? Try disabling then in Location Services, if so. I was having the same trouble but it remedied itself after a few days. I have some suspicion that it is gps related but not certain.
    I do have them enabled.. I'll give that a try, thanks!
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    You are not alone. This issue is driving me nuts. Comes and goes seemingly at random. The only thing that reliably (and temporarily) fixes it is to plug in to USB mode, change some files, eject, and do a battery-pull restart. Sucks big-time.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    You are not alone. This issue is driving me nuts. Comes and goes seemingly at random. The only thing that reliably (and temporarily) fixes it is to plug in to USB mode, change some files, eject, and do a battery-pull restart. Sucks big-time.
    +1
    This is extremely annoying and also sux cause the picture you just took didn't actually get written to the file system
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    +1
    This is extremely annoying and also sux cause the picture you just took didn't actually get written to the file system
    Actually, I've yet to lose a picture. They can always be found through Internalz, just not seen in the Photos app or camera review.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Actually, I've yet to lose a picture. They can always be found through Internalz, just not seen in the Photos app or camera review.
    Good to know. Hadn't thought to look with Internalz