Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Its snappy and nice, i found a bug where if I try to reorder pages it resets the phone. Unusual huh? I got govnah and clocked it to 600mhz. Im still testing to see whats up. Under webOS quick install my OS is called nova barley wine. Something like that. Have any of you tried webOS 2.1?
    "Don't think, feel." - Bruce Lee
    Quick question... any idea when/if it will be released without the "hacking"?

Kinda over the whole "it mostly works" thing.
    uh there isn't a plan for an official release on the pre minus.

the reorder bug was in the leaked version... Curious what else has carried over, and why flash was taken out
    *waits for thread to be merged*
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    uh there isn't a plan for an official release on the pre minus.

the reorder bug was in the leaked version... Curious what else has carried over, and why flash was taken out
    Funny thing is I also have flash. though hideious, I have it
    you have the leaked version not the meta doctored version from webOS internals
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    Its snappy and nice, i found a bug where if I try to reorder pages it resets the phone. Unusual huh? I got govnah and clocked it to 600mhz. Im still testing to see whats up. Under webOS quick install my OS is called nova barley wine. Something like that. Have any of you tried webOS 2.1?
    Nova-Barleywine? That is the leaked version, we aren't supposed to talk about it...

Here's how to make your own unofficial, but legal version of WebOS 2.1.0 as long as you do not distribute it: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    I don't have the reorder bug on my metadoctor'd to 2.1.0 Sprint Pre.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
    Nova-Barleywine? That is the leaked version, we aren't supposed to talk about it...

Here's how to make your own unofficial, but legal version of WebOS 2.1.0 as long as you do not distribute it: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    Yea..Well, I'm gonna stick with my 1.4.5 now seeing as i don't know how to do any of that metadoctor stuff Why can't someone post a webosdoctor of it?
    Yea..Well, I'm gonna stick with my 1.4.5 now seeing as i don't know how to do any of that metadoctor stuff Why can't someone post a webosdoctor of it?
    Only Palm is allowed to distribute webosdoctors. The metadoctor scripts are extremely easy to use.
    Because that would be illegal.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    Only Palm is allowed to distribute webosdoctors. The metadoctor scripts are extremely easy to use.
    I don't have linux on my pc at all, assuming I meta-doctored it, is it a step up in improvement? I had the beta and while it was very nice, no patches, and overclock, etc. I dunno if it's it worth it. Unless the metadoctor versions are above and beyond what I had.
    I don't have linux on my pc at all, assuming I meta-doctored it, is it a step up in improvement? I had the beta and while it was very nice, no patches, and overclock, etc. I dunno if it's it worth it. Unless the metadoctor versions are above and beyond what I had.
    I'm in the same exact boat. I had the leaked version and i ended up going back to 1.4.5 for pretty much the reasons that you mentioned. But for some reason, I want to try 2.1 and stay with it if it works! idk what to do!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    What can we do then? I only have this phone and if I screw around with some scripts to get a 2.1 update that might not be all what it's worth I just want someone to tel me, "yeah, I totally recommend" or "hell naw, not worth it."
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    1) Download Virtualbox
    2) Download Pre-Installed Ubuntu 9.10 HDD Image (with guest additions installed; also get the username/password.)
    3) Make a new virtual machine
    4) "Use existing drive" and point it to the image you downloaded earlier
    5) Boot into VM within your current Windows installation
    6) Download meta-doctor and run the Pre- script in Ubuntu, let it do its stuff!
    7) Get xxxx.jar / palm-build-info-unmasqed files off VM through network/internet/storage/etc

Alternatively, I have heard of people using Cygwin to just do all the linuxy stuff inside of Windows, so you could try that. I personally prefer a full Linux environment for any Penguin-tinkery, though.
    I'm using the meta-doctored version of the O2 doctor on a Sprint-ified Pre Plus (basically hacked together all around, I guess ), and it's definitely pretty buggy.

That being said, I'm not sure that any of the bugs are big enough to make me want to go back to 1.4.5.

Of course, on an original Pre, performance might be more of an issue, so you might want to hear about the performance from someone else. I suspect it'll be a little slower than 1.4.5.

Basically, you already know about the changes: Voice Dial, Exhibition mode, Stacks, Text Assist, Just Type, Quick Actions, etc. There's little tweaks here and there in other parts (like a smiley selection box in Messaging, shown via Opt+Space), but if the big deal changes aren't enough for you, then the little things won't be enough of a difference either.

For the record, I'm 99.999% certain that the bugs aren't from the 'hacked' doctor, or from the Pre Plus on Sprint, but are just bugs in the OS itself.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Can anyone give me a simple explanation on homebrewing 2.0.1 on a sprint pre, or just link me to one? What needs to be downloaded and run in terminal because it won't show up in webOS doctor.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    After confirming java and Palm SDK installation I get this error at the end of the Sprint script:
    2011-03-02 22:42:23 (469 KB/s) - `downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar' saved [195098147/195098147]

rm -rf build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar
    ( cd build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    ( cd build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar resources/sprint.tar )
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS
    tar -C build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS \
    -f build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/resources/webOS.tar -x
    tar: ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz: Wrote only 3584 of 10240 bytes
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.unpacked] Error 2

Anybody help? It's happened twice now. I would love to upgrade!
    Is the "granular spirits" thing the same as 2.1 or equivalent to windows longhorn?
    When you tell someone something, it depends on what part of the World you're standing in . . . as to just how silly you sound.