Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 85 of 85
  1. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Just saw the clip. If the big demo for the TP is TTS, their done. All Apple has to do is one of their thirty-second ads, 3 seconds of which is bump doing something more impressive than sharing a URL. DONE. It's over. HP better hope there is something better to differentiate, cause that aint it.
    How many steps does it take to share with Bump vs TTS?

    You have to manually find and open the Bump app on both devices. Then find and enter in what you want to send into the Bump app. Then bump hard enough to kick in both devices accelerometers. Then select agree on both devices. If you leave the app and find you want to share something else, you get to do it all over again.

    TTS just works.

    Bump is actually closer to Neato!'s phone to phone function and Neato! can run in the background.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    How many steps does it take to share with Bump vs TTS?

    You have to manually find and open the Bump app on both devices. Then find and enter in what you want to send into the Bump app. Then bump hard enough to kick in both devices accelerometers. Then select agree on both devices. If you leave the app and find you want to share something else, you get to do it all over again.

    TTS just works.

    Bump is actually closer to Neato!'s phone to phone function and Neato! can run in the background.
    Your argument misses the point. TTS is just a software upgrade for something already available on other platforms. If it is the BIG demo that shows off the uniqueness of WebOS, it is easily trumped by better demos of the same type of thing, only more useful. Also, Bump works on EVERY iOS device. Once you start explaining the technical differences, you have already lost the 30 second, attention span war.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Ouch! Looks like someone needs to write falconrap on the blackboard 100 times!
    Honestly;
    I've always seen it as falconcrap.
    It was sketch's post that just made me aware it wasn't. I had to go back and look.
    That is so weird how I always saw it that way.
  4. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Your argument misses the point. TTS is just a software upgrade for something already available on other platforms. If it is the BIG demo that shows off the uniqueness of WebOS, it is easily trumped by better demos of the same type of thing, only more useful. Also, Bump works on EVERY iOS device. Once you start explaining the technical differences, you have already lost the 30 second, attention span war.
    Apple already ran ads with Bump last year and yet people (even JT) are still wow'd by TTS demos. Could it be because of the user experience difference I explained? And TTS is only one of the big demos for webOS.

    Also, TTS can't be done with a software upgrade. Communication coils are needed.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Just saw the clip. If the big demo for the TP is TTS, their done. All Apple has to do is one of their thirty-second ads, 3 seconds of which is bump doing something more impressive than sharing a URL. DONE. It's over. HP better hope there is something better to differentiate, cause that aint it.
    Agreed. I don't really see why this bump thing is even that big a deal and was disappointed that it's what Josh chose to show. People get all willy about it (I guess maybe that's a good thing), but I think it's just a gimmick.

    What HP needs to do, at least for now, is make a big deal about the notifications, the cards, the wireless Touchstone stuff, the built-in QuickOffice, the enterprise readiness (don't know if it's been fixed, but you can't even delete or move an email on the iPad if you're in airplane mode) and I also think the fact that you can get phone calls and SMS on the tablet is huge. I get tired of carrying both my Tab and Evo around the house.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions