Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Um... why would they put the Pre 2 on there? It's old technology and not the new hardware that HP is bringing out. The Pre 2 is what the original Pre should have been.
    Old tech or not it was just released (on a carrier) much like the zoom. From what I have read it runs like butter.
    I object!... All the other guests got a lot of time on the show while Joshua's segment seemed like it was all of 2 mins... Lame. But overall, it was really nice to see our beloved OS shown off to the general public on national television! The fact that HP even let Josh take these devices out in public and show them off to the world tells me that they must be a lot closer to production than we're all assuming... Hmmm....
    yep, its a conspiracy against palm. Even more scandelous, they didn't show the droid2, droidX, or droidPro. Motorola will have a lawsuit filed in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yep, its a conspiracy against palm. Even more scandelous, they didn't show the droid2, droidX, or droidPro. Motorola will have a lawsuit filed in the morning.
    That comparison is a little off base. The phone literally like two days ago became available on the nations largest carrier and there wasn't a mention of it. I do not think HP or Verizon for that mater really cares about the phone, but to not mention it is a little silly. "these phones will be released in the coming months, but the Pre2 was just released on Verizon this Monday" done. Just silly.
    Jimmy Fallon showed the Palm Pre on his show a long while back. He loves it but I don't think it did much for sales...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    All it's doing is sending a URL to the browser which is probably pretty quick. The receiving device has to establish a web connection and load the page. It seems more like a gimmick to me. It's not like it's going to send over a game of online poker or a book or anything.
    tts may very well be a gimmick but its a real solid feature and new emerging technology that im sure hp will implement into their printers. u have a pic on ur fone or ur screen, forget launchin the hp print apps, tts on webos printer and boom!

ffc are/were gimmicks too, and so were touch screens, and text messging too when that first started. all now dominating the market.

as for your last comment, we dont know exactly what it can and cant do, but i think its safe to say that yes it will send over a game, online poker, or a book to the touchpad. its supposed to be linked, its not only webbrowers, its linked to synergy and palm profile. have skype video kall on veer, tts to tp and u get bigger image + ffc on ur veer! u should be happy we got some more air-time, the xoom and atrix will be hefty competitors, but the audience had some good reactions imo. we could be in business.

one thing im not sureabout/dont recall readin or seeing is can the touchpad tts back to the pre3/veer, or is it one-way, anyone know?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Just caught it. Although there are plenty of other eye catching devices on the market and more to come the HP (short) demonstration was the most enticing to me. At least Jimmy knew of WebOS and mentioned it. I now think the Veer will do better than I had originally thought, it is a cool little Pre but to me I can't wait for the 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcompg View Post
    I know as all of us tech nerds can pick apart these phones and criticize stupid stuff.. The reality is 75% of people just don't care...

what did people do when they saw tap to share? Criticze the 5 seconds it took? No they oooooed ..because they have NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE!
    josh showed the veer did they criticize it for not being a quad core 6in slab ?no they ahhhhed cause they were looking at "the worlds smallest smartphone!"

even though it's a small audience.. It's stuff like this that it takes to get peoples mindshare.. That was more effective marketing then anything palm ever did..
    I have to agree with you 100% on that one. After seeing the segment tonight, it put things in perspective. Most people just need to see that wow factor to start grabbing their attention & get mind share. Apple's been great at doing this, and anytime Steve Jobs presents a new Apple product people act like they've just seen flying Unicorns, even if it's not all that to us tech nerds.

When the crowd saw the Veer, it was like wow. A little smartphone like that playing need for speed, playing 3d games without any hiccups. It looked just as smooth as it would play on an iPhone, or any smartphone.

When they saw the Pre 3 & TouchPad touch to share feature, they were like ohhh, and started giving a round of applause. That's all it takes. Forget about blabbing about synergy, & true multitasking, etc. I love those features, but the average person just wants to be wow'd like they were tonight. HP just needs to keep showcasing features like this, and making people see flying Unicorns. Then Apotheker's vision will come true; when we live in a world where people say,"WOW! This is as cool as HP". One day Leo, one day.

Until then, I can't wait to get my hands on the TouchPad & Pre 3.
    we can only hope... I think that Palm did fairly well with the original Pre but I have a feeling that even if they are the underdogs in the mobile space, HP won't be going down without one hell of a fight. And I wouldn't have it any other way. It's like a lot of you already said, the average person doesn't even know what webOS is... But with great publicity like tonights presentation, I think people are bound to start noticing... And I mean that in a good way of course. :]
    I assume the reason Touch-to-Share appeared 'slow' is because there is a "sweet spot" on the TouchPad which I don't think he hit the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I assume the reason Touch-to-Share appeared 'slow' is because there is a "sweet spot" on the TouchPad which I don't think he hit the first time.
    This. I don't see how it was "slow", because he lifted the phone up and tried again and hit the right spot. Once he did that the ripple was immediate and the website was up on the Pre 3 in 2 seconds. Slow my ***.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    This. I don't see how it was "slow", because he lifted the phone up and tried again and hit the right spot. Once he did that the ripple was immediate and the website was up on the Pre 3 in 2 seconds. Slow my ***.
    +1

Oh and....

I'm sorry.. But I need to tell you ... I keep reading your name as falconcrap ... I dunno why ... I'm being serious...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    +1

Oh and....

I'm sorry.. But I need to tell you ... I keep reading your name as falconcrap ... I dunno why ... I'm being serious...

Ouch! Looks like someone needs to write falconrap on the blackboard 100 times!
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Ouch! Looks like someone needs to write falconrap on the blackboard 100 times!
    Lol.. That .. My friend is a great idea!! ... Gets out chalk

*starts writing*... falconcrap...falconrap...falconcrap...falconrap...
    falconcrap...falconrap...

Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I wish he coulda spent a little more time on the gadgets. Liza sucked up all the airtime... smh.
    lol the part about sexting had me cracking up.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Jimmy seems to be a lot more interested in HP WebOs devices than Android stuff.

The touch-to-share demo essentially sold the TouchPad for me. I just hope they an get it out quicker than September so I don't have to wait!
    Just saw the clip. If the big demo for the TP is TTS, their done. All Apple has to do is one of their thirty-second ads, 3 seconds of which is bump doing something more impressive than sharing a URL. DONE. It's over. HP better hope there is something better to differentiate, cause that aint it.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast