Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I doctored my Sprint phone to 2.1 yesterday and it doesn't look like there is Voice Dialing... but if you look in the Screen and Lock app, there is a Voice Dialing section in which you can set "Enable When Locked" On/Off.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Yes 2.1 for sprint pre (leaked) has voice calling. It can be a bit touchy though.
    2.1 on o2 pre- has VD and I must say it works quite nice
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    2.1 on o2 pre- has NO VD here! how that comes!?
    Hmm, I don't know. I have a Sprint Pre- and I have voice dialing. It's kinda crappy though, maybe it just doesn't like my Southern accent.

EDIT: Okay, idk about anyone else, but you have to say the person's entire name really clearly...nicknames you've entered don't work. Single names (you didn't put in a last name) can be kinda iffy.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    O2 UK Palm Pre Plus, has voice dialing, and it works great!
    Got it here Verizon Pre Plus in US works great! Whadda you guys expect? Speak ghetto into your phone and it will recognize it? Of course you gotta speak clearly, your pre is not 'Watson'. Sheesh.
    german o2 pre- VD is there and works quite well in my room, didnt test it yet with a headset out in the streets
    Vzw pre plus here. Voice dialing works gr8.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Hmm, I don't know. I have a Sprint Pre- and I have voice dialing. It's kinda crappy though, maybe it just doesn't like my Southern accent.

EDIT: Okay, idk about anyone else, but you have to say the person's entire name really clearly...nicknames you've entered don't work. Single names (you didn't put in a last name) can be kinda iffy.
    or have to misspronouce to match what it thinks is coorect pronunciation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    or have to misspronouce to match what it thinks is coorect pronunciation?
    I was actually surprised to find the voice functions on the Evo work with nicknames. It even works with MY NAME! LOL

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    and if you try to uninstall voice dial using ipkg it complains. It's a feature I'll never use, since just type is just.. so much faster and less obtrusive. Trouble is the volume keys on my Pre are really touchy, especially volume up, so voice dial triggers itself frequently and ignores my mute switch as well as the really silent ringer switch patch that silences games and such.
    Last edited by suburban_war; 03/01/2011 at 12:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Got it here Verizon Pre Plus in US works great! Whadda you guys expect? Speak ghetto into your phone and it will recognize it? Of course you gotta speak clearly, your pre is not 'Watson'. Sheesh.
    does having a regional accent = speaking ghetto? Does speaking clearly = sounding like a newscaster? If so, i'd say that's poor voice recognition tech.
    Voice Dial worked for me the one time I used it. But, after using Voice Dial, my system sounds are muted until I reboot the phone. Anyone else experience this? Running a Sprint Pre- if it matters.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Voice Dial worked for me the one time I used it. But, after using Voice Dial, my system sounds are muted until I reboot the phone. Anyone else experience this? Running a Sprint Pre- if it matters.
    Yep.
    Anyone know why this happens? When you run a normal Meta-Doctor and disable the carrier and model check, there is no Voice Dial.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I think you can extract the voice dialing ipk (from the carrier customizations?!) from the webOS Doctor and install it manually.
    But I didn't try it because I have an O2 Germany Pre Minus for which I only had to use REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK and voice dialing is there by default.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Doesn't work AT ALL on my phone.
    Just doesn't get anything right.
    On my German Pre it works really good, at least when saying names. Saying numbers doesn't work that good, but it's ok.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    It sort of works on my Sprint Pre 2. I can't get it to recognize the names of anyone in my contact list, but I can get it to recognize numbers. Also, it often lags for launching.
    On my at&t pre plus, voice dial worked perfectly the first time I used it after doctoring, but after that, it not only doesn't work, but it still disables all system sounds, requiring a re-boot. Very annoying.

I wonder if there is an easy way to just remove this function... It's not a delete-able app, since it was pre-installed.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast