Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks for the script. works like a charm and was able to pull the files off of my friends pre- since i did this before the script. thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    #!/bin/sh
    stop pulseaudio
    sleep 2
    start pulseaudio
    Xanadu73 does this allow you to use voice dial without loosing system sounds?
    Also does it have to be applied after every time you use voice dial or once after every reboot or what?

Thanks.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    Quote Originally Posted by lzwfkv View Post
    Hi there,
    if it can be of any help, in the meanwhile i have raised a live chat with Palm Support and i have been able to solve this issue with Voice Dial by using the "Erase applications and data" feature of the phone as suggested by the tech. support; of course i was not able to restore some homebrew apps and patches, even though the patches are still installed on the kernel because i can see their functionalities still active on the phone, but this is a completely different topic to investigate afterwards.

However, I don't think the above was somewhat related to the issue, rather i can remember an action i've carried out when i launched Voice Dial the first time.

I did not complete the "training" session proposed by Voice Dial the first time you use it and canceled it; while this time i have waited until the end of training session before starting to use Voice Dial.

I think, there should be some task carried out the first time Voice Dial is launched that couldn't be performed when i interrupted the training, hence it probably skipped some important configuration needed to run Voice Dial successfully.

My 2 cents worth..

Ciao.
    so are you saying that after you let the training tutorial run you didnt have the system sound problems anymore? Also what are you using pre +/-/2 frankenpre on Sprint/Att was 2.1 OTA or meta-doctored?

This seems to be relevant info & I noticed your comment went overlooked.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    this removes everything. so you dont have the issue with losing sound because the voice dial is not being activated. dont miss it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    this removes everything. so you dont have the issue with losing sound because the voice dial is not being activated. dont miss it at all.
    Is that reply to me?
    Ive noticed that just changing the system sound & the ringtone volume after using voice-dial reactivates the sounds without rebooting.Just move the slider any direction & then back where you had it.

maybe this info can be added to wiki or STICKY or something unless it just works for me.
    Pre plus on sprint with 2.1.0!

I just used it & simply hit the volume button on the side turning it down & back up & sounds are working.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 04/26/2011 at 08:43 AM.
    Voice dial is working like a charm on my Sprint Pre 2. I waited a while to check it out, but now I love it!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    For the record, Voice Dialing worked on my Unlocked PreČ out of the box but once it came back from repair at Palm, they had loaded 2.0.1 for some strange reason and I had to update it to 2.1.0, then voice dial worked a a few times before I started to load homebrew patches on it. Something broke Voice Dial today - I don't know if it was the theme I loaded or patches or if there was some offending patch. Nothing short of a Partial Erase fixed this issue and I am determined to uncover the cause. At present, Voice Dial works (I just tested it after a partial erase) but apps are just beginning to be restored. I will post back with more data on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Voice dial is working like a charm on my Sprint Pre 2. I waited a while to check it out, but now I love it!
    I agree, its a lot easier than scrolling or typing to find a contact. Also I found that holding down the send/end button in the phone app launches voice dial
    Thanks for this. Voice Dial has been driving me nuts! It pops up at all the wrong times, and I think it drains my battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Hey!

For those that want to disable Voice Dial, but may be a bit hesitant on actually uninstalling every bit of it (there's more to it than just the main service listed above), you can simply disable it from starting:

Should disable the service from even starting at boot time.

Boot log before:

Boot log after:

You see that the length of the value in that key changed ("true" --> "false"). You can always check it on your system:

Even after I had ripped out EVERY piece of VoiceDial, it was still set to start at boot time. It's now completely disabled.

M.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345