Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    It sort of works on my Sprint Pre 2. I can't get it to recognize the names of anyone in my contact list, but I can get it to recognize numbers. Also, it often lags for launching.
    How did you get it on your Sprint Pre 2?

I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 but there was no voice dial. I then grabbed the ipk's and installed them but I don't see anything after a reboot?

I used:
    pmvoicecommand_1.4-5.30_armv7.ipk
    pmvoicecommand-enus_1.0-5.30_armv7.ipk

Anyone???
    not sure if its possible to add voicedial to a metadoctored pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Voice Dial worked for me the one time I used it. But, after using Voice Dial, my system sounds are muted until I reboot the phone. Anyone else experience this? Running a Sprint Pre- if it matters.
    +1. On Sprint Pre+ with WebOS 2.1 installed via standard meta-doctor Sprint script
    Works quite perfectly on my Pre 2 with v2.1.

I've tried names of people with completely different accents and from various parts of the world. It even comes up with suggestions if it can't recognize. I've only had it fail me maybe once or twice out of a total of 30 or 40 times I've tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Works quite perfectly on my Pre 2 with v2.1.

I've tried names of people with completely different accents and from various parts of the world. It even comes up with suggestions if it can't recognize. I've only had it fail me maybe once or twice out of a total of 30 or 40 times I've tried it.
    'Voice Dialing on 2.1.0' is a TOTAL fail for me. I cannot get it to recognize a single command. Out of 20 attempts, I had a failure rate of 100%. Not to mention the fact that every time I try to use this, 'sound notifications' stop working and a restart is then required to fix the issue. The restart itself then has it's own issue, the 'Voice Dialing' icon moves back to the bottom of the Apllication page in the launcher, from no matter where you move it to.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 03/11/2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    It works great for me even with my southern accent.
    can anybody with a pre2 that just got the upgrade to 2.1 confirm that voice dialing does not disable system sounds or is this a complete 2.1 issue.
    thanks
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    can anybody with a pre2 that just got the upgrade to 2.1 confirm that voice dialing does not disable system sounds or is this a complete 2.1 issue.
    thanks
    I can confirm with my new frankenpre 2 on sprint that system sounds do work after using voice dialer.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    thanks
    I know this doesn't confirm it from the Pre2 perspective, but I'm fairly certain that I've only seen these issues (& I am one of them) from those with legacy devices...
    that makes sence as i am on a legacy device. thanks everyone.
    Can those of you who got it to work on the Pre 2 share how you got it to work.
    Yeah, after using it my Pre 2's system sounds stop working until after a reboot.

As for voice dial working by itself, I didn't do anything magical really. I just used it. I don't even talk in a "clear, distinct, robotic" tone. I just speak normally. Not too loud, try to keep the blue line somewhere in the middle of the mic icon, don't make it turn red.

It should really just pick up on what you're saying. Try a different accent, try a more "American" accent if you're having trouble (and are from a different part of the world).
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    works on my sprint pre- as well

The only issues is it has trouble recognizing the names of my contacts. All i did to install was follow the instructions on the wiki for upgrading to WebOS 2 and it came with.
    It doesn't like one syllable names. Things like mom, home - no dice.

It works over bluetooth and the mic headphones, too, though! Finally, I can call people with the phone button the T505.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Voice Dial works fine on my Sprint Pre when I want to use it. It has ruined my ability to run the music app as it constantly pops up while my music is playing. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctyler View Post
    Voice Dial works fine on my Sprint Pre when I want to use it. It has ruined my ability to run the music app as it constantly pops up while my music is playing. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Are your volume buttons being depressed/held? Holding one of them causes the voice dial to launch.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I'm also having issues with using the music app when the pre2 is plugged into a stereo jack: it repeatedly tries to start up the voice-dialler. I'm not pressing the volume buttons. Strangely, this doesn't happen with a mono-jack. But I don't really want to listen to music that way...

It's very annoying- does anybody know a way to completely disable the voice dialler? It's not the kind of thing I need at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuwar View Post
    It's very annoying- does anybody know a way to completely disable the voice dialler? It's not the kind of thing I need at all.
    The obvious answer would be to remove the voicedial ipks from the resources.tar file in the meta-doctor that is created.... this would prevent it from being installed in the first place. And then of coures, you'd have to re-meta-doctor. But

I'm not 100% sure that wouldn't mess up something else....
    Voice Dialing appears to kill all sounds (system, audiojack, speaker, earpiece) on my meta-doctored Verizon Pre Plus.

This would be a non-issue if the damned thing didn't launch, and unfurl it's crippling BS standard, the moment anything was plugged into the headphone jack. If it didn't do that EVERYTIME, well, I'd just learn to ignore the feature...

Call home = Call Jerome

Call Cathy = Call Todd King

I'm not sure I like calling my girlfriend Todd....and I don't live in a Jerome....

so far Voice Dial gets a big goose egg...they should have made it available like old school phones used to be (and probably still are)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast