Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This should be a thread for people to report how the latest webos is running on the old pres and to answer questions from users that are still deciding if they stick with 1.4.5 or should update.

First i have to say that i have a o2 pre-, and hat no problems with creating a new profile and having access to all pdk and paid apps. I didnt try updating my old 1.4.5 profile cause i wasnt sure if i wanted to keep 2.1.0.

After i just finished flashing i was really suprised about how smooth the new GPU accelerated GUI is it just looks and feels awesome, but i have to say that i miss my launcher patches (4 icons in one row, smaller etc) hope these will be ported sooner or later.
    Most standard apps dont feel slower than on a 1.4.5 pre @500mhz, some (like the Browser) feel like they are even faster. Some Apps are slower tho, like the new appcatalog, this one suffers from some big slow downs from time to time and i dont know if its Ram oder CPU related.
    All other functions work fine (Camera, GPS, Messaging and so on) even the new features of 2.1.0 like Voice Dialing, Exhibition Mode or Quickoffice.
    After now nearly one day of testing i have to say that this is imo enduser ready, sure its a bit slow at some times but after all, hp/palm released worst official updates
    Im really looking forward to see the patches and uberkernel ported over to the brand new Firmware and i wonder what improvement a pre- shows when its running @ 800 or more Mhz.
    Anyway, thank WebOS Internals Team for the great work and support for meta doctor

PS: Flash is not included in 2.1.0, there are some ipks floating arround that will fix that but i didnt tried them, maybe when a uberkernel is available.
    I also never tried the leaked beta of 2.0.1, so i cant compare it to 2.1.0.
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 02/23/2011 at 07:14 AM.
    Performance is better than the leaked build, and some options are improved (for one, reordering launcher pages doesn't cause the phone to crash and the app catalog works).

Worth it for me, especially since I really wanted to use Koto Player (and it's a great app)! Since this is an official doctor, Palm will be releasing the 2.1.0 kernel source code (hopefully sooner than later...) and webOSinternals can make a Uberkernel for it.

Once more people metadoctor, I think patches will come. I'm going to try to make a few myself, I had already done a few with 2.0.1, but now I will start from scratch for us 2.1.0 people.

EDIT: I will say my Google Calendar sync does not work. Others may have success. Yahoo calendar works fine.
    Last edited by malpha; 02/23/2011 at 07:16 AM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Ok try something for me . Open up several different web pages 2 to 4 and while they are in card mode do they go into a refresh mode and serverly slow down or freeze your phone ??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Also check contact pics in phone app and in contact app do they all appear correctly ?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    10 cards open, scrolling and zooming slows down, but no refreshing.
    (Pre- btw)
  6.    #6  
    all contacts with a picture display just fine, in the contacts app and in the phone app.
    I also like webOS 2.1. It sometimes seems to be slower, but its always smooth, so no flickering whatsoever.

I also tried to open 20 cards on my Pre- and IT WORKS! Even with angry birds, camera and music player remix.

The update is totally worth it.
    is there and easy download/doctor that I can use for my sprint pre- or fo I have to do al the stuff that I have been reading that I am not familar with? If not, is someone going to make an easy download that I can then doctor my phone and be good to go? Thanks for any info...i had tried the leaked doctor and absolutely loved 2.0.1 but not being able to use my profile and have access to paid apps was killing me so I reverted back.

ken
    I can tell you that most if not all of Jason Robitailles 2.0 patches do work with 2.1. So do the ones I have updated / created myself. You can get them over in the webOS patches section and in the Canuck Coding sections and install the patches using the new WOSQI.

The only one I am aware of that doesn't work in 2.1 is the "no video pause when minimized" patch that I updated.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    is there and easy download/doctor that I can use for my sprint pre- or fo I have to do al the stuff that I have been reading that I am not familar with? If not, is someone going to make an easy download that I can then doctor my phone and be good to go? Thanks for any info...i had tried the leaked doctor and absolutely loved 2.0.1 but not being able to use my profile and have access to paid apps was killing me so I reverted back.

ken
    There is a three step scripted method built into the meta Dr. It doesn't get any easier than that.

It is all spelled out very succinctly in a post by Ed Cates in that thread.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    i have to say that i miss my launcher patches (4 icons in one row, smaller etc) hope these will be ported sooner or later.
    I have read that the launcher is not able to be patched in 2.X because it is hard coded into Luna to make it faster (instead of basically creating a web page to be able to display the launcher as it was in all versions of webOS before 2.X).
    I'd like to request that those who have webOS 2.1.0 running on their Pre- start each post with a quick identifier of their network in square brackets [Sprint] [O2] etc.. so that it is clear throughout the thread which network it's applicable to.

thank you for being brave and helping the rest of us sort through this.
    Has anyone noticed a huge difference from webOS 2.1.0 and 2.0.1?
    Sprint Love
    No flash, No voice dialing, limited patches = I will wait a few weeks/months before moving from 1.4.5. During that time hopefully more patches will be ported to 2.1 such as Ubercalendar, Uber Kernel, Launcher, etc.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  15.    #15  
    Voice dialing Is available and Works fine
    just flash Is missing
    has anyone else tried to sync google calendar with the webos 2.1.i know that there was a time limit on how far ahead it could sync but is it also totally not working on the metadoctored devices.This is a decider for if i will try this on my device later on in the week
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I can tell you that most if not all of Jason Robitailles 2.0 patches do work with 2.1. So do the ones I have updated / created myself. You can get them over in the webOS patches section and in the Canuck Coding sections and install the patches using the new WOSQI.

The only one I am aware of that doesn't work in 2.1 is the "no video pause when minimized" patch that I updated.
    Do you have any idea when the patches portal will be updated so we can submit 2.1 patches?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    What exactly is the issue with the Profile migration? Is it "just" that a Profile converted for 2.x can't be used on an 1.x device anymore, or is there actually a risk of profile data loss or corruption?

Seriously considering, but I'd hate to lose all the Apps I've bought, and I've heard different things so far.
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Voice dialing Is available and Works fine
    just flash Is missing
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    No flash, No voice dialing, limited patches = I will wait a few weeks/months before moving from 1.4.5. During that time hopefully more patches will be ported to 2.1 such as Ubercalendar, Uber Kernel, Launcher, etc.
    Can we get clarification on whether voice dialing is or is not available? I've seen more than one conflicting report on this.
    I have a Sprint Pre- running 2.1.0 and Voice Dialing works.

I have no idea what Dieter did on his AT&T install to make it not show up, but oh well.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast