Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Make sure you download v2. I just uploaded it not too long ago. I decided there is no need to disable it in 'Device Info'.
    Yes, I just downloaded the Version 2. And it didn't work for my German Pre. You can see, that something wants to scroll in, but it disappears very fast. But I just found the reason: after changing the system language from German to English it works. So I think you need a German translation. If you send me the words/sentences you need, then i will translate them for you.
    Last edited by john-vogel; 02/24/2011 at 05:44 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by john-vogel View Post
    Yes, I just downloaded the Version 2. And it didn't work for my German Pre. You can see, that something wants to scroll in, but it disappears very fast. But I just found the reason: after changing the system language from German to English it works. So I think you need a German translation. If you send me the words/sentences you need, then i will translate them for you.
    Does it work if you change it back from English to German?

Also, I'm not sure how I would incorporate languages into the patch. Maybe I'll make two patches, one for German and one for English.

Code:
    Tap for USB Drive
    Tap for Media Sync or USB Drive
    Media Sync
    USB Drive
    Just Charge
    That's the only text that I need to change, I believe. Unless the actual code itself has to be in German, that should work. If you translate that, I can save a new patch and attach it for you.
    Tap for USB Drive = Tippen für USB Laufwerk
    Tap for Media Sync or USB Drive = Tippen für Media Sync oder USB Laufwerk
    Media Sync = Media Sync
    USB Drive = USB Laufwerk
    Just Charge = Nur laden

I'm not sure, if it works with the German mutation "ü". To be sure, it can be replaced by an "ue".

EDIT: I will now go to bed and if there is a new German version tomorrow, I will test it!
  4.    #24  
    Tap for USB Drive = Tippen für USB Laufwerk
    Tap for Media Sync or USB Drive = Tippen für Media Sync oder USB Laufwerk
    Media Sync = Media Sync
    USB Drive = USB Laufwerk
    Just Charge = Nur laden

I'm not sure, if it works with the German mutation "ü". To be sure, it can be replaced by an "ue".

EDIT: I will now go to bed and if there is a new German version tomorrow, I will test it!
    Thanks, I appreciate the testing. I replaced those phrases with the correct German phrases in the patch. It's attached to this post. I hope it works.

EDIT: I was told by another member that there was a specific reason the patch was not working. So I modified it with some of his help, and uploaded a minor update (2.1). You can find the file at the link of the OP. Let me know how it works.
    Last edited by fxspec06; 02/24/2011 at 07:49 PM.
    are there any ways to make a video playlist? I have waaay too many videos, and i would like to organize them...
    Ok, it now works also with German webOS-Devices. But unfortunately the music app shows the tracks, but not the playlists.
  7.    #27  
    Ok, it now works also with German webOS-Devices. But unfortunately the music app shows the tracks, but not the playlists.
    Yes, I know. I have no idea why. I just spend 4 hours looking through the entire 1.4.5 framework trying to find the code that reads the music database. It seems that the database is stored at com.palm.media.musicdb or something similar.. if I can find the lines of code that builds this database and compare the 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 I might be able to get it to work. Although it might be a lot simpler than that. I'm gonna be trying to fix that though. It might take me a day, it might take me a week, it might take me a few months. But I want it to work, so I'll keep you updated.
    Ok guys, I have a solution for this problem!

First, you need to download the newest Test-Build of MediaMonkey 4. Then, you need to check, if one or both of this folders exist. Please notice, that the AppData-Folder is a hidden folder.

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey
    C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey

In every existing folder, there should be a file called MediaMonkey.ini. Just open it and add the following lines at the end of the file:
    Code:
    [WMDM]
    COMApartmentThreading=1
    Now, start MediaMonkey and then connect the Palm Pre in USB-Mode to your Computer. In the left "list" you should see your Palm Pre device. Just click on it. Now you're able to change the sync-settings. For playlists to work, you need to activate "relative paths" and "use / instead of \ (linux slashes)"

Greets,
    John
    shadeybeep likes this.

First, you need to download the newest Test-Build of MediaMonkey 4. Then, you need to check, if one or both of this folders exist. Please notice, that the AppData-Folder is a hidden folder.

In every existing folder, there should be a file called MediaMonkey.ini. Just open it and add the following lines at the end of the file:
    Code:
    [WMDM]
    COMApartmentThreading=1
    Now, start MediaMonkey and then connect the Palm Pre in USB-Mode to your Computer. In the left "list" you should see your Palm Pre device. Just click on it. Now you're able to change the sync-settings. For playlists to work, you need to activate "relative paths" and "use / instead of \ (linux slashes)"

Greets,
    John

hi all,

i downloaded the ultimate build but don't find the .ini files. why?

another question: how can i create a playlist? what is the correct way to create a playlist with palm pre2?
    the playlist is created in I: (for example) and reports all the files as i:/mp3/filename1.mp3 not ../mp3/filename1.mp3 also with "relative paths" and "use / instead of \ (linux slashes)" sets.

regards,
    Sold
    THANK YOU!! This worked perfectly!! I am so relieved that I do not have to use itunes and salling media sync anymore to get my playlists on my phone.

Do I have any reason to be nervous about a test build somehow messing up my library on the official release (version 3 something, installed in a different directory)?

The test build thread that was linked contained lots of more recent test builds.. I have no idea if it matters which one I download. I downloaded the one that was linked from here before realizing that there were so many other pages. It works, so I can't see any reason to download a more recent test build.. or am I missing something? I assume the newer builds just fix bugs and possibly add features, is that correct?

I guess I'm just afraid to change anything at all, now that I actually got it all working the way I want it to work.

Does anyone know if MediaMonkey takes away the test builds when they are released officially? I am worried they'll make these features I need only available in a pay version. Although honestly, I should pay them anyway, I use this program constantly.

Code:
    [WMDM]
    COMApartmentThreading=1

Greets,
    John
    I may have found a solution to playlist creation not mentioned elsewhere here.

I commonly have ~2K songs on my phones -- Treo 680, Centro and now a Pre 2 (it was not terribly costly, accepted the most current OS without problems, and I needed a new toy...). Playlists are important to me, and I need to manage them on my desktop system. I have used a freeware program called Playlist Creator, and it is well worth a modest voluntary contribution, I think.

I followed various suggestions here, and none worked. I then downloaded KotoPlayer or whatever it's called, just to see how it handled playlists. It would never do the whole job -- not using a tiny thumbboard for input, but for 99¢ this was a cheap experiment. Whatever else it does, KotoPlayer creates a separate playlist directory ("Playlists"). It appears to be more or less a front-end for the built-in music player otherwise. If there is stuff going on under the hood, it is not clear what that might be.

From this, things were pretty simple: I opened Playlist Creator, set it to use "/" rather thebn "\" (Linux...) and relative directory locations. I told it to store the playlists in the Playlists directory (not the directory with the music itself). I then created my playlists (a matter of some mouse movement and drag-&-drop and so on, mostly).

All the lists created and properly located were found and worked except for Zauberflöte.M3U. Not sure why; the files are easily found, It's not the ö; I tried creating an alternative file with the name "MagiFlute" -- that didn't work. But that is not a great deal. All the other stuff is nicely organized.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12