Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I'm hearing that a mobile browser with the user agent of a desktop and has Flash can stream Amazon VOD. Can anyone confirm if this works for them?

Also, if you haven't heard, Amazon Prime now includes free Instant Videos (like Netflix) Amazon.com Instant Video: Watch Movies and TV Shows Instantly
    I've used this service briefly before....it's not great. Their selection of TV is HEAAAAAVY on BBC shows (not that that's a bad thing, per se), and very much lacking in contemporary American TV. The movies are kinda ok, too.

If HP could have this in addition to the "HP Movie Store" - whatever that is - it might be an attractive offering. But on its own, the reduced video quality (compared to Netflix streaming) and comparatively tiny selection screams "Second Class".
    My guess Amazon is doing slow rollout. They might have done a study that shows when people enroll for Prime, they buy more goods.
    As the movie offerings grow and presumably also costs grow to buy movie content albeit at a slower rate, they either get creative with pricing or split the services.

Nearterm, people sign up for Prime as it looks like the movies come along for free.

Seems smart to me.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    As someone who's had netflix nearly since they started the business, their streaming selection started out pretty weak and.. actually, it's still weak. They barely have any newer movies on stream. Don't look on the dvd side if you don't want to know what you're missing. Hopefully competition will improve these subscription streaming services.