Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    One more thing, a few people here muttered some stuff about Caller-ID issues being fixed. This has been a major issue for me with my Pre 2 since getting it. I send a text message out, and it comes back with the (+614 xx xxx xxx) number. The phone isn't recognising this as the same person. My temp fix has been to add the international calling code number to all my contacts, however even this screws with the messaging app experience. Are other people that had this issue before, finding it fixed?
    My sister on 1.4.5 Pre Plus doesn't have this problem at all, just me and webOS 2.x
    I have this problem with my palm pre 2 since I updated to Webos 2.1. Any suggestions or comments welcome.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Can anyone with a Pre 2 let me know if WebOS 2.x has added more loudness steps when you adjust the volume using the volume rocker? I just hate the fact that there are only 10 stages on 1.x. And yes, I do have the drop down menu patch for adjusting the volume with more precision. As thankful as I am for the developer who made it, it's still not a very satisfactory workaround.
    Any hopes of getting the virtual keyboard enabled on 2.1?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am new here and gone through all your posts.. I have Palm pre plus from AT & T unlocked and using it in India..

What will happen if i upgrade from 1.4.5 to 2.1 ? Will my phone get locked again or will it remain unlocked ?

I never mind taking backup and absolutely have no problem deleting my palm profile.. Will be regular member here as i get sufficient experience on this front.. Thanks in advance..
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhas2k View Post
    I am new here and gone through all your posts.. I have Palm pre plus from AT & T unlocked and using it in India..

What will happen if i upgrade from 1.4.5 to 2.1 ? Will my phone get locked again or will it remain unlocked ?
    It will remain unlocked. One of the advantages we have over other iPlatforms, the phone doesn't re-lock itself on upgrades
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Wow.. Great.. thanks for the info.. No i will delve into patching/upgrading and enhancing the OS
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhas2k View Post
    Wow.. Great.. thanks for the info.. No i will delve into patching/upgrading and enhancing the OS
    Once unlocked, the Pre remains unlocked even after doctoring or OTA updates. The only time the phone will be relocked is wif the phone was sent in physically to HP for repairs.

As for upgrading your Pre+ from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0, I strongly recommend that you not do it. I strongly feel that there is more to lose than there is to gain with 2.1.0 on the Pre+. What I would recommend though, is that you install Preware and enjoy the benefits of all the goodies from the Homebrew community. Also, don't forget to overclock using Uberkernel. The Pre+ literally flies with Uberkernel running at 1Ghz.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ^Thanks a lot

The same reason why i am trying to source palm pre 2 from UK (heard UK version works with India 3G and not US version)
    Quote Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
    What's with the Messaging App now? It locks up every single time I send a text, and doesn't become responsive until the text is sent. REALLY annoying. I mean, the improvements in 2.1.0 are worth standing the lag, but it's sometimes frustrating to see this happen on 2.1.0 when it never happened in 1.4.5.
    Same damn problem! When trying to send a text, the card just locks up, flies away and comes back up when sent... This is really annoying! :'(
    did anyone elses "hp app catalog" turn back into the "palm app catalog" this morning?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567