Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Feature: the led blink notification turns off in 2.1 if you turn the screen on. In 1.4.5 you had to turn the screen on and swipe away whatever notifications were causing the led to blink. Its a subtle but very nice touch. Many times before, I could see the blinking led out of the corner of my eye and would either have to turn the phone upside down or open it and swipe away my notifications because it was so distracting while I was watching tv or playing halo or performing other various important tasks.
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Downgraded!? I found 2.0.1 had more glitches than 2.1, and while I admit I hate not having a palm boot logo, someone will make a patch for that sooner or later...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You can change that any time you want. Just Google "webos internals boot logo".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    i wonder if the VirtualKeyboard of 2.0 is still in there... if yes i hope there will be a patch soon to activate it.

EDIT:
    and i cant believe that there is still no proxy support in WebOS 2.1??? what the he** hp/palm? how hard can it be after dozens of updates to just include this? Thanks for VPN, but this is useless without proxy support...
    AGREED! I cannot believe it either! The WiFi network at my employer requires proxy. I can connect to the network after I import our certificate, but then I cannot do a darn thing on it since proxy is required for pretty much everything. There is no way webOS can be considered "Enterprise Ready" without proxy support!!!!

Come on, HP / Palm!!
    Hi ,
    Just figured out that when browser is in landscape mode, the gesture area acts as scroll bar. Thus if the finger is swiped from up to down, the page move from up to down and vice versa.

Once in landscape mode, the movement are converted as back & forward. Nice!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anujpurohit View Post
    Hi ,
    Just figured out that when browser is in landscape mode, the gesture area acts as scroll bar. Thus if the finger is swiped from up to down, the page move from up to down and vice versa.

Once in landscape mode, the movement are converted as back & forward. Nice!
    It has always been this way. I prefer to install the patch to disable this behavior. If I want to scroll, I'll move my finger over and just scroll on the screen. I don't like having to rotate back to portrait to be able to perform a back gesture.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    You can change that any time you want. Just Google "webos internals boot logo".
    lol yeah. I am aware that there already are boot logos available, but I just wasn't sure that they are compatible with 2.1, or whether they actually offer the previous palm logo if that is what people used to be changing away from...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    can you have more than 3 launcher pages with 2.1? Is there a patch or is it built in?
    2.1 gives you the ability to create as many pages as you wish
    You just tap the left menu and tap "Add Launcher Page". It'll appear, ready for you to name it
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed a difference in streaming audio with 2.1? For me, some streams that used to stream through the Music app now stream through the video app, which results in me not being able to switch between apps without the stream pausing.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    There's a patch that keeps the video player running when minimized.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2915729
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    There's a patch that keeps the video player running when minimized.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2915729
    Thanks, I've got that installed.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    I dont know if this is a new thing in 2.x or if it was included in some patch I installed and dont know it. Also, I dont know if this has been mentioned already. But I stumbled across this on accident. If you hold option and press the space bar in the messaging app, you get a box pop up with all the emoticons. I dont know if I'd use it. Its faster for me to just press the actual symbols but its something that wasnt in 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I dont know if this is a new thing in 2.x or if it was included in some patch I installed and dont know it. Also, I dont know if this has been mentioned already. But I stumbled across this on accident. If you hold option and press the space bar in the messaging app, you get a box pop up with all the emoticons. I dont know if I'd use it. Its faster for me to just press the actual symbols but its something that wasnt in 1.4.5.
    Confirmed! I too found this by mistake, and confirmed it's new in 2.x, (my GF doesn't have this in 1.4.5)
    Sorry if this is has already been covered, but the 2.0, the camera has an awesome burst-mode. I usually take pictures with the space bar, and if you hold it down, it goes into rapid-fire mode. Pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by falloutsunset View Post
    Sorry if this is has already been covered, but the 2.0, the camera has an awesome burst-mode. I usually take pictures with the space bar, and if you hold it down, it goes into rapid-fire mode. Pretty awesome.
    But it doesn't always take all the pictures
    Bug: You can't swipe to delete a contact in phone menu, but you can with the dropdown. Was it removed to save space? Sorli...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    What's with the Messaging App now? It locks up every single time I send a text, and doesn't become responsive until the text is sent. REALLY annoying. I mean, the improvements in 2.1.0 are worth standing the lag, but it's sometimes frustrating to see this happen on 2.1.0 when it never happened in 1.4.5.
    It's look pretty good.
    Everything,I to change.

microsoft office 2007
    office 2007
    I've been running 2.1.0 on a sprint palm pre for awhile now. The first week or so was a dream. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems where the phone gets slower and slower throughout the day? I've added a task to power cycle the phone once a day and this seems to help a bit. But I never had this problem on 1.4.5 (it's been so annoying lately I'm actually thinking about going back to 1.4.5.....). And the other annoyance that are building up my rage is that texting and email both seem much much slower on 2.1 then they are on 1.4.5.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast