Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I had a terrible encounter with my update.

For about 3 hours after that, phone calls weren't working. I wouldn't hear the dialtone or anything when I rang (or was called). No idea why this happened, but coincidentally, just when I was mid-posting it as a question in the forums, it began working again.

To note, I'm on a Pre 2 in Australia, and yes, I had tried restarting the phone etc. No idea what fixed the issue, but I can tell you I felt sick for 3 hours while it didn't work.

Now after this issue is behind me, I'm rather pleased with 2.1, infact since updating I've had way better coverage on my Australian Carrier (Vodafone AU, 3, Crazy Johns). Wondering if you, Johncc, may have any idea about this...did they roll out an upgraded network system coincidentally the same time I updated to webOS 2.1?

Regarding Exhibition, I'm a little disappointed about a few things. It should really have a landscape mode option when you rotate the phone on the touchstone. It would be nice to see the clock go darker, as right now, it lights up my entire room at night on my bedside table. Lastly we really need developers to start playing round with exhibition. As of this post, there are only sports score apps in the exhibition catalog. Id be happy to test one out, but none are free and I wouldn't use them if I did buy.

One more thing, a few people here muttered some stuff about Caller-ID issues being fixed. This has been a major issue for me with my Pre 2 since getting it. I send a text message out, and it comes back with the (+614 xx xxx xxx) number. The phone isn't recognising this as the same person. My temp fix has been to add the international calling code number to all my contacts, however even this screws with the messaging app experience. Are other people that had this issue before, finding it fixed?
    My sister on 1.4.5 Pre Plus doesn't have this problem at all, just me and webOS 2.x

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Like I wrote in my post, at least as far as I can see, it has been fixed for incoming calls, but SMS msgs still have problems. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilrah_il View Post
    Like I wrote in my post, at least as far as I can see, it has been fixed for incoming calls, but SMS msgs still have problems. YMMV.
    That's stupid. Why on earth would that happen? Fix half the problem?! Lol. Its not as if Palm phones overseas had this issue before. Just go back to what they had previously!

I have a question in the Palm dev forums about this, but it doesn't seem like Palm has found that topic yet :S

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Not sure if this wasn't in webOS 2.0.x, but reading email in landscape now works. Now I don't have to squint to read emails.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    Not sure if this wasn't in webOS 2.0.x, but reading email in landscape now works. Now I don't have to squint to read emails.
    You are right, in 2.0.1 landscape email was still disabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Now after this issue is behind me, I'm rather pleased with 2.1, infact since updating I've had way better coverage on my Australian Carrier (Vodafone AU, 3, Crazy Johns). Wondering if you, Johncc, may have any idea about this...did they roll out an upgraded network system coincidentally the same time I updated to webOS 2.1?
    I haven't noticed any signal improvement on 3 myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I haven't noticed any signal improvement on 3 myself.
    Hmm fair enough, but the improvement for me has been colossal.

I'm just trying to pinpoint the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Hmm fair enough, but the improvement for me has been colossal.

I'm just trying to pinpoint the reason.

There was talk of Vodaphone doing major enhancements to their network, including setting up 850MHz (Telstra frequency) transmitters. Not sure of the details, but that work could be localised. I'd give them a call.
    I never use the built-in Tasks app because it, well, it stinks. But I was looking around after the update to WebOS 2.1 and noticed that the Tasks app has two lists in it. Both say "List all tasks" and both are UNDELETABLE. This looks like an update bug of some type. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Also noticed that they have not fixed either the POP3 or the IMAP timeout problems. In POP3, emails will sometimes come up as "black blocks". Some slower IMAP accounts will not sync at all. I have access to the IMAP server and have found that the server gets premature "Client closed connection" error. I'm assuming this is due to a fixed (and very low) timeout value on the email client. Not fixed so this "smart" phone is still unusable.

Oh well, back to my Nexus One...
    is it me or can you no longer zoom way out in card view? I would like to see more than the two cards so i can restack but it won't let me zoom way out like i used to be able to do in 1.4.5? Can anyone confirm this.
    - Skinneejay -
    Yes. Unfortunately that's how it works with 2.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    is it me or can you no longer zoom way out in card view? I would like to see more than the two cards so i can restack but it won't let me zoom way out like i used to be able to do in 1.4.5? Can anyone confirm this.
    I'm actually glad that feature was removed, it was getting annoying. Don't worry, you'll get used to being without it.
    reverted back to 2.01 here. I felt 2.1 was little bit unpolished and really hate to see HP logo on my palm device.

Before upgrade to 2.1 I would remove patches first. Muffle system logging messed up after the upgrade and stuck. (one of the reason I doctor my phone.)

- Arnold
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldmoon View Post
    reverted back to 2.01 here. I felt 2.1 was little bit unpolished and really hate to see HP logo on my palm device.

Before upgrade to 2.1 I would remove patches first. Muffle system logging messed up after the upgrade and stuck. (one of the reason I doctor my phone.)

- Arnold
    Downgraded!? I found 2.0.1 had more glitches than 2.1, and while I admit I hate not having a palm boot logo, someone will make a patch for that sooner or later...

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Not sure if this was in 2.0.1 or not, but in 2.1.0 Google Contacts now syncs the extra fields like birthday and spouse and children.
    Is 2.0.1 for the Pre only or pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by TiffPixi View Post
    Is 2.0.1 for the Pre only or pixi?
    There are official doctors for the pre+, those can be installed through a new compiled doctor (meta-doctor) on a orginal pre, because the systems are beside 256mb more ram on the pre+ identical hardware wise. The pixi on the other hand uses quite different hardware, so this install method cant be used on pixi devices. Unless HP rolls out an official update for the pixi this wont be possible, and they allready said that this wont happen
    I dunno if this has been said already, but on my Sprint Pre- w/ 2.1 meta, when I get picture mail the banner notification says "New picture" instead of new message. This would help differentiate from getting, say a .vcf file via MMS.
    Screendump (Orange/Grey+SYM+P) is now accompanied by a shutter sound as feedback. And I don't think that the filename was prefixed by the application name before was it?
    Feature: Alarm clock: The power button now snoozes the alarm clock! No more need for the patch that puts space in between the snooze and dismiss buttons. Also, it tells how many minutes are left on your current snooze session.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast