Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 130
  1. #41  
    I'd like to comment on a few more things I've noticed with 2.1.0.

    Text inside apps, like the browser, looks much, much clearer than it did on 1.4.5. I am able to scroll a long page with 100% success. Scrolling is smoother. Also in 1.4.5 the text sometimes looked blocky, lines would be cut, hard to explain. This is all fixed now. I can read everything a lot easier than before.

    Also it's nice to be able to adjust auto correct. I'm lovin' this.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by bureX View Post
    Works just fine here. Try opening the phone app, and go to "Preferences & Accounts" and see if the new card that pops up is stacked.
    Yes it stacks, thanks. How does one create a stack on their own? I see when I take the phone account card off the dialer one, I can't seem to reassociate them in a stack.
    Also I see the various choices of spelling in email for autocorrect --ie I speller whetter and got whether and when i went back to it, it gave me 4 other choices for words--but how do I correct it to add a choice to the dictionary?
    Last edited by bluenote; 02/24/2011 at 06:19 AM.
  3. #43  
    i wonder if the VirtualKeyboard of 2.0 is still in there... if yes i hope there will be a patch soon to activate it.

    EDIT:
    and i cant believe that there is still no proxy support in WebOS 2.1??? what the he** hp/palm? how hard can it be after dozens of updates to just include this? Thanks for VPN, but this is useless without proxy support...
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 02/24/2011 at 07:44 AM.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    How does one create a stack on their own? I see when I take the phone account card off the dialer one, I can't seem to reassociate them in a stack.
    Press and hold on a open card, then move it on top of any other card. It should stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Also I see the various choices of spelling in email for autocorrect --ie I speller whetter and got whether and when i went back to it, it gave me 4 other choices for words--but how do I correct it to add a choice to the dictionary?
    Try typing "wat" inside your e-mail, then tap the word when it becomes underlined. If no other dictionary word suits your needs, scroll to the right and you'll see "+Wat" - tap that and it will be added to the dictionary.
  5. #45  
    voice dialling is present in webosdoctor 2.1 for german O2. For all with german O2 Pre- devices, when creating metadoctor file you have to left check carrier option enabled, even if you are using your phone on some other network.
    so, disable only device model check, and set device as pre+. you don't have to disable first use app because you can enter gprs parameters manually when first use app stats
  6. #46  
    Pros:
    + Sports Live! (if you have it) is quite slick in exhibition mode. The Live! series of tickers is the only exhibition apps that it showed when I looked for more in the catalog.
    + I no longer have to toggle into airplane mode because of my data connection bug with AT&T. I have yet to need to toggle it once. I used to blame it on my hip holster, but amazed that it's no longer a problem.
    + Animations are very much more slick
    + STACKS!!!!
    + User editable Text Assist

    Cons:
    - Very clunky and slow when first starting after a reboot
    - No built in Flash
    - No built in Virtual Keyboard that I am aware of
    - Browser no longer will use Wiki and Google search options in the address bar, have to choose one or the other.
    - Sometimes the Youtube Download patch runs very slow, might be my network though.

    I used Jason's post meta-doctor method to gain Flash, but miss the virtual keyboard.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
  7. robnhl's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    Pros:
    <snip>
    Cons:
    - No built in Virtual Keyboard that I am aware of
    <snip>
    I used Jason's post meta-doctor method to gain Flash, but miss the virtual keyboard.
    If you were able to install flash, you should have no problem enabling the virtual keyboard. Novaterm to your device. Edit the /etc/palm/luna.conf file (I'd make a backup first) and add a section like this:

    [VirtualKeyboard]
    VirtualKeyboardEnabled=true

    Reboot the phone and then a long swipe up will enable the keyboard. It works pretty well.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    If you were able to install flash, you should have no problem enabling the virtual keyboard. Novaterm to your device. Edit the /etc/palm/luna.conf file (I'd make a backup first) and add a section like this:

    [VirtualKeyboard]
    VirtualKeyboardEnabled=true

    Reboot the phone and then a long swipe up will enable the keyboard. It works pretty well.
    Be warned tho, don't use it in landscape mode, and don't rotate your device while using it or you'll get a Luna crash
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  9. #49  
    The launcher has a slight blur when scrolling, enough to make the black on the Linux penguin on the predate logo get "horns"

    Flash is very laggy on a stock kernel pre plus

    Sometimes the cards have trouble resizing

    The touchscreen sometimes does seem faster And the browser definitely scrolls better, with less "checked area" showing.

    App store works fine, I think it looks and feels better.
    Just type works fine,

    Luna crashes occasionally when loading a large amount of apps such as presses in a short time

    Oh, and the browser follows your text when you type though not as well as iOS.

    Still no search in page function

    A lack of hp synergy messaging "plugins" annoys me, as does a minimal number of touchstone apps. Where's Facebook in all of this? And I want widgets on my touchstone, not "apps" -.-

    A question I really want to ask is whether we will be getting OTA bug fixes, as one of the POSSIBLE problems that the reason the legacy devices weren't getting OTA updates to 2.x was a complete overhaul of the OTA service.
    Has it changed in 2.1?

    O2 UK pre plus using the german/ROW 2.1 update, stock kernel.
  10. mrtonk's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #50  
    After two days of using my TS and seeing the clock as nearly identical to that with 1.4.5, the TS clock popped up with a beautiful background picture...a bit fuzzy, but it looked like green grass under a blue sky through a fuzzy lens. Now it won't come back. Has anyone else seen this?

    EDIT: I am on a Verizon Pre Plus running 2.1.
    Last edited by mrtonk; 03/04/2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Clarity
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    After two days of using my TS and seeing the clock as nearly identical to that with 1.4.5, the TS clock popped up with a beautiful background picture...a bit fuzzy, but it looked like green grass under a blue sky through a fuzzy lens. Now it won't come back. Has anyone else seen this?

    EDIT: I am on a Verizon Pre Plus running 2.1.
    Tap on the screen and it'll change from the dark background.
  12. mrtonk's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #52  
    D'oh! Thanks.
  13. #53  
    you can turn off the screen completely in exhibition mode by tapping the lock button, however it seems that it will force the screen back on when it is fully charged - i don't know whether this is a way to stop the phone from being overcharged?
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    - i don't know whether this is a way to stop the phone from being overcharged?
    Don't worry, you phone won't be overcharged, both the battery and the phone have processes that prevent this... Unless, of course, you are messing with that
  15. #55  
    then what causes the screen to be forced back on when it reaches (about) full charge?

    (don't worry, i'm not stupid enough to actually mess around with stuff i don't know about, which is quite a lot of stuff )
  16. #56  
    i activated the keyboard but it crashes after a few words... (Luna restart or full freeze) sadly unuseable and landscape (like allready said) crashes directly after starting.
    I read that the vertical keyboard works well for other, but i cant say that, is it just me? (o2 pre- german)
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    i activated the keyboard but it crashes after a few words... (Luna restart or full freeze) sadly unuseable and landscape (like allready said) crashes directly after starting.
    I read that the vertical keyboard works well for other, but i cant say that, is it just me? (o2 pre- german)
    same condition using same device happens to me any incompatibility issue? should we install "enable virtual keyboard" patch? the patch already available for webOS 2.1.0
  18. PLinger's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #58  
    Any changes to the copy&paste in 2.1?
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    Any changes to the copy&paste in 2.1?
    Yes! Precentral had a tip o the day about it. You can double tap and drag to select text. Takes 1 or 2 tries to learn it but it's better then webOS 1.x
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  20. #60  
    Notifications cannot be rearranged.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions