1.    #1  
    Supposedly Qualcomm is putting DRM into their chipsets. Does this move from TI to Qualcomm coupled with the Netflix logo on Feb 9th mean that Netflix is a lock for our future.
    I think it's a lock anyway.
  3.    #3  
    Android is still fighting for it. I wouldn't have called it a lock if they were not going with qualcomm, but now it looks very promising.
  4.    #4  
    The real story seems to be that the tp could end up being the only major tablet with flash and netflix. I am pretty sure the major android tabs are all running tegra 2's that supposedly don't have the drm for netflix. Plus we all know apple is not going to get into bed with adobe any time soon. So that could leave the tp in the position to be the most flexible media device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    The real story seems to be that the tp could end up being the only major tablet with flash and netflix.
    Imagine that, everyone continues to criticize webOS for not having Netflix or Flash, and in the end it might turn out that only webOS has both. The coming months will certainly be interesting...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #6  
    Netflix, Amazon (prime streaming remember the API's no one else has quote and Johnny is on the board) , and flash...this is all looking very promising.
    Hopefully, Netflix coming to WebOS has nothing to do with the chipset change, as that would mean all existing device owners are shut out.

Frankly, I don't see why Netflix should hold out for DRM. I realize it would most likely be the studios holding out, but let's look at the worst-case-scenario for Netflix-on-WebOS-sans-hardware-DRM:

Basically, we're looking at the possibility of somebody creating a hack to capture the stream and store it. Anyone wanting to do so would have to already be a Netflix subscriber, and therefore has already demonstrated their willingness to pay for content. Oh, but after downloading it, they might redistribute it to others. In other words, they might take their 320x480 resolution movie that they captured from the Netflix stream and post it up on The Pirate Bay... where it would be ignored in favor of all the higher-quality versions already there. I suppose someone might subscribe, download a whole bunch of movies, then cancel their subscription and keep the movies, but someone that can manage to hack their phone to capture the streams already knows about The Pirate Bay.

Ah, but I realize I'm applying logic to Hollywood decision making. Might as well try to psychoanalyze a tornado.
  8.    #8  
    Engadget echoed your thought on their podcast, and the only thing that came to my mind is streaming to comps may not be with us for very long. Remember Hulu with out 20 comercials . Comsumer generally loses so Mr. Pitt can have 14 children.
    I think the future for touchpad looks pretty promising. If adobe stays true to its roots Flash for Xoom would arrive with Touchpad's launch

Netflix and Amazon VOD would be a great win for Touchpad.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I think the future for touchpad looks pretty promising. If adobe stays true to its roots Flash for Xoom would arrive with Touchpad's launch

Netflix and Amazon VOD would be a great win for Touchpad.
    I hope HP rocks some Movie Synergy because looking through amazon prime so far has been a little bit hard. Guess I am just spoiled by Netflix.