1.    #1  
    So i have a problem with my cousins phone. And i've trying to fix it all week.

webOS repair utility doesnt work, i've redownloaded the correct doctor and the actual utility.

And now i can get webOS doctor to work. When i plug it in, i sees that phone and acts fine up until it says charging battery. It sits on that and then after a minute or so says phone disconected.

I've tried everything from recovery mode, to restarting the computer, uninstalling the novacom drivers, everything. Yes, the phone is fully charged.

This phone will not start doctoring... Ideas? Suggestions?
    Sounds like you are letting go of the volume button before you get the big USB icon on the phone...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Sounds like you are letting go of the volume button before you get the big USB icon on the phone...
    usb icon comes up, and stays on, even after the doctor states that the phone has been disconnected.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If you cannot get the computer to recognize the phone:
    -Connect to computer
    -Press option+sym+r
    -Hold volume UP button until USB icon is displayed on phone.
    Now you're in Recovery Mode.
    -Start Doctor on computer
    If Next button remains greyed out, click the Start menu.
    Type 'services.msc' and press Enter.
    Locate the 'PalmNovacom' service, rightclick it and restart it.
    The Next button should become available now.
    did this to the T and even after restarting the palmnovacom service it still remains greyed out. The only way i can get it to be not grey is if i unplug it then plug it back in. then it allows me to push the button. once i push it it says waiting for the battery to charge and after a minute or so it says phone disconnected and the phone stays on the usb icon screen.
  5.    #5  
    Strange, nevermind.

I brought it over t another computer, did the exact same thing and it worked. Must have been something screwy with the novacom driver on my main compy.

thanks for your help guys.