Global Posts
    2,224 Global Posts
    My sister just got a VZW Pixi+ so she could use the MHS with her desktop PC. The desktop is old enough that it doesn't have wireless built in.

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive usb network adapter?

We want to go as simple and inexpensive as possible to make her PC wireless so she can connect it to her mobile hotspot on the Pixi+.

I've been checking ebay and there are thousands to choose from. Anybody doing this now and have a recommendation on the usb adapter they use?

Thanks.
    head to amazon.com or newegg.com and buy the cheapest one they have.
    Indeed there are many, many cheap ones to choose from. If it were me, I'd simply look for the most inexpensive one with decent reviews and a decent reputation for warranty service.

Just did the work myself out of curiosity... This is the one I would choose:

Newegg.com - TP-LINK TL-WN321G IEEE 802.11b/g USB 2.0 54M Wireless Adapter Up to 54Mbps Wireless Data Rates WPA; 64/128-bit WEP; TKIP/AES

I've experience with that brand, the device gets decent reviews, and the manufacturer has actually responded directly to anyone that had a problem and posted a negative review. Seems like a winner to me.

EDIT: Just noticed does not support WPA2. If that is an issue, this one is slightly more, but supports WPA2, wireless N, and even has an external antenna:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833704045
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    If she can get Preware on her phone and install FreeTether, it has the option for USB tether. I have never used the USB option, but its supposed to work well. If thats not possible, I have purchased a USB adapter before through ebay. It was a tiny little thing form hong kong I think, and it was only a few bucks at the most. Works well.