1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I was pleasantly surprised by the announcement of the pre 3. It could very well be that this will be my first webs devise as I love how it's work flow allows one to add a note quickly or to do a search in a instant.

But what I am wondering about is the following, will the 'just type' feature allow me to also find locally stored images or small notes saved as HTML files? This really is important for me as I use my current phone(Nokia E71) a lot as a quick reference tool by storing notes and info graphics on it.
    The answer to your question is yes. You will be able to find songs on your phone, a phrase from an email, whatever you can think of! We are all excited for the Pre 3, it is going to be an amazing device!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    The answer to your question is yes. You will be able to find songs on your phone, a phrase from an email, whatever you can think of! We are all excited for the Pre 3, it is going to be an amazing device!
    I would probably hold off answering with such a definitive answer until it's actually released. I can see it working with the file names of graphic files, but not locally stored html.

Perhaps someone with a WebOS powered Pre 2 can test for this guy.
    I just made a quick pass on my Pre2 to look for a file that was attached to an email. I wasn't able to find it using "just type" even though the attachment is still in te email, and I downloaded/opened it with another app. I wouldn't have expected it to because the underlying file system isn't exposed. That's something I'd be doing with Internalz because thats the only way I know of to access the underlying file structure and it's an amazing app.

I hope that answers the question for now. It's possible that it will be different in whatever updated webOS version arrives with the Pre3. But I searched for pdf and photo files I know to be on the phone, and they didn't show up on the search.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks a lot for giving this a try! So only after instaling internalz you get acces to the file system, so I presume that the search feature will not go that far until HP is actually going to give people acces to the filesystem by default?

In the mean time, I guess I will have to hope that an app like evernote will support an offline mode and will become intergrated in 'just type' than.
    For the record, on my Pre 2, it doesn't search all files with Just Type.

Quote Originally Posted by Zomer View Post
    Thanks a lot for giving this a try! So only after instaling internalz you get acces to the file system, so I presume that the search feature will not go that far until HP is actually going to give people acces to the filesystem by default?

In the mean time, I guess I will have to hope that an app like evernote will support an offline mode and will become integrated in 'just type' than.
    Internalz provides full file system management. Just looking at my Pre2, I can say I'd love to have Internalz as an option in "Launch & Search" in Just Type.

Regardless, search is definitely a planned feature in Internalz
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yea, HP has released the APIs for just type or at least is going to. so webos internalz will probaly add to the just type option once they get more familliar with it. seems like a vry usefull too !!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    yea, HP has released the APIs for just type or at least is going to. so webos internalz will probaly add to the just type option once they get more familliar with it. seems like a vry usefull too !!
    keep in mind Internalz is an an solely created by myself.

Edit: just realized ya meant webos-internals
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    When will Internalz be available for webOS 2.01?
    will just type search calendar entries?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    For the record, on my Pre 2, it doesn't search all files with Just Type.

Internalz provides full file system management. Just looking at my Pre2, I can say I'd love to have Internalz as an option in "Launch & Search" in Just Type.

Regardless, search is definitely a planned feature in Internalz
    I realize this is an extremely late replay, and I don't intend on bumping my post back, but I just want to express how extremely cool it is that you plan on intergrading internalz in Just Type! Good luck!