1.    #1  
    On Android you can wipe battery stats. I have read many articles on phone batteries but never one answer. But I do not have a question about it. When I buy a new phone, on Android. I charge my phone all the way up, wipe the battery stats, then charge it all the way again. Is there any way to wipe battery stats on my Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by rllong1 View Post
    On Android you can wipe battery stats. I have read many articles on phone batteries but never one answer. But I do not have a question about it. When I buy a new phone, on Android. I charge my phone all the way up, wipe the battery stats, then charge it all the way again. Is there any way to wipe battery stats on my Pixi?
    Wipe stats accomplishes what specifically?

If you mean you want to update/verify the estimate of battery health and the amount of charge capacity degradation your battery may have, then yes but not in the way Android does it. Essentially you have to use Dr. Battery and run a Battery Calibration to determine the current real capacity of the battery. This will often be lower than the claimed capacity/health. Calibration eliminates the phantom drop that some batteries have when the reach some number like 20% and then drop like a stone to 1% - which happens because the capacity/health estimate is incorrect and the battery started at 100% with less mAh than the gauge was told. By correcting this the gauge gets more accurate - but no additional battery life is obtained.

The chemistry of these batteries essentially limits the number of charge cycles to around 500 - which means that over time they will degrade no matter how you treat them. Excessive heat will kill them quicker but overall they are pretty predictable.
    Nice summary Unclevanya.

EDIT: Maybe android has some battery stats like "last full charge" or "estimated remaining runtime" and so on.
    I don't know but webOS doesn't have that.

EDIT2: Maybe that eVo girl here can bring some light in ;-)
    Last edited by somline; 02/19/2011 at 03:17 AM.
    Maybe the number of cycles on the battery?