1.    #1  
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/18/l...luetooth-toge/

Latest Android Gingerbread release brings NFC and Bluetooth together for tappable sharing
    Sending a webpage from an HP Pre 3 to a Touchpad is as easy as tapping them together, a technique we've not previously seen -- but something that's now possible in the latest flavor of Gingerbread: Android 2.3.3. This adds some expanded functionality for working with the NFC chip found in the Nexus S (and, presumably, others soon) enabling, among other things, NFC to work with Bluetooth. As demonstrated a few weeks ago, the NFC chip can be used to send networking and establish a connection when the two phones touch, so no more manual pairing required, just sweet tapping and sharing.
    So much for tap to share on webOS.
    Last edited by darkzone; 02/18/2011 at 02:54 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Latest Android Gingerbread release brings NFC and Bluetooth together for tappable sharing
    Sending a webpage from an HP Pre 3 to a Touchpad is as easy as tapping them together, a technique we've not previously seen -- but something that's now possible in the latest flavor of Gingerbread: Android 2.3.3. This adds some expanded functionality for working with the NFC chip found in the Nexus S (and, presumably, others soon) enabling, among other things, NFC to work with Bluetooth. As demonstrated a few weeks ago, the NFC chip can be used to send networking and establish a connection when the two phones touch, so no more manual pairing required, just sweet tapping and sharing.
    So much for tap to share on webOS.
    So much for being ahead of the curve! Mr. Leo Apotheker coudn't be more right when he said they are slow to market with innovation.... now someone has stolen their thunder AGAIN! You missed the bus!!! I want to smash something! Okay, i'm better now...
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    So much for being ahead of the curve! Mr. Leo Apotheker coudn't be more right when he said they are slow to market with innovation.... now someone has stolen their thunder AGAIN! You missed the bus!!! I want to smash something! Okay, i'm better now...
    Android and iOS have both had it, with the Bump app, for quite some time.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Just watch Apple bite and beat HP to the cross platform integration. They've got the talen, total control of all their OSes, and ability to deliver in a timely fashion.