Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    I am intrigued by ePrint, but have two samsung printers currently. While I'm not 100% enthused about them, they work well enough that I'd rather not replace them before I have to.

These are both bottom tier laser printers, a CLP-300 and an SCX-4100. Neither are network printers.

However, I picked up a broken HPLJ1100 some time ago, it had a mini external printserver attached to it, a JetDirect 300X External Print Server. This was meant to stracp to the back of the 1100, it has an RJ45 ethernet port and a USB port. It also requires an external power supply.

I found I could hook up my samsung printer (via USB) to it and it worked fine, even giving me a nice little configuration web page. I could then use various HP tools to administer it like web jetadmin.

What I'm hoping is that going this route will allow me to use the webos ePrint to access this printer... there are PCL drivers for it so I don't see any reason why this should not work....
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    I am intrigued by ePrint, but have two samsung printers currently. While I'm not 100% enthused about them, they work well enough that I'd rather not replace them before I have to.

These are both bottom tier laser printers, a CLP-300 and an SCX-4100. Neither are network printers.

However, I picked up a broken HPLJ1100 some time ago, it had a mini external printserver attached to it, a JetDirect 300X External Print Server. This was meant to stracp to the back of the 1100, it has an RJ45 ethernet port and a USB port. It also requires an external power supply.

I found I could hook up my samsung printer (via USB) to it and it worked fine, even giving me a nice little configuration web page. I could then use various HP tools to administer it like web jetadmin.

What I'm hoping is that going this route will allow me to use the webos ePrint to access this printer... there are PCL drivers for it so I don't see any reason why this should not work....
    If it supports PCL and its connected to the internet then "Theoretically" it should be possible I believe.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

I have a Canon Pixma MP780 at home. It is a really nice multifunction printer with a really nice picture quality. However, it is a USB only printer and it is quite big. So, I'm selling it on craigslist and later down the road will probably be buying a wireless/network printer. I really like the Canon printers for photos, but if I have to get an HP printer in order to get ePrint then yeah I'll go with it.
    Last edited by TreoRock; 02/18/2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I have a Cannon Pixma MP780 at home. It is a really nice multifunction printer with a really nice picture quality. However, it is a USB only printer and it is quite big. So, I'm selling it on craigslist and later down the road will probably be buying a wireless/network printer. I really like the Canon printers for photos, but if I have to get an HP printer in order to get ePrint then yeah I'll go with it.
    We just got an HP wireless one for at our house and in my moms class room. Runs real nice I gotta admit, we have had a deskjet from HP for years that just went out on us >.<
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.