Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Is it possible to pull the pdf viewer from an earlier version of webOS and install it as an individual app? Was just reading through the thread on doing a similar thing for classic.
    Of course, uncompress the older Doctor, uncompress webos.tar, uncompress nova-idontknowthename.tar.gz, and look into /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer , copy the files over to your Pre and presto!

Of course, it's a bit difficult, but it's completely doable
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 02/18/2011 at 11:21 AM.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Of course, uncompress the older Doctor, uncompress webos.tar, uncompress nova-idontknowthename.tar.gz, and look into /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer , copy the files over to your Pre and presto!

Of course, it's a bit difficult, but it's completely doable
    Copy the files to where though? Overwrite the existing pdf viewer files? I have everything unpacked and ready. Can they packaged into an .ipk easily for install?
    You would overwrite the existing files on your Pre. I think there's a way to create the ipk file but I don't use it
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Is there a way to transfer the files all at once?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I've replaced every file with files from webOS 1.2 and it still doesn't work
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    using the .ipk packager I made an .ipk from the 1.2 doctor pdfviewer folder....still doesn't work. Was pdf viewer broken back then and fixed later, then broken again?
    I have a Pre- and my PDF works fine on 1.4.5
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    It's a known issue and it's widespread. Mine will open some files and not others. Worked perfect before 1.4.5
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I've now tried versions from Sprint 1.2, Sprint 2.0, and Verizon 2.0.1. All have the same problem opening certain pdfs. I replaced individual files and when that didn't work I removed and replaced the entire directory. Nothing changes. I don't have any other dr versions to pull from so I guess it will have to wait till HP fixes it. Lumberjack says setFocus: Incorrect arguments, document-assistant.jsjsjs:$673$. $No$ $idea$ $what$ $the$ $673$ $is$
    it means line 673
    So, I've been trying to figure out how to recover my PDF Viewer and every post or thread I find does not give me a solution. I even tried to purchase an app or software. If anyone has any REAL advice or suggestions, PLEASE help.