1.    #1  
    Never mind the fact that WebOS runs on top of Linux, all that really means is that they are in the same species. iOS, WebOS, Android are what Russians, Chinese, and Americans are to each other. Microsoft is the evil alien trying to take over the planet for the purposes of this post if you must ask.

After reading this:
    Linux News: Community: Is the Shade Coming Down on the Windows Era?

It felt like a cute little Linux girl just kissed WebOS on the cheek out of nowhere and whispered, "I think you're cute " before skipping off.

If the Linux community likes where WebOS is going and see's it as a way to finally get on that dang desktop they've been predicting forever. Maybe we can have a mutually beneficial relationship?

Oh and if you are going to post one of those "Meh" posts, wait 30 seconds and find something more intelligent to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Never mind the fact that WebOS runs on top of Linux, all that really means is that they are in the same species. iOS, WebOS, Android are what Russians, Chinese, and Americans are to each other. Microsoft is the evil alien trying to take over the planet for the purposes of this post if you must ask.

After reading this:
    Linux News: Community: Is the Shade Coming Down on the Windows Era?

It felt like a cute little Linux girl just kissed WebOS on the cheek out of nowhere and whispered, "I think you're cute " before skipping off.

If the Linux community likes where WebOS is going and see's it as a way to finally get on that dang desktop they've been predicting forever. Maybe we can have a mutually beneficial relationship?

Oh and if you are going to post one of those "Meh" posts, wait 30 seconds and find something more intelligent to say.
    I already use Linux and windows?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Meh.

While I do believe that MS is post-peak by now and windows is waning already - I think many people misunderstand what webos on PC is likely to mean in the foreseeable future.

I don't believe for a second that HP will soon (or in the coming months if you will ;-) ) start selling PCs with webos instead of windows.

What I consider the most likely strategy is that HP will pre-install a webos environment on windows PCs.

That will allow you to buy and download apps from the app catalog and use them on windows. But they will run within regular windows frames. It won't change the whole UI into a touch-based card interface.

Looked at from a webos app (PDK apps are a special case - either won't run or need a cross-compiled version - or emulator - for windows) webos is just a bunch of javascript APIs running on a webkit browser engine. Take a webkit (the core browser engine used in Chrome and Safari - and webos) base, add the enyo environment and you have basically what you need to run a webos app.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5