1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    How do I get my contacts list off my Pre? Not everything has copied to GMail as I think it's supposed to.

I will be leaving Sprint shortly so before I shut it all off I would like to have all my contacts backed up.
    I noticed when I switched phones that my Pre had never imported all my gmail contacts. When I logged in on my Evo, I got several that were never in my Pre, a few I didn't want and had to clean out.

I'd suggest doing a search on here for how to export them as a csv file, which you can then import to gmail.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok apparently that's not goin to be easy. I don't use a PC, and getting into rooting this is not goin to work for me.
    When I go into Contacts and touch the options spot in the upper left-hand corner, the menu I get includes "save all via email". It's possible that was functionality I downloaded from Preware, I'm not sure. It might come standard.

Anyhow, do you have a Mac? It's pretty easy to load Preware. You just need to put it into developer mode and download a little stuff. You could even borrow a friends PC or Mac for an hour or two to do that. Once you've loaded Preware it can load all the other homebrew stuff as easily as you can get anything from the App catalog. Perhaps more easily, as it seems better organized.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Ok apparently that's not goin to be easy. I don't use a PC, and getting into rooting this is not goin to work for me.
    Not necessary to root to use Preware.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    When I go into Contacts and touch the options spot in the upper left-hand corner, the menu I get includes "save all via email". It's possible that was functionality I downloaded from Preware, I'm not sure. It might come standard.

Anyhow, do you have a Mac? It's pretty easy to load Preware. You just need to put it into developer mode and download a little stuff. You could even borrow a friends PC or Mac for an hour or two to do that. Once you've loaded Preware it can load all the other homebrew stuff as easily as you can get anything from the App catalog. Perhaps more easily, as it seems better organized.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Not necessary to root to use Preware.

Sent from my eVo
    Oh I have Preware. Though I haven't used it in months... Ill see if it loads.

Ill look through the options to see if I can get that email vcard thing. That would rock.

Thanks!

Ok...it worked to add the email option. Ill see if it works later when I get it finished.