Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 112 of 112
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Yes, i know what HP said about the legacy Pres (and i agree with you; it shouldn't have been said), but in all actuality, it was Palm that did virtually all of the promise-breaking and heartbreaking from January of '09 through last summer, wouldn't you agree?
    (Okay, you could throw Adobe in there too.)

    In reality, HP has nothing to do with webOS as we know it to be right now. They are also not attached to your Pres or Pixis. They took-over a company that was.
    We paid our hard-earned dollars to who, HP? No- to PALM.

    HP owes you nothing because (except for a sound-byte probably taken out of context) they did not lead you on month-to-month like Palm did. They really didn't say much at all, did they?

    Palm consistently told you throughout webOS' existence, that both core functionality and PIM were being worked on... but did we ever see the fruits of that so-called labor? That's a matter of opinion, but i think the answer is fairly obvious.
    Just because a company is bought out, doesn't mean their debts magically disappear. If my mom dies and has a bunch of credit card debt, I now have to pay it. If HP bought Palm and they were in debt, HP would now have to pay that debt. This is how the real world works. Debts don't go away until they're paid.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Just because a company is bought out, doesn't mean their debts magically disappear. If my mom dies and has a bunch of credit card debt, I now have to pay it. If HP bought Palm and they were in debt, HP would now have to pay that debt. This is how the real world works. Debts don't go away until they're paid.
    Irrelevant and non-sensical analogy, imo.

    You want to talk 'real-world'?

    Answer this:

    Which do you think a major multi-billion dollar corporation cares about more-

    Your feelings?
    or
    Any and everybody else's wallet?
  3. #103  
    your wallet is what they want dbd !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Just because a company is bought out, doesn't mean their debts magically disappear. If my mom dies and has a bunch of credit card debt, I now have to pay it. If HP bought Palm and they were in debt, HP would now have to pay that debt. This is how the real world works. Debts don't go away until they're paid.
    Parental debt is transferred to children in CA? I don't think so, but if that's the case, ya'll are really messed up.

    Now, paying the debts out of her estate before you get your hands on what's left over, that's a totally different topic.

    But of course, it really has nothing to with what's going on in this discussion. HP's promise isn't a debt.
  5. #105  
    It has an over sized screen and a slim profile!
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Parental debt is transferred to children in CA? I don't think so, but if that's the case, ya'll are really messed up.

    Now, paying the debts out of her estate before you get your hands on what's left over, that's a totally different topic.

    But of course, it really has nothing to with what's going on in this discussion. HP's promise isn't a debt.
    No, doesn't work that way anywhere in the U.S.


    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    How did this thread go so far off topic????
    This is not OT.
    We were just discussing the different locations for HP to fly us all in and throw us a party.
    That's the least they could do.

    I'm seriously offended HP hasn't launched a website yet for this purpose. They should ask P|C to freeze the registered user records and invite everyone.

    Shane and me already decided it should be in Pensacola, because of the beaches and the central location (on a global scale, dependent on Pre user density - not too many users in Asia so west coast does not make sense).

    Dim sum, BBQ, and sushi right?
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    This is not OT.
    We were just discussing the different locations for HP to fly us all in and throw us a party.
    That's the least they could do.

    I'm seriously offended HP hasn't launched a website yet for this purpose. They should ask P|C to freeze the registered user records and invite everyone.

    Shane and me already decided it should be in Pensacola, because of the beaches and the central location (on a global scale, dependent on Pre user density - not too many users in Asia so west coast does not make sense).

    Dim sum, BBQ, and sushi right?
    Don't forget the good booze!

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    Why does anybody seriously expect a mega-monster with billions and billions of dollars to give two doggy-poos about a few thousand customers?
    Apple did. They ended up giving iPhone early adopters a substantial merchandise credit when they dropped the price of the same model down months after release.

    Hate Apple all you want but they are vastly superior at marketing and PRPRPR $than$ $Palm$ $and$ $HP$ $are$ $now$ $and$ $will$ $ever$ $be$. $They$ $understood$ $the$ $need$ $to$ $quell$ $dissidents$ $and$ $criticism$ $at$ $such$ $an$ $early$ $stage$ $of$ $a$ $product$ $launch$.

    The minority, which I doubt is actually a minority of Pre/Pixi owners, will be a very loud negative and angry voice in forthcoming reviews and posted opinions about the Pre 2 and Veer. It is going to have a very direct impact of consumer opinion of the devices and kill some potential sales. A good portion of the WebOS advocates that existed were made into enemies of HP when they did not deliver what they, or Palm, promised them.

    Whatever HP though it was saving in R/D by not cranking out a WebOS 2 for legacy phones is going to be overshadowed by the lack of sales all the negative press that these consumers are going to splatter across the internet.
    Last edited by Majesky; 02/18/2011 at 02:41 AM.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesky View Post
    Whatever HP though it was saving in R/D by not cranking out a WebOS 2 for legacy phones is going to be overshadowed by the lack of sales all the negative press that these consumers are going to splatter across the internet.
    Keep dreaming.

    We are but only mosquitoes in this game.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/18/2011 at 04:26 AM.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesky View Post
    Apple did. They ended up giving iPhone early adopters a substantial merchandise credit when they dropped the price of the same model down months after release.

    Hate Apple all you want but they are vastly superior at marketing and PRPRPR $than$ $Palm$ $and$ $HP$ $are$ $now$ $and$ $will$ $ever$ $be$. $They$ $understood$ $the$ $need$ $to$ $quell$ $dissidents$ $and$ $criticism$ $at$ $such$ $an$ $early$ $stage$ $of$ $a$ $product$ $launch$.

    The minority, which I doubt is actually a minority of Pre/Pixi owners, will be a very loud negative and angry voice in forthcoming reviews and posted opinions about the Pre 2 and Veer. It is going to have a very direct impact of consumer opinion of the devices and kill some potential sales. A good portion of the WebOS advocates that existed were made into enemies of HP when they did not deliver what they, or Palm, promised them.

    Whatever HP though it was saving in R/D by not cranking out a WebOS 2 for legacy phones is going to be overshadowed by the lack of sales all the negative press that these consumers are going to splatter across the internet.
    dude you should do some research before stating that apple has twice the marketing than HP . since HP probably does twice the business and has 88,000 store and is in tens of thousnds of other stores . and you think apple has better marketing stratagies ! Or whatever . When it comes to selling 1 single phone maybe but overall apple can't even compete with HP dude !! For real ltm ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesky View Post
    Apple did. They ended up giving iPhone early adopters a substantial merchandise credit when they dropped the price of the same model down months after release.

    Hate Apple all you want but they are vastly superior at marketing and PRPRPR $than$ $Palm$ $and$ $HP$ $are$ $now$ $and$ $will$ $ever$ $be$. $They$ $understood$ $the$ $need$ $to$ $quell$ $dissidents$ $and$ $criticism$ $at$ $such$ $an$ $early$ $stage$ $of$ $a$ $product$ $launch$.

    The minority, which I doubt is actually a minority of Pre/Pixi owners, will be a very loud negative and angry voice in forthcoming reviews and posted opinions about the Pre 2 and Veer. It is going to have a very direct impact of consumer opinion of the devices and kill some potential sales. A good portion of the WebOS advocates that existed were made into enemies of HP when they did not deliver what they, or Palm, promised them.

    Whatever HP though it was saving in R/D by not cranking out a WebOS 2 for legacy phones is going to be overshadowed by the lack of sales all the negative press that these consumers are going to splatter across the internet.
    I'm not sure where you've gotten your information, but the "never will be" part of your assessment tells me volumes about the reliability of your information.

    If HP offers something similar to what Apple did, I'm likely to walk away from them. I would be more offended by that, than I would be if they just said "Sorry, we couldn't do it".

    A discount on other merchandise, unless it's below the cost of that merchandise, is just another way to get your money.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions