Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    lol lol, Shane, if i didn't know you better, i'd say that's a racist statement.
    Hey now that's not nice ha ha . Umm the whitest beaches is our city's motto ha !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Umm the whitest beaches is our city's motto ha !
    Nope OP, your wrong. HP bought Palm in June 2010, or around that time, and released videos of a Sprint Pre with 2.0 installed. Palm AND HP promised legacy devices updates since Palm was acting under HP.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Nope OP, your wrong. HP bought Palm in June 2010, or around that time, and released videos of a Sprint Pre with 2.0 installed. Palm AND HP promised legacy devices updates since Palm was acting under HP.
    How do you know it was HP that released the videos, and even if they did, how does that constitute a 'promise'?
    it does not !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I find some people's interpretation of a promise to be fascinating.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    yeah they never actually said or promised lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    this entire thread is crazy. of course Palm told everyone that webOS 2.0 would be available for legacy devices.

Funny thing is, it looks like Sprint is about to switch from WiMax to LTE... that's gonna make Evo owners excited about paying that extra $10 knowing that instead of WiMax coverage expanding, Sprint will be spending that $ to re-create their existing coverage and Evo owners will need a different phone if they want 4G at all.

That's gotta hurt...
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    What has ANY company done for ANYONE? In case you are not aware of it, they are all in the business to make money. They produce a product in order to get people to buy. Along the way, they all make decisions based on resources, earnings potential, philosophy, etc and we all pick a product based on how well what they produce meets our needs or "image".

Saying "HP is a boring company that also makes a lot of cheap plastic consumer junk - especially the smartphones" is probably just a way to bait someone into an argument and nobody should so stupid to take the bait and argue for a company they know nothing more about than what they read about on the web.

BUT... it is also stupid to say as well. Because 1) HP also makes quality products (see the Envy laptop) and enterprise level products as well (I and millions of others use many of them and are satisfied with them - which is why they are the size of corporation they currently are) and 2) how "boring" a company is has little to do with the quality of their products or how successful they can be.

If people stick to the merits of a discussion and not resort to baiting or mindlessly defending a company, we would all learn from each other.
    +1

i would say ours are very pretty as well GFN
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    and our water is blue and emerald green ! very pretty as well !! lol

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  12.    #92  
    Let's not forget the beautiful beaches of Atlanta...

Believe it or not, the Mrs wants us to go to Florida on our next trip.
    We were kinda fed up with Asia, after years of Thailand, Vietnam,. Malaysia and Indonesia.

Pensacola it is then. Thanks!
  14. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Interpreting a public statement as a promise is unreasonably optimistic. A much more reasonable interpretation would be - at best - that it is a statement of intent. At worst, that it is just baseless rhetoric.

If you reread this whole thread substituting "statement of intent" everywhere you see "promise" the whole thing takes on a new level of craziness.

Xtn
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    If you reread this whole thread substituting "statement of intent" everywhere you see "promise" the whole thing takes on a new level of craziness.
    While that is true, I would say that Palm and HP both went farther than a "statement of intent" and possibly as far as a promise. I still wouldn't say that they are legally or morally required to deliver 2.0 to legacy devices, but only honor bound to do so. At some point -- I think we passed this point days ago -- this all becomes a debate over semantics, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    They should throw us a party.
    Fly in everyone. I know a nice beach where we could organize that.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Candy canes, but the good gourmet ones, not the cheapos.

A box for everyone!

Sent from my eVo
    My beach is better ! It's so white it's blinding without sun glasses !! Woo hoo !! Just sayin .

lol lol, Shane, if i didn't know you better, i'd say that's a racist statement.
    Hey now that's not nice ha ha . Umm the whitest beaches is our city's motto ha !

No, mine is better. It's got clear blue water, cheap beer, and great food.

Pick one:
    Jimbaran Bali

Chaweng Samui

i would say ours are very pretty as well GFN

Let's not forget the beautiful beaches of Atlanta...

We were kinda fed up with Asia, after years of Thailand, Vietnam,. Malaysia and Indonesia.

How did this thread go so far off topic????
  17.    #97  
    LOOT crew got involved.
    Roflol ha ha ha ha LOOT !!

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη

Wow I wasn't rying to convince you where to go for vacation ! But ok !! Lol

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    How did this thread go so far off topic????
    What, a conversation -- on the web no less -- went off topic!? How can this be? Shared
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast