1.    #1  
    webOS is becoming by FAR the most Unique and Innovative platform. Software and Hardware. Touch to share is a break through and touchstone is a break through. I was just watching jon rubinstein's ipod introduction. this guy must be good. I understand when he says he "has not used an iphone". He is coming up stuff from an untainted experience.

Ipod's dial is one of the best UI i have used it's so simple and is what made the ipod so successful. And he was the Senior Hardware engineer or soemthing. I look foward to seeing more good work from both the Team from HP and PALM!
    Looking at the progress now u can see what palm lacked was only scale and resources. they are certaininly not lacking in ideas.
    Rubinstein is a true innovator, but "innovation" has come to mean "Apple" in the tech industry because nobody really seem to care about innovations from anyone else.

Case in point:
    webOS introduces fluid, effortless, elegant multitasking - "and who cares? I only do one thing at a time anyway."
    a year later, Apple introduces crippled multitasking in a task switcher - "woow, the iPhone is the best! It can even multitask!"

It is my hope that HP's sheer scale and mass (and therefore, momentum) can make the media talk about them. Right now, they're not - and they've been euphorically reporting live from every rumor about the iPhone years before it was actually announced. People love Apple because the Media love Apple. HP has to make the media love them, and as soon as that happens, they will have won.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Case in point:
    webOS introduces fluid, effortless, elegant multitasking - "and who cares? I only do one thing at a time anyway."
    a year later, Apple introduces crippled multitasking in a task switcher - "woow, the iPhone is the best! It can even multitask!"
    but I think fluid, effortless and elegant multitasking is not the most important for smartphone, and whole experience is not so fluid on Pre or Pixi to be frank. We, webOS fans often mix feeling what webOS can be with what webOS is in reality. From day one webOS is unbalanced product with great potential. As a smartphone OS it really lacks some basic stuff totally neglected by team that designed it, and I've give up hopes that it ever will feature those. Reality is that you can easily replace Pre not with some high end android like Evo, you can replace it with 100eur android headset and have missing features out of box, without accessing app market. So I personally think that Rubinstein is a weight which pulling webOS to the bottom.