1.    #1  
    Reading about the new layout to the App Catalog got me thinking about if HP could add a social element to the catalog.

I think that having people create a Palm Profile to use their device is a system that could be used to add some great features to webOS. It seems like it should be very easy to associate Palm Profiles to phone numbers, then your phone could go through your contact list, and for numbers that have a palm profile, it makes that profile available for you to see and interact with.

With your palm phone using friends known, it would be easy to add a sorting option to the App Catalog, where you can see apps that your friends have recently downloaded, or have been using recently, or have recently rated, etc. With all the talk across all platforms about how to make app discovery better, this seems like something I would certainly love to see.

Obviously, there would have to be user control over privacy, so you can decide if friends can find you, or see what apps your using, etc.
    The social element is a good idea. I would actually like it. The only thing that sucks for me is, right now all my friends are rocking iPhones & Android handsets . Hopefully that will change soon.
    We have that on Android and I refuse to use it.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    We have that on Android and I refuse to use it.

Sent from my eVo
    Is it? I admit, my knowledge of more specific android features is a bit limited.

Why don't you use it? Privacy concerns, or do you actually not find it useful?
    I think I'd rather have my Palm Profile, which keeps a backup of my files and settings, off-limits to frivolous uses. Especially now that HP is planning to use only one Palm Profile for your other webOS devices.

Isn't that what Facebook is for nowadays?
    I think I'd rather have my Palm Profile, which keeps a backup of my files and settings, off-limits to frivolous uses. Especially now that HP is planning to use only one Palm Profile for your other webOS devices.

Isn't that what Facebook is for nowadays?
    They could call it "HPing"

It's a social network...for apps