Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I deleted my engadget app off my phone...always talking <edited> about webos, now they're even criticizing the new hp ad n I didn't see nothing wrong with it so <edited>!!! Don't get me wrong I switch to the evo cuz palm didn't keep up with the competition but I always liked webos, now with the new touchpad which I'm getting they're back in the game IMO...

<<mod note: we understand that you are upset. please keep your posts family friendly>>
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/13/2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: language
    No need to be so offended. lol
    meh, they criticize everything... the ad was a bit odd... but yeah I was kinda annoyed too.
    the engadget app annoys me for other reasons though lol
  4.    #4  
    I guess I'm offended cuz seeing it over n over, they plant a seed in peoples head n they look the other way...webos is really a nice os
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    I deleted my engadget app off my phone...always talking **** about webos, now they're even criticizing the new hp ad n I didn't see nothing wrong with it so ***!!! Don't get me wrong I switch to the evo cuz palm didn't keep up with the competition but I always liked webos, now with the new touchpad which I'm getting they're back in the game IMO...**** engadget
    Can we say overreacting?!?
    The overall consensus in the Engadget community is that the editor was way off base with writing that article about the HP ad. Just read the comments.

Geeks are always going to find something bad to say about a product or event. I was seeing complaints about how the Galaxy 10.1 tablet didn't have a HDMI port. *** is that about?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    they're covering it, aren't they?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    It's just an opinion and the ad is a bit odd. Josh said the PRe3 is probably his next phone, that was nice.
    Since when did smartphones become so stressful? lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Since when did smartphones become so stressful? lol.
    When people started following smartphone companies like a religion.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Dieter said he didn't like it either. I think Engadget is pretty fair, it is a strange commercial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The overall consensus in the Engadget community is that the editor was way off base with writing that article about the HP ad. Just read the comments.

Geeks are always going to find something bad to say about a product or event. I was seeing complaints about how the Galaxy 10.1 tablet didn't have a HDMI port. *** is that about?
    1) While I didn't mind the ad, it wasn't even remotely close to being impressive.

2) I'm disappointed the touchpad won't have a hdmi out, usb in, and a sd card reader.Noow I'm buying a laptop instead of a tablet. Those are 3 things that would of made it so I would of strongly considered the Touchpad over a laptop. But I'm going to get a laptop for now, and come generation 2, I"m getting a touchpad.
    Last edited by nimer55; 02/13/2011 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    1) While I didn't like the app, it wasn't even remotely close to being impressive.

2) I'm disappointed the touchpad won't have a hdmi out, usb in, and a sd card reader.Noow I'm buying a laptop instead of a tablet. Those are 3 things that would of made it so I would of strongly considered the Touchpad over a laptop. But I'm going to get a laptop for now, and come generation 2, I"m getting a touchpad.
    The HP Slate 500 has 2 out 3. It has USB & reads SD cards. That's probably as close as you're going to get to a tablet that's a good laptop replacement, at least right now. Even though it's targeted to enterprise customers, if it meets your needs, maybe you can consider it. The customer reviews on HP's site aren't too bad.

HP Slate 500 Tablet PC overview - HP Small & Medium Business products
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    I deleted my engadget app off my phone...always talking **** about webos, now they're even criticizing the new hp ad n I didn't see nothing wrong with it so ***!!! Don't get me wrong I switch to the evo cuz palm didn't keep up with the competition but I always liked webos, now with the new touchpad which I'm getting they're back in the game IMO...**** engadget
    You do realize that the editor in chief, Joshua Topolsky, is a very large supporter of webOS and actually uses a Pre 2 as his primary phone, right?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/13/2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Removed trolling comment
    The HP Slate 500 has 2 out 3. It has USB & reads SD cards. That's probably as close as you're going to get to a tablet that's a good laptop replacement, at least right now. Even though it's targeted to enterprise customers, if it meets your needs, maybe you can consider it. The customer reviews on HP's site aren't too bad.

1) updated my first point, cause I typed the wrong thing,and it made no sense.

2) Hp slate is slooooow. It's running atom, which is really slow for windows 7. If I get a windows 7 computer, It i'll be something close to the envy.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts

If you want some insite on the Slate... here are some pics...

HP Slate - a set on Flickr

And a little feedback...

My Slate: Pics and Current Setup! - Tablet PC Forums, Discussion and Support

Bluetooth KB and Docked by MrKal_El, on Flickr
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Engadget actually always has great things to say about WebOS and is pretty objective on the hardware IMO.
    Agreed - they've always called a spade a spade and have given both hard reviews and Praise wherever needed.
    Did notknow Josh used a Pre2 as his main phone. I think he is testing the Atrix right now but I am hoping I am wrong. That being said I think he took offence to the add because of his musical background. He complemented the cinematography and Bullet points just trashed the voice over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    If you want some insite on the Slate... here are some pics...

HP Slate - a set on Flickr

And a little feedback...

My Slate: Pics and Current Setup! - Tablet PC Forums, Discussion and Support

Bluetooth KB and Docked by MrKal_El, on Flickr
    What is the windows score?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast