Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    I deleted my engadget app off my phone...always talking <edited> about webos, now they're even criticizing the new hp ad n I didn't see nothing wrong with it so <edited>!!!
    The man was just doing his job.

    And I doubt that engadget will feel any pain from deleting their app.
  2. #22  
    Commercial is getting torn up a bit on you tube about 8 negative right now if you want to go and vote...Second thought maybe Hp needs to fail on this one.
  3. #23  
    I too must say that I tend to find Engadget to be quite fair. They always remember that webOS does still exist and I have seen plenty of instances where they describe something as being not quite as good as on webOS.
  4. #24  
    I deleted their app only because it sucks... Browser version for me, please.
    As for their "bashing", they only bashed webOS adverts (specifically - the creepy lady ad and the newest HP ad), but they love webOS itself, as most of us do. How can a tech geek not love webOS? I am ****ed at this whole no-update fiasco, and I am ready to switch to android when I get the chance, but regardless of the phone and OS I use, webOS will always be near my heart, like that smart gifted kid that comes to school with bruises every day from his parents.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bureX View Post
    I deleted their app only because it sucks... Browser version for me, please.
    As for their "bashing", they only bashed webOS adverts (specifically - the creepy lady ad and the newest HP ad), but they love webOS itself, as most of us do. How can a tech geek not love webOS? I am ****ed at this whole no-update fiasco, and I am ready to switch to android when I get the chance, but regardless of the phone and OS I use, webOS will always be near my heart, like that smart gifted kid that comes to school with bruises every day from his parents.
    They, and most of the press ignored how slooooooow it was. I know it's very, very, very, very early software, and it will improve for sure, but when they don't like a product they mention how "the software still needs some work before releasing it", but they didn't for webos, because it's a good product, and they like it.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    They, and most of the press ignored how slooooooow it was. I know it's very, very, very, very early software, and it will improve for sure, but when they don't like a product they mention how "the software still needs some work before releasing it", but they didn't for webos, because it's a good product, and they like it.
    The difference between the Veer and Pre3 was night in day in the videos. That being said I wish they would have said something. Its almost an injustice to not. Not everyone watching the videos understands that The software is still alpha or beta. There were tons of comments on Engadget's Pre3 hands on talking about the lagyness of the device, but i guess thats where we come in.
  7. #27  
    Another comparison to webOS today.

    "Want to know how the eventual, inevitable implementation of app multitasking on Windows Phone 7 will look? Wonder no longer: it's cards, which seems to be the way a lot of guys are going after webOS showed how to do it right a couple years back"

    Windows Phone 7's multitasking uses zoomed-out cards to check on your apps -- Engadget
  8. #28  
    They are just doing their job. I don't think they hate webOS or anything like that.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  9. #29  
    Stereogum thought it was lame too. Are we going to be keeping a black list?
  10. #30  
    OP, I feel your pain.

    However, I think the grouping of all the products in the ad was very generic and not a good marketing path (even if they're going to be all intertwined somehow).

    The non-techie wouldn't know what to buy? WebOS was only mentioned in passing but w/o specific details on any one product the ad falls a bit short. This doesn't get people in the stores to buy any WebOS products because they wouldn't know which product (printer? phone? tablet? toaster?) to research or buy because no product names were given.

    It needs work to compete. It is better than the creepy-lady failed marketing ploy by Palm but I personally thought HP would get a better start in their campaign than this.

    HP just needs to keep it simple.

    Show the Pre3 (or the Veer or the Touchpad)
    Show what it can do (apps, gaming, screen resolution, speed, multitasking, facebooking)
    Show the name of the specific product
    Finish with their new slogan "Everybody On"


    Is that so difficult to do? This brings to mind the fan made commercial that had the right idea:

    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    OP, I feel your pain.

    However, I think the grouping of all the products in the ad was very generic and not a good marketing path (even if they're going to be all intertwined somehow).

    The non-techie wouldn't know what to buy? WebOS was only mentioned in passing but w/o specific details on any one product the ad falls a bit short. This doesn't get people in the stores to buy any WebOS products because they wouldn't know which product (printer? phone? tablet? toaster?) to research or buy because no product names were given.

    It needs work to compete. It is better than the creepy-lady failed marketing ploy by Palm but I personally thought HP would get a better start in their campaign than this.

    HP just needs to keep it simple.

    Show the Pre3 (or the Veer or the Touchpad)
    Show what it can do (apps, gaming, screen resolution, speed, multitasking, facebooking)
    Show the name of the specific product
    Finish with their new slogan "Everybody On"


    Is that so difficult to do? This brings to mind the fan made commercial that had the right idea:

    Surprising that only has 6 likes....
  12. #32  
    m.engadget.com is better anyways.
  13. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The man was just doing his job.

    And I doubt that engadget will feel any pain from deleting their app.
    speaking of which... Engadget has a webOS app.

    Where else has a webOS app? Not even PreCentral has one!!

    And you wanna talk about how much Engadget bags on webOS? They freaking LOVE webOS compared to everyone out there! They're helping! They've ALWAYS been supportive of webOS.

    Some people have such short memories.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    speaking of which... Engadget has a webOS app.

    Where else has a webOS app? Not even PreCentral has one!!

    Comments don't work.. They switched to the new comment system ages ago.. No love for webOS on the app front, sorry


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Comments don't work.. They switched to the new comment system ages ago.. No love for webOS on the app front, sorry


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yea, they screwed over all 10 pre users who used the app.. THOSE JERKS!!

  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    yea, they screwed over all 10 pre users who used the app.. THOSE JERKS!!

    I actually stopped using that app a while ago when I started using NewsRoom.

    I don't even use the Android Engadget app... I use Pulse. (Pulse is amazing, btw!)

    Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  17. #37  
    As bennish said, Engadget has always been supportive of webOS, especially the chief editor, Josh Topolsky. Listen in on the latest podcast and you will hear great praise for the HP event - except for one little thing, the timing of the actual product releases, but in that case they just echo the main sentiments on these boards.

    /grydholt
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by grydholt View Post
    As bennish said, Engadget has always been supportive of webOS, especially the chief editor, Josh Topolsky. Listen in on the latest podcast and you will hear great praise for the HP event - except for one little thing, the timing of the actual product releases, but in that case they just echo the main sentiments on these boards.

    /grydholt
    Yep. If you listen to the most recent podcast (where they devoted a lot of time to HP's press event and even discussed the development environment) it's apparent that Engadget really loves WebOS and, in particular, is close to smitten with the TouchPad. The podcast makes it apparent that when they posted their criticism about the ad, they were basically lamenting what they perceived as a loss of one of the few opportunities HP had for WebOS to take...Which made for an emotionally charged post rather than the typical Engadget-style report.

    As bad as that post was, Engadget seems to be the most supportive of the sites. TWiT, for example, wouldn't talk much about WebOS at all previously and basically wrote off HP's future within three minutes in their podcast this week (and hardly talked about the development tools at all).
  19. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    #39  
    TWiT, for example, wouldn't talk much about WebOS at all previously and basically wrote off HP's future within three minutes in their podcast this week (and hardly talked about the development tools at all).
    Across all of the TWIT network podcasts (I caught up on them all yesterday), they talked about WebOS quite a lot - the general consensus was that everybody likes WebOS as an OS but nobody was blown away by the hardware and nobody thought the Touchpad was an Ipad killer. Also, I noticed a few people commented they had still never seen a Pre in the wild.
  20. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Comments don't work.. They switched to the new comment system ages ago.. No love for webOS on the app front, sorry

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    wow, so there's a slight problem with it, and that means 'no webOS love'?!

    The comments hardly ever work on the Android version either. That must mean Engadget hatez android! OMG!

    Talk about rejection issues, guys.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions