1.    #1  
    Could this be HP's "Plan B"???

Nokia CEO: Co. to get billions from Microsoft
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post

No.. Plan B is using it on their printers, and touchsmarts. Also, I'm sure they'll eventually replace that custom touch UI os pc thing they created for india with a version of webos.
    Last edited by nimer55; 02/13/2011 at 05:27 PM.
  3.    #3  
    No, I mean if/when WebOS proves to be a total FAIL, will HP just take Microsofts $$, and ditch it in favor of Windows Phone 7?

The market (and developers) will not support iOS, Android variants, Blackberry OS (and variants), plus Windows phones, and now WebOS fragmentation too. Given HP/Palm's abysmal execution thus far, I think WebOS will be the first to go. This, coming from a LONG time Palm fanatic who is now merely debating whether to go iOS or Android.
    Plan "B", was there ever a plan "A"?

I still wonder about the decision to go as narrowly as possible with as few carriers as possible and as few countries as possible...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    Plan "B", was there ever a plan "A"?

I still wonder about the decision to go as narrowly as possible with as few carriers as possible and as few countries as possible...
    Those aren't HP decisions. They want it launched on every carrier in the universe on day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Those aren't HP decisions. They want it launched on every carrier in the universe on day one.
    I sincerely hope so, but it has been very quiet about new product launches here in Sweden so far.
    I think HP was/is not serious about being in the smartphone business. They already make tonnes of money in printers, PC, servers etc to be caring much about smartphones.
    Plan B maybe to sell off the palm unit to someother company; instead of trying to compete with heavyweights like ios and android.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post

no i doubt it. i think the plan b is to stop making phones altogether. Plan C is probably Android tablets. I think plan d is neither.

that said i think Plan A is focus on enterprise level cloud storage, local storage, IT solutions. I think webos is part of a plan to try and get traction in the tablet space but i think their primary goal is enterprise. Nokia's a phone company they have to be in the space. HP isn't so i don't think there is any guarantee that they'll stay in the mobile phone space.
    There is no plan B as of now I don't think. I think they are really banking on webOS.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I laugh at all the predictions that webOS will fail. I don't know if people are joking, or what. HP has made clear that they weren't looking to enter the smartphone field, but instead bought webOS because they believe cross platform installation can drive sales of their current product lines. For HP, selling smartphones is a piece of the marketing strategy for other products, more than a distinct line of business in its own right. HP has proven that they know quite a bit about marketing, and I think it is foolish for anyone here to bet against them.

Along the same lines, I think it is foolish to believe that HP is going to suffer any significant PRPRPR $fallout$ $if$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $deliver$ $either$ $2$.$0$ $or$ $a$ $nice$ $consolation$ $price$ $to$ $all$ $Pre$+/- $owners$. $When$ $Apple$ $had$ $its$ $PR$ $mess$, $you$ $saw$ $it$ $on$ $CNN$, $read$ $about$ $it$ $on$ $CNN$.$com$, $etc$. $Have$ $you$ $heard$ $any$ $CNN$ $or$ $FoxNews$ $reporters$ $talking$ $about$ $HP$ $having$ $PR$ $problems$? $I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $so$. $To$ $the$ $contrary$, $I$'$ve$ $heard$ $and$ $seen$ $a$ $number$ $of$ $positive$ $mentions$ $of$ $HP$. $Palm$ $died$. $The$ $installed$ $user$ $base$ $is$ $nothing$. $If$ $HP$ $can$ $come$ $up$ $with$ $something$ $for$ $us$ $that$ $won$'$t$ $really$ $cost$ $HP$, $they$ $will$. $And$ $if$ $people$ $here$ $are$ $still$ $screaming$, $HP$ $will$ $barely$ $notice$, $and$ $the$ $market$ $won$'$t$ $notice$.
    - Bubba
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Exactly. There is no fallout when there only 5 users getting screwed.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    HP seems to be all in on webOS...