Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Whenever I try to download the preware it says device cannot be found! ***!!! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP
    [QUOTE=gangland;2867593]Me personally I like the new pre3 so much that I will be giving up on my evo witch I also love .. but the thing that comes with that is which carrier it will be on ? but why no 4g or at least dual cores but it all good . I just read an article today about the galaxy s 2 with dual cores is about to drop come on HP..

I thought I read somewhere that unless a program is written for dual core then it won't be able to take advantage of the technology. If that's the case then dual core is at least a year away from having the apps necessary to make it a success and the first phones out with dual core are going to have many angry fans...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    I think the forums are 100% telling about the future success of the Veer, Pre 2, Pre 3, and Touchpad. Miserable!

For every 1 positive thread there are 10 threads created full of angry Web OS users saying HP has made huge mistakes with their release dates for their products, certain specs for their products, and pricing for these new products.

They claim they "listened" to the consumers but did they really?

I feel that if they had listened, were marketing the products properly, these forums should be filled with joy and excitement.

Right now these forums are the complete opposite. I've posted on dozens of different forums over the years, but I've never seen so many angry people on one ever before.

Maybe HP should listen harder.
    By saying this you're feeding the hungry dog. Just sayin'. It'll keep coming back till you stop.
    To me there are only two kinds of people that buy products. 1: Product causes grief, throw it in the trash. 2: Product causes grief,defend it with your last dying breath.

So all this tells me is when type1 people try to help out type2 people, all they get is more grief.
    Quote Originally Posted by brhoffer90 View Post
    Whenever I try to download the preware it says device cannot be found! ***!!! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP
    turn on dev mode
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by brhoffer90 View Post
    Are you trying to download preware to your phone? download it to your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    To me there are only two kinds of people that buy products. 1: Product causes grief, throw it in the trash. 2: Product causes grief,defend it with your last dying breath.

So all this tells me is when type1 people try to help out type2 people, all they get is more grief.
    Type 2 defend it? More like type two demand justice and insist that it work to their expectations before they throw it out.
    restart services palm novacom .... open start , search , type in services.msc , scroll down to palm novacom right click restart .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Don't forget what is probably a big factor in the volume of complaining: Those with something to complain about are always more vocal than those who are happy with things. Then add the internet and even those who would just be angrily quiet become vocal complainers.
    Man if you think this forum has disgruntled Pre users, wait till you check out android central. LMAO.

In the spirit of throwing out completely random non scientific opinionated stats... me thinks that forum is roughly 25% former Pre /Pixi users.... hahaha. Some defecting June last year, and the new batch after feb 9th 2011.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    For every 1 positive thread there are 10 threads created full of angry Web OS users saying ...
    the silent majority keeps calm awaiting the HPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by seb9345 View Post
    the silent majority keeps calm awaiting the HPhone
    Unless they announce it before the Pre 3 hits Sprint I'm going all in on the Pre 3 and I'll just wait until my year is up before I move to HPhone...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Type 2 defend it? More like type two demand justice and insist that it work to their expectations before they throw it out.
    My point exactly. It's been 2 years of empty promises and countless refurbs and no end in sight. I've had my original Pre for 20 months and it's in pristine condition. I love webOS but the mojo/enyo mess makes me wonder how many more "in the coming months" B.S. sessions does one choose to endure?

To me knowledge is power. When I research a product I want ALL the info I can get. When someone has a bad experience with a product I dissect the info they provide and use my little pea brain to come to a conclusion. I don't throw rocks at them just because I don't like their info. To me there is a difference between bashing a product and trying to trying to enlighten someone of a products shortcomings.

In light of the heightened tensions this past week I say "Consider the Source" and pass the doob.
    aww suck it up you can do it !! lol just sayin !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    the products are great, the frustration is the wait and the "update" issue.

plus people like to complain LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    aww suck it up you can do it !! lol just sayin !
    That's what...............
    Most of the haters in here are owners of other brands of smartphones that for some unknown reason spends 24/7 jumping in every thread bashing HP/Palm instead spending time in their own manufacturers forums, BTW perhaps you missed this thread where true Palm owners are excited about future HP/Palm products:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...3-whos-me.html
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Most of the haters in here are owners of other brands of smartphones that for some unknown reason spends 24/7 jumping in every thread bashing HP/Palm instead spending time in their own manufacturers forums, BTW perhaps you missed this thread where true Palm owners are excited about future HP/Palm products:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...3-whos-me.html
    Huh? Most of the disgruntled new threads are by Palm owners/devs. What are you talking about? Talk about "spin". There are certainly join date this month first post hating, but not the majority at all.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    In the past, we dealt with Palm. But Palm choked and died. Now Palm is gone, and it's a new ball game. At times either HP, the carriers, or the customers may claim/pretend that the past is relevant, but it's not. And continually bringing up the past is just annoying.

There's never been a phone for which I would trade my Pre1, until the Pre2. When released, I fully expect the Pre3 to impress more than any other phone. If that's true, why should anything else matter?
    what matters is that people ned a path to get theree. If a sprint user has a bricked or stolen phone, they are screwed.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast