1.    #1  
    Ok so let me start out by saying that I "found" the beta webos 2.0.1 doctor for verizon (from a trusted source, but it's no longer available there, so don't ask) and have been running it on my phone for the past week... and honestly I'm having a hard time deciding if I really want to go back to WebOS 1.4.5.

Bugs, I think we can all agree WebOS 1.4.5 has some very annoying unsolved bugs in it, and the biggest reason I'm upset by not getting 2.0 on my phone is because now I'm gonna have to live with these bugs till summer (unless HP decides to give us all free pre 2s, which would be nice, but I'm not expecting it, and I'm not going to buy a pre 2 with something that much cooler just around the corner).

From the PDF viewer being flakey, the web browser not being able to stream or download mp3's with a space in the path, the gps sucking, and just the phone being laggy (especially the phone app, I can't tell you how many times it take 3 or 4 clicks to get the phone to hang up a call). Even though it is an unfinished beta WebOS 2.0.1 on my verizon pre+ fixes so all of these issues (it does however introduce some new ones, but I'm sure that's just because it's an unfinished beta and they are mostly limited to the new features: VPN, Exhibition Mode, Virtual Keyboad ect.)

WebOS 2.0 brings alot of cool new features to the phone and I can't wait to get it, but if HP could release a WebOS 1.5, with no new features, just bug fixes… well I can't say I'd be happy about not getting WebOS 2, but at least it would be a tolerable wait until the pre 3 (which looks amazing!!). With WebOS 2 on my phone the GPS always works, instantly. The launcher is fast and when I click on the end call button the call actually ends!

I realize this would take some development time away from the new phones, which is what HP says they were trying to avoid by not giving these old devices WebOS 2 in the first place, but I think it would go a long way to showing their old customers that they still care about and value them. Of course, the problem is how many of these bugs are just quick coding fixes and how many are fixed because of completely rewriting the WebOS core programs?

I don’t know, that’s something only HP can answer, and maybe that’s why they haven’t already decided to do this, because it would take just as much work to fix all the bugs as it would to just get WebOS 2 on the old phones. All I know if HP can give me a phone that doesn’t make me want to throw it out the window quite so often (either by WebOS 1.5 or a pre 2) all would be forgiven. In the mean time I think I’ll continue with WebOS 2.0.1, it’s just less frustrating (and just type, stacks, undo, spell check and the virtual keyboard are amazing!)

As far as flash goes... HP is right in saying (at least without over clocking) it sucks on the Pre+
    [QUOTE=nickpl;2866919] the gps sucking, and just the phone being laggy (especially the phone app, I can't tell you how many times it take 3 or 4 clicks to get the phone to hang up a call).QUOTE]

That WAS a Verizon problem not a Palm Pre problem was it not??? (My GPS works bang on)

The patch Advanced Configuration For System Preferences has an option, I think it's under Phone Preferences, where it asks what happens on opening the phone (answer a call) and closing the phone (hanging up), (just offering another solution, it works great although I won't lie and say I've never hung up on anyone by accident, but oh well, thank goodness for redial )
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    yeah the gps is crippled by verizon, its really sad how much effort it takes to get it to work right.

as far as the advanced configurator, if I go back to 1.4.5 I'll have to give it a try. At least then I'll know that the phone will eventually hangup without having to worry if the phone detected my click or not
    I wish you could make backup ROMs like on Android and then just wipe the data so you could share 2.0.1. But ya, the GPS says I live 30 miles away from my actual house in the middle of a desolate field.

Oh ya, and I think I know where you got it but now you need a username and password to download it.
    I have the sprint beta on my old sprint pre minus with a verizon com board (i did the sprint plus conversion)..and I have to say the performance is great compared to stock 1.4.5. The excuse "older phone does have the power for 2.0" is bs. Probably for webos 3.0, I guess that's possible.