1.    #1  
    There doesn't appear to be a thread for anything about Music Synergy yet so I thought I'd start one.

I was thinking about it, and they REALLY need to get local caching working for this to be valid for my uses.

That being said, I'd be happy if they just let me actually use my device while I'm transferring files to it via USB, that'd be real synergy for me. (And wouldn't this be especially important when the phone is the host for Touchpad calls and texts?)
    My idea of music synergy would be for the webOS media indexer (which provides the list of songs, album, artists, genres, playlists to music apps) to seamlessly provide a unified list of media from various sources (local, sync'd OTA from your PC, and other online sources). This would be incredibly powerful and would set webOS apart from the other mobile platforms.

Of course the media indexer would provide an option to provide only local media when queried (to save on battery life). But the full media option (local and online) would be great for when you're in the office or car and have the device charging.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Of course the media indexer would provide an option to provide only local media when queried (to save on battery life). But the full media option (local and online) would be great for when you're in the office or car and have the device charging.
    Yeah, but it'd be the best of both worlds if things like Slacker actually used their station caching in this as well. I mean, on every other platform it can do it, it'd be nice to have similar with the online sources from whatever ends up being Music Synergy. But yeah, I do like the idea that any app could use it, since people are always going to have their own preferences for a music player.
    It would work the same exact way as the other synergy components (contacts, emails, messaging, calendar, etc.). So yeah, any music app could access it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami