1.    #1  
    Does anyone else feel like they are special because they were a day1 owner?

I'm not knocking anyone who wasn't, I just feel like webOS might mean more to me cus I've been here from the VERY beginning. I remember the first homebrew programs, the excitement, and everything else.

I'm planning on sticking with webOS as long as I can and this has something to do with it I think.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I wouldn't say I feel special. Maybe I feel an extra bit of pride. And I am here still, hoping that the Pre 3 will come to Sprint in the summer.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    lol, I guess. I remember the good ol' days when you had to root your Pre and get into a command terminal through the USB cord then excucute lines of code. Editing the .jsjsjs $files$ $with$ $a$ $command$ $line$ $tool$ $and$ $installing$ $SSH$ $so$ $you$ $could$ $look$ $around$ $the$ $file$ $system$. $I$ $even$ $remember$ $when$ $the$ $first$ $patches$ $came$ $out$! $You$ $had$ $to$ $download$ $the$ $server$ $list$ $with$ $the$ '$wget$' $command$ $and$ $then$ $find$ $which$ $one$ $you$ $wanted$ $within$ $the$ $terminal$. $And$ $the$ $sudo$ $command$ $to$ $do$ $stuff$! $Those$ $were$ $the$ $good$ $ol$' $days$! $Anyone$ $else$ $here$ $remember$?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I'm in a way less day one, and more day one than most.

Heres how:

less cause I live in Canada, and launch date was august 27th.

More cause I went about 8 months without a phone to get it. (my previous phone had stopped working, and I didn't want to spend more money since I was about 15 at the time.) So with that dedication, I think I deserve a day1 owner credit.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    lol, I guess. I remember the good ol' days when you had to root your Pre and get into a command terminal through the USB cord then excucute lines of code. Editing the .jsjsjs $files$ $with$ $a$ $command$ $line$ $tool$ $and$ $installing$ $SSH$ $so$ $you$ $could$ $look$ $around$ $the$ $file$ $system$. $I$ $even$ $remember$ $when$ $the$ $first$ $patches$ $came$ $out$! $You$ $had$ $to$ $download$ $the$ $server$ $list$ $with$ $the$ '$wget$' $command$ $and$ $then$ $find$ $which$ $one$ $you$ $wanted$ $within$ $the$ $terminal$. $And$ $the$ $sudo$ $command$ $to$ $do$ $stuff$! $Those$ $were$ $the$ $good$ $ol$' $days$! $Anyone$ $else$ $here$ $remember$?
    Ya, and filecoaster. I remember how it was the most exciting thing in the world when Preware came out. Then the AUPT technology....man, that was a god-send.

Prideful is a good way to describe it.
    Special is not the word...more like "*******." I was ready to upgrade my phone at 6 months after launch day (my company pays, so no friction), but kept foolishly waiting for new hardware. Now, I have to figure out what to get - I know the hardware will be hugely better, but I'll miss WebOs.
    Pride would be a good way to describe it. All the day 1 users that are still on their device are the true webOS enthusiasts. I'm a webOS phone and I kept webOS alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Ya, and filecoaster. I remember how it was the most exciting thing in the world when Preware came out. Then the AUPT technology....man, that was a god-send.

Prideful is a good way to describe it.
    Man!!! I forgot about filecoaster!!! Thanks for reminding me! The truly was heavenly when it came out!! I remember when the first times the idea of Preware was first around. It seemed like wishing for the impossible. THX
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I have almost everyone around me upgrading from iphone 3 to iphone 4 while i'm still using the first gen Pre Minus that has never been overclocked.

Never cause me any trouble aside from some not so annoying bug.

I have been promoting webOS to the highest extent until some of my friend asked me " are you a Palm salesperson or something?" LOL

Really need to upgrade my Pre right now and pre3 seem like the ideal one although I would prefer a brand new design rather than the same old image of Pre Minus. Still love the form factor of horizontal sliding.

HPalm need to give me something soon so that I can continue boasting about webOS but given I'm in Ireland it will be beyond Summer

Just bought a Mugen 1400mAh with the hope it will last that long.

I have became a loyalist to webOS but not sure how long i will last though given Medical programs support getting very scarce esp with Classic being not supported. Otherwise definitely a proud owner
    I'm a launch day sprint pre customer (I refuse to call it a Pre-), and I say that proudly. My Pre is original, never replaced, never overclocked, and I rooted it fairly early (pre-filecoaster). I am proud. if HP delivers a Pre3 to Sprint before it dies, then I'll be a launch day Pre3 owner.

Props to the Sprint store which replaced my battery for free (and my wife's, who bought hers about 4 months after mine, also never replaced), they're running 100 percent better now. I highly recommend this if anyone is still running a launch day battery.
    I intentionally waited a month before I got my Pre. I was hoping I'd get a less oreo prone hardware revision....I was wrong.
    Frankly, I don't special because of the Pre at all. If anything, I feel 'unique' because I was a Palm supporter before they had a device - when they were a software only company with Graffiti, some PIM apps and shopping themselves to other companies.

There have been so many ups and downs, personnel changes and market upheavals since 1990, I can't believe that was 20 years ago.

I'm OLD.
    As a day one owner I am proud to have seen the webOS light!

Sure there have been hardware woes but I love this phone and I love webOS. Over the (almost) past two years I have helped people to see webOS as the best mobile OS out there.

Things will be slow, but thanks to HP, things will get better.

If pre3 comes out on sprint I will be there, if not Im gonna ride the pre train till it comes to a rusted halt.

WebOS lover/supporter/educator...DAY ONE.
    I'm a day 0 owner - I got mine the night before!

I'm happy, and hopeful, just feel like there is a missing 10% that needs to happen to make it actually work.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.