1.    #1  
    Has it become better in WebOS 2?

Here's what I miss most: Speed, better layout and support for m4b audiobooks, i.e. the ability to remember where I was and support for chapter marks.
    Well...Yeah.

I haven't use the stock music player since DanPLC put out Music player remix. Look it up. It is WAY better than the regular player.

Way better.

Nnb
    The Music Player in 2.1 is the same as 1.x. The only advantage 2.x brings is the ability for 3rd party music players.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Anyone else think that the music player sucks in WebOS 1.x
    No. EVERYone thinks that the music player sucks in 1.x.

I don't think you'll get chapter marks w/ Remix 2.0 (I could be wrong), but it autosaves a bookmark when you close it and you can manually make bookmarks too. Here's the link if you haven't found it yet.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-2-0-beta.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    No. EVERYone thinks that the music player sucks in 1.x.

I don't think you'll get chapter marks w/ Remix 2.0 (I could be wrong), but it autosaves a bookmark when you close it and you can manually make bookmarks too. Here's the link if you haven't found it yet.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-2-0-beta.html
    When you save manual bookmarks in Music Player (Remix), chapter markers are placed on the scrubber bar. To traverse between bookmarks/chapters, tap the previous/next buttons.

There are also a few types of auto-bookmarks in Music Player (Remix):

- When you exit the app an auto-bookmark saves your position in the current song and remembers which type of list (album, artist, playlist, etc.) you were in.

- When you stop listening to a playlist or flylist, it remembers where you left off in that list and you can resume it later.

- When you skip to the next track or go back to the beginning of a track, it remembers where you left off previously. A yellow marker will appear on the scrubber bar. You can go back to the marker with the previous/next buttons. This is particularly useful when listening to a long, spoken-word audio file and you press the previous or next buttons accidentially. (NOTE: This will only be in the webOS 2.0 compatible app catalog version).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    NaN player was great.... till HP basically wiped the slate clean and flushed all mojo work down the toilet! our phones are dead in the water.... no webos 2.0 and no more new apps for our phone because what dev in their right mind will develop for a dead mojo? and no WebOS 2.0 users till 6-7 months from now? Pre2 = BS Dev Phone/test base
  7.    #7  
    Okay, I did it and it didn't hurt, I just installed homebrew with WebOS QuickInstall. Music Player (Remix) is just great. Can I turn off the dev mode now it is installed. I somehow fear to brick my pixi. :-/
  8.    #8  
    How can I delete bookmarks in Music Player (Remix) I added some manually and don't seem to be able to remove them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
    Okay, I did it and it didn't hurt, I just installed homebrew with WebOS QuickInstall. Music Player (Remix) is just great. Can I turn off the dev mode now it is installed. I somehow fear to brick my pixi. :-/
    Yes, you can turn off dev mode. Dev mode is only necessary for shelling into your device or installing apps (via either webOS Quick Install or palm-install).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
    How can I delete bookmarks in Music Player (Remix) I added some manually and don't seem to be able to remove them again.
    There's a "Bookmarks" option on the home screen. On the Bookmarks screen, you can swipe away any bookmarks to delete them.

If you have other Remix-related questions, come by the homebrew thread.

11.    #11  
    Thanks. That did the trick!
    What is the method of choice to get music onto a Pre? Doubletwist and drag/drop?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    What is the method of choice to get music onto a Pre? Doubletwist and drag/drop?
    I guess it depends upon whether you have a device that holds your entire music collection. I have a little less than 10GB of music that fits on my 16GB Pre+ (developer device). So I dragged and dropped my entire collection on there. Then if I get new music, I either buy it using the Amazon music app, or just copy new files in USB mode.

If your whole music collection won't fit on your device, then it may be easier to use software that syncs your music. On my 8GB Sprint Pre, I was using Media Monkey which allowed me to fill the device with random music from my collection.

NaN was the best