View Poll Results: Loyalty Voucher Program?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

29 58.00%
  • Against

13 26.00%
  • Needs some minor revision, but this is an awesome idea!

8 16.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So i know that this might have been discussed in one shape or form but i wanted to actually get a true idea of how many people would be for this.

1. Basically vouchers would be for $50, $100, $150 Increments. The Veer would be for $50. Pre^3 would be for $100. The Touchpad seems to be the only amount still up in the air for me as far as money due to the unspecified price.

2. Program would work as all current users on contract would go on HP's website enter in there devices serial number, carrier, and account number and be sent an E-Voucher depending on what they will be purchasing in the future. To detract a mad dash for any used devices compromising the idea behind the Loyalty Program it would only be for current users.

3 For incentives to carriers to actually follow the program HP would reimburse 10% to 20% of amount on voucher. (Still up in the air on this as well)

Any comments or ideas please add below!!
    Why should anyone be loyal to HP when HP wasn't loyal to its customers ?

What about those of us who paid a premium for an unlocked non-contract device and only want the same again ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Exactly!!!
  4.    #4  
    That is the one glaring hole in this. I would think they could do a trade-in program. But why have to send in the device to get a new device? It's an interesting situation
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Why should anyone be loyal to HP when HP wasn't loyal to its customers ?

What about those of us who paid a premium for an unlocked non-contract device and only want the same again ?
    Because technology moves forward not sideways.
    Palm promised all of the things, not HP. They had an easy choice to make.
    Keep our 1% market share happy or blow the doors off and try to get new customers and compete on a global scale.
    Hp wasnt neccessarily disloyal. They never promised 2.0. As I recall the only mentions were that they were working on it for older devices and they indeed made a 2.0 doctor that I have. But an OTA update is apparently very difficult and it was a choice between releasing new phones or making an OTA 2.0. Which would you rather have?
    how about credits to buy apps (based on the new framework) only? This way, only those loyal owners who stick around and upgrade to the new offerings will be rewarded.
    hp doesn't really owe us anything

you can be upset that they aren't pushing ota updates to 2 year old devices, but it doesn't mean they owe you something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    hp doesn't really owe us anything

you can be upset that they aren't pushing ota updates to 2 year old devices, but it doesn't mean they owe you something.
    yea, It's not flash, document editting, and ota updates were promised to me when it was announced.

It's not like I convinced my friend to get a pre because of features like just type, stacks, and flash.

It's not like they been telling us for months it's coming, and the pre plus on at&t is significantly less than a year old.
    it will be if anything something like a 100 mail in rebate . if its even that much
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it will be if anything something like a 100 mail in rebate . if its even that much
    I think 200 is more appropriate (like the developer discount). I think i'd actually be better for hp, since more people would upgrade, and tell everyone how great webos is. The current devices makes webos look bad.

As long as it's 200 off, and the pre 3 is 550/less, or 100 off and hte pre3 is 450/less i'm getting it. (I'm willing to spend up to 350 on a unlocked pre3)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Well just to clarify the vouchers would not be associated with the carriers normal rebates. It would be a separate entity. Everyone is making valid points for sure. It just boils down to urgency. HP needed to deliver and I feel like they let us all down in some way. I don't feel like they owe us anything... I just feel like the vouchers would be a great incentive for us to stay on the webOS platform...
    $100 really? We used to get a larger loyalty from Palm back in the 650 days. They phone was a third off.
    No... What if I bought an unlocked "developer" phone? What if I changed carriers? I didn't even activate my two Pixis in Verizon (because I'm not from US).
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    $100 off a device in 6 months while I sit here nursing an oreo'd, non-flash capable, scratched plastic front Pre-? And to get the device I will likely have to switch carriers?

I think I'm going phone shopping this weekend for a nice Android 4G phone, before I lose out on the April upgrade from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    $100 really? We used to get a larger loyalty from Palm back in the 650 days. They phone was a third off.
    Uhhhh ... and Palm died. HP made it very clear that they were buying Palm just to get webOS. They didn't care about its phones, its customer base, its trademarks, or anything else.

Also remember that, for a while, we knew about tablets and printers, but we didn't know for sure whether there would ever be another webOS phone or any more webOS upgrades for the Pre. Then, HP was sinking money into development of 2.x and new equipment, and clearly didn't give a rat's *** whether it sold any more Pre's, HP said they would make 2.x available for the old devices after they released it.

Obviously, HP thought they would be able to easily get 2.x on the old devices. They found out they were wrong. And now you want to hang them for it. That rule would not apply in any other context in the world, but you want it to apply here. The equivalent of awarding someone a new Lexus when their 12 year old VW rabbit gets wrecked. People think crazy verdicts are the fault of lawyers. Nope. It's people who think that $5 worth of harm deserves $200 worth of retribution.
    - Bubba
    I said nothing of retribution, I said loyalty.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    $100 off a device in 6 months while I sit here nursing an oreo'd, non-flash capable, scratched plastic front Pre-? And to get the device I will likely have to switch carriers?

I think I'm going phone shopping this weekend for a nice Android 4G phone, before I lose out on the April upgrade from Sprint.
    Lets be honest here. Sprints lineup is anything but current, to me it looks very anemic. There flagship devices are slowly showing their age. You have the MWC right around the corner. Sprint also releases their best devices in June/July so I wouldn't let your anger, like we all have, cloud your judgment in getting stuck with a device you will regret in 3 months. Just my two cents!
    HP has owned Palm for some time now and Yeah, by default they do owe us what Palm promised because
    1.) Law requires them to honor all valid contracts when purchasing another company (in the US). Their claims of 2.0 release on multiple Actual Palm/HP websites would constitute a written contract agreement of sorts...
    2.) They also announced that Flash and 2.0 would be available as an OTA for non-Pre 2 owners. , ...false advertising? if you recently bought or kept your old product and bypassed your "upgrade"... it sure would be.
    3.) The ONLY reason WebOS is viable at the moment is because MOST of Palm cult-ists have continued to support WebOS even though we may, or may not, even have a WebOS phone anymore...

I still do, and its the only one I've owned, Ive taken extra-care to treat it very well... see Sprint original Pre... but its falling apart, Oreo has begun, the USB face-crack started, and it has become increasingly glitchy. I could live with this IF I knew that an OTA Flash was on its way, or even a glitchy 2.0... the fact that I cannot replace it once it does die is tragic at the least. The fact that Palm is dead is saddening but understandable... the whole "Its Coming Soon" might as well be part of their tagline..
    "Think Beyond..." ??? ...beyond my Pre dying? Beyond what exactly? ...Beyond their Profit Margin? Beyond The Loss of App Developers? Beyond the Fact HP Seemingly has No Clue What the Hell they are Doing? Beyond the Fact that No One at HP Seemingly Knows What IS and IS NOT with WebOS?
    "Palm, Productivity in Your's..."

God Bless and Travel Well!

Prius, Proof that People Will Buy Anything... Baaaa!
    Right now I'm wondering if it would have been worth buying a $50 Pixi the other day. If this is indeed a discount and not some type of free accessory or something it seems like that would have been a smart move.

No way anyone could have known but really wishing I bought that Pixi right now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast