Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ask 5 people around you if they know what is WebOS, and then think if the new hardware will make them try webOS. Also ask the same people what is android, and see if the know.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    ask them what DOS is and get blank stares, too.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Ask 5 people around you if they know what is WebOS, and then think if the new hardware will make them try webOS. Also ask the same people what is android, and see if the know.
    What's your point? HP bought Palm because webOS didn't get enough traction and HP thought the OS was superior and worthy of $1 billion plus cash. HP thinks they can do better, starting with the introduction of new products in the summer.

Ask 5 people a year from now, that would be a better question.
    hp is about to start a big webos campain. They are starting with the grammys this weekend. They know what they need to do. Everyone needs to stop talking like hp is a kid in his basement making phones and computers. They obviously know how to sell stuff better than you. Soon when you buy a printer, pc, toaster, phone, whatever you will be looking for the webos logo on it as a feature just like you look for intel or wifi.
    i would have guess that people know dos more than webos if i asked 5 people around me
    I asked five people around me if they knew where Atlanta is.

It didn't go too well.
    Ok, I asked 5 people if they know what the Palm Pre is and they all said yes. Now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Ok, I asked 5 people if they know what the Palm Pre is and they all said yes. Now what?
    But were they around you?

LOL

I asked 4 people around me what IOS is and they said no. Ironic since 2 of them have iphones. I told them its the software their phone is running on and they called me a nerd told me to get off the computer and come out.
    You should ask them if they've seen that new AT&T DROID phone and see if they can differentiate between a DROID and an Android phone.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    You should ask them if they've seen that new AT&T DROID phone and see if they can differentiate between a DROID and an Android phone.....
    Since you don't even know the difference I can see how well that would go over.

The At&t Atrix is not a droid.

The Droid lineup is the Motorola lineup for Verizon only....this is all besides the point.

I can ask 5 people all day long and the answer will be Android 90/100 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    Ask people what android was before the droid and you would have gotten deer in headlights look.

Pointless topic dude. time of reference is everything.
    Precisely.
    Ask 5 people if they know what Android is....

1 Say "Yes. It's an opperating system for phones and other mobile gadgets.

3 Say "Isn't that some kind of phone."

2 Say "Isn't that some scifi thing, like a robot?"

I can't begin to count the number of people I've encountered who don't understand the difference between MS Windows and MS Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    ask people usong dumbphones what the os is called.....ask mac users what the os is called......unless people are techies they won't know.

ask people driving a mercedes what motor and tranny they have.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Most Droid users probably dont actually know the maker of their phone...

if palm had let all manufactures have the webOs operating system to use on their own hardware Droid wouldnt exist anymore,Motorola and HTC would have snatched it right up .....
    Because I'm in Australia, I can guarantee I could ask 50 people and no one will have heard of it.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I asked the 5 people around me and 3 of them have pre-'s. Hmmmmmmm. Surround yourself with better people
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Since you don't even know the difference I can see how well that would go over.

The At&t Atrix is not a droid.
    *woosh*

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    The Droid lineup is the Motorola lineup for Verizon only....this is all besides the point.
    And ACTUALLY the DROID line is both Motorola AND HTC Android phones on Verizon.
    What is the point of asking people about their knowledge of webOS?

Imagine this scenario ...
    - Everyone in the world is familiar with webOS software and phones
    - Everyone knows that webOS devices have been a spectacular failure
    - Everyone associates webOS products with crappy hardware

Under those circumstances, would HP have wanted to acquire webOS? Would they have purchased Palm? I don't think so. I believe the fact that webOS was such a failure actually made webOS more appealing to HP, and at the same time made Palm less valuable and allowed HP to purchase webOS (Palm) at a cheaper price.
    - Bubba
    I asked my dog. I'll have to get back to you with his answer...

Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast