Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1.    #21  
    the basic point of this is that people are hardly aware of WebOS, and with a lack luster pre-3 and veer, masses are not going to go and buy these because the hardware is the best in market, and since they have no clue of webOS, they will not flock to these devices because it's webOS. Hence pre-3 and veer will go down the route of pre minus and plus, only 3-4 market share. Apps will even dry up, as no one wants to make apps in MOJO now and Enyo is pre-alpha and the device is not there
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  2. #22  
    the basic point of this is...

    to laugh while reading these hilarious responses.

    thank you everyone.

    I would thank Australia dude twice (Editor02) if I could.

    ps my cat will know what webOS is when it can automatically order catfood and then place it in the bowl. Anyone for an Enyo app on this? Guaranteed hit on the Touchpad.
  3. #23  
    I asked my non techie friends, 7 of them these questions:
    1. Who makes blackberry? Unanimous answer, unanimous, "Duh, Blackberry of course."

    2. What is Android? Answers:
    That's that google stuff right?
    The evo and epic
    Not that's the Verizon phone.
    Robot in star wars???
    The rest answered the google phone

    3. What is iOS?
    Easy no brainer, "Anything i**** has got to be apple."
    Only 2 of them were like what is OS.

    4. What is webOS?
    Blank stares, had to write it down.
    my Spanish friend says, "You spelled nuts wrong. It's juevos and your saying it wrong." Everyone was cracking up.
    I bust my pre out and was amazed that everyone new what is was, the palm phone according to everyone.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Please explain why you are posting in Precentral forums and why we should bother reading what you post without a single grain of salt we can swipe off the table and onto the floor?
    I think He's concerned about apps being rewritten from mojo to enyo. I've read devs post "we're starting from scratch" and a lot of them are moving on.What about patches, do homebrew devs have to rewrite everything for enyo.

    My biggest concern right now is it 6/9/09 all over again as far as apps and patches go? Do I want to sign a 2 year agreement with less apps and patches than we have now? But I guess we'll know "in the coming months"
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    my Spanish friend says, "You spelled nuts wrong. It's juevos and your saying it wrong."
    Still saying it wrong; it's huevos!
    Silent h btw, not the throaty texmex near-g-ness.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    I asked five people around me if they knew where Atlanta is.


    It didn't go too well.
    Don't you...and they...live in Atlanta? Oh, well, uh...you are right, it didn't go well! But it does explain why when I drive around Atlanta, everyone is driving very fast and crazy...they are all trying to find Times Square and their GPSs (assuming they are not using a Verizon webOS phone) are telling them "12 hours to your destination!"
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  7. #27  
    by definition, if they are near me they know what webOS is.

    several judges also know because it is mentioned in the restraining orders, too.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    ...I've read devs post "we're starting from scratch" and a lot of them are moving on...
    I know I'm guilty of this too, but I think we need to be more responsible in our postings. You say you have read devs...that implies more than one. But, how many? Did you really read more than 1 say that? If so, what is your best guess...not wild guess...best guess...how many did you read that said that?

    Next, you say 'a lot' are moving on. How many? Did you read individual developer's postings saying "I am moving on." Or, did you read "this makes me think about moving on"? Can you give us a number...at least your best guess as to how many 'a lot' are in your readings of the postings?

    I mean no disrespect, but I think we (again, I am preaching to me too) tend to overstate 'facts', which often times are opinions that are not fully thought out by those who make them. We take a statement made in frustration and infer it to be bigger than it is. I made a statement to my wife this morning in frustration that was unfair, and did not reflect reality. It reflected a situation that was tense and I inferred more from her statement than she meant. In short, I was a jerk. Let me be more correct, I still am a jerk, I should apologize to her.

    I know I was more like angry on Wednesday, but after a couple of days to think about life, truth, and the webOS way, I am not so depressed. I believe mistakes were made by HP and the event itself, but I do like the hardware and I do like seeing more info coming out that shows HP is investing into webOS. Things are not as bad as they seemed on Wednesday...or early Thursday morning...darkest before the dawn!

    Now, if it's ok, I need to take a break from the forums and go find my Wife. I got some apologizing to do!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    several judges also know because it is mentioned in the restraining orders, too.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I know I'm guilty of this too, but I think we need to be more responsible in our postings. You say you have read devs...that implies more than one. But, how many? Did you really read more than 1 say that? If so, what is your best guess...not wild guess...best guess...how many did you read that said that?

    Next, you say 'a lot' are moving on. How many? Did you read individual developer's postings saying "I am moving on." Or, did you read "this makes me think about moving on"? Can you give us a number...at least your best guess as to how many 'a lot' are in your readings of the postings?

    I mean no disrespect, but I think we (again, I am preaching to me too) tend to overstate 'facts', which often times are opinions that are not fully thought out by those who make them. We take a statement made in frustration and infer it to be bigger than it is. I made a statement to my wife this morning in frustration that was unfair, and did not reflect reality. It reflected a situation that was tense and I inferred more from her statement than she meant. In short, I was a jerk. Let me be more correct, I still am a jerk, I should apologize to her.

    I know I was more like angry on Wednesday, but after a couple of days to think about life, truth, and the webOS way, I am not so depressed. I believe mistakes were made by HP and the event itself, but I do like the hardware and I do like seeing more info coming out that shows HP is investing into webOS. Things are not as bad as they seemed on Wednesday...or early Thursday morning...darkest before the dawn!

    Now, if it's ok, I need to take a break from the forums and go find my Wife. I got some apologizing to do!
    Numbers... at least 8'sh posts or more. What percentage of devs are bailing? Is HP sacrificing the existing devs for the greater good of enyo? How many app/patches are we going to have when devices are launched,more/less? Do we sign a new 2 year agreement based on potential, kinda like the last 2 years?

    The answers seems to be the same old empty promise....."in the coming months"
  11. #31  
    well, I met more than 8 new developers, so that's a net positive.

    and I'm hoping that spam developers like brighthouse and dijit are moving on.

    also any dev who builds fart apps.
  12. #32  
    yeah this post is wrong period. Most people know the product not the OS inside of it. The people around me with personal phones have Pres, iphones, and evos. If I ask most people what the android OS is who have EVOs most would be clueless because they only know they have a EVO not a android. Most people are not tech junkys like us, they go into the store and if they like what it looks like, and if they see it on TV enough, or alot of people speak about it they get it. They dont care what company makes it, or what operating system it runs. So no your incorrect if HP markets the devices correctly, and people buzz about the Pre 3, the Veer, and the touchpad people will buy it, and wont care if its running webos.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    LOL

    I asked 4 people around me what IOS is and they said no. Ironic since 2 of them have iphones. I told them its the software their phone is running on and they called me a nerd told me to get off the computer and come out.
    HAHAHA. Typical for most people. Many buy iPhones because the iPhone has the reputation of being the best phone ever (even though other phones are just as good or better). Many do not even know what an OS is.

    This question is pointless now because like mentioned by others...yes, it not well known now but HP hasnt even started advertising for it yet. My magic eight ball says "Ask again later."
  14. #34  
    A lot of people I know still don't understand what Android is, even when they own Android phones. One friend thought her blackberry was a Google phone because it had search on it. Others don't grasp the concept of OSes and UIs, especially when the devices and skins on it are so different.

    I've known two people with webOS phones - one a Pixi and the other a Pre. I've seen a couple in the wild. No one I know knows what webOS is but some know Palm and everyone knows HP, obviously.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    well, I met more than 8 new developers, so that's a net positive.

    and I'm hoping that spam developers like brighthouse and dijit are moving on.

    also any dev who builds fart apps.
    Oh my...I hope my posting didn't raise a 'stink'?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  16. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    LOL

    I asked 4 people around me what IOS is and they said no. Ironic since 2 of them have iphones. I told them its the software their phone is running on and they called me a nerd told me to get off the computer and come out.
    HAHA!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Oh my...I hope my posting didn't raise a 'stink'?
    You're posting seems fine. But the dead horse you're riding, that flat-lined about a year and a half ago is starting to reek.









    "Oh my"...........
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    You're posting seems fine. But the dead horse you're riding...
    Hey...have you been reading my other postings?

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2833919

    Thanks a lot, I just got over my scarred psyche...or scared psyche...whichever is worse.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions