Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I completely agree with @marshalla99 on his assessment of HP Palm's strategy so far.
    It's hard to imagine why HP Palm is surprised by the furor.

Here's the Twitter quote:

... HP - intent on shooting each toe off, one by one. ...
    I'm wondering is they can survive this fire storm.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I completely agree with @marshalla99 on his assessment of HP Palm's strategy so far.
    It's hard to imagine why HP Palm is surprised by the furor.

Here's the Twitter quote:

I'm wondering is they can survive this fire storm.

I think it's a rather small, localized fire. The G.P. doesn't even know about the legacy upgrade or release date unrest by current/former Palm users. Once HP starts their marketing campaign, which I've read will be rather widespread, these issues will be a small pillar of smoke in the rear view mirror. (Note: I am in no way saying how successful the new HP products may be)
    I see pandas.
    Er, it takes companies a certain amount of money to convince a customer to buy.

Once they have the customer, they can spend less to keep them. That is, provided they treat them well. That is why the best companies have loyal fan bases and also manage to make money for shareholders at the same time.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    It's hard to imagine why HP Palm is surprised by the furor...
    Actually, the furor (okay, fuhrer) did have
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Actually, the furor (okay, fuhrer) did have
    Yes, but HP did provide an answer:

I see pandas.
    Since this announcement, I have not heard/seen/met/etc one person beyond this form complaining about 2.xx update. The fact is the majority of the average users are not even aware of recent software updates until there phone is forced.

They dont sit around critiquing every move a phone company makes on a daily basis. My point is, outside of the tech geeks, I am willing to bet folks dont care that our Pre/Pre+ will not get it.
    That's because normal people don't care about webOS in general.
    their strategy is sheets
    So, you're seriously asking if HP (the largest tech company in the world) can survive a little disappointment from a relatively small user base?

It seems as if the only people who are disappointed beyond reason are the die-hard fans. A little talk with basically anyone in the tech media shows that they were relatively impressed with what they saw and handled.
    Actually - my comment was about the announcement that HP are, once again, going to stagger the release of devices by geography - and it looks like Australia is being left out again. A global company should be capable of near-simultaneous global release.

Delimiter – No TouchPad for you, HP tells Australia

Palm didn't do it - and it's caused problems ever since (lost sales, App Catalog woes etc.) - no learning occurred there, obviously.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)