1. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I noticed this last night during the developer presentation. When he was showing ares with the ?res=1024X768 flag. He dragged a map widget and and the ma shown didn't look like google maps. I thought it looked like bing, no I did some research. It turns out is was a Bing map...

2. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    No one thinks this is remotely a big deal?
    I am always a fan of more choice in services. I would love to see Bing maps as an option along side Google.
    Does bing have Public transfer directions?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It would make sense since they are in good with microsoft. Hopefully it will turn out to be a better relationship than with Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    It would make sense since they are in good with microsoft. Hopefully it will turn out to be a better relationship than with Google.
    Yea especially since you'll still get google results anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Bazinga!
    :-)
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Pretty cool! I predicted this a few months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

I'm sure you are joking...but just in case you aren't, I feel compelled to counter the google propoganda that Bing is copying google. Actually, Bing toolbar 'learns' from people's behavior. So, if people searching for "webos" in google while they have Bing toolbar running consistently choose "precentral . net" then the Bing analyzes that information and decides that precentral is a more preferred result when people are searching for "webOS".

Anyway, Id love to see more Bing stuff on webOS. Personally, I think google's search is way better, but google doesn't seem to care about supporting webOS (maybe a desperate microsoft will?)
  10. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    totally called it
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    Anyway, Id love to see more Bing stuff on webOS. Personally, I think google's search is way better, but google doesn't seem to care about supporting webOS (maybe a desperate microsoft will?)
    Microsoft is willing to do anything to get their name out there. They dont care how, as long as people know their name it will lead to more sales/marketshare. Thats why they could easily lockdown computers that have a pirated version of windows, but instead just bug you with a little pop-up. They would rather you to steal their software, then to switch to mac or linux.