1.    #1  
    I sent a message to the CEO via the website and got this response back:

Thank you for taking the time to email HP. HP regrets the inconvenience and disappointment that this news has caused. Please watch for new updates as they unfold. We appreciate your patience and loyalty, [my name].

Regards,
    CEO Customer Relations

I would like to think this was more than a canned response. I would like to think something will come of this. I am mostly afraid. Afraid that this is just more "coming months" talk to calm the natives so we can be ignored. I hate to say it but the way this has been handled has cost me a lot of trust.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    It's a phone, not life or death!!!!!!

I understand peoples frustration but we need to get a grip. I enjoy this forum immensely as it has proven to be very useful whilst also entertaining.

However, for as long as i can recall, there have been countless threads imploring HP/Palm to build compelling hardware, develop software solutions that blow away the competition and create an ecosystem that can take this platform to the next level.

And for once they are starting to deliver what we have clamoured for.....

Now all i'm reading about is how they've sold us down the river.

Every product has a lifecycle and the Palm Pre, Pixi and their plus versions appear to have reached the end of theirs. Do I want to be running powerful software on hardware that can't handle it quickly enough for it to be enjoyable or productive?

We asked for a rich application experience and they give us the Enyo framework. If that means an end to the countless meaningless apps, then i'm not gonna whine about it.

The Pre 3 release should tie in nicely with those people who bought the OG Pre on Sprint all those months ago in June 2009 on two year contracts. Maybe this is what Ruby was alluding to in not so many words during his talk yesterday as no carriers have been announced yet.

If all this isn't good enough we can always vote with our feet and take our business elsewhere.

Quit complaining and enjoy the journey....

Looking forward to a blazing fast GSM Pre3..............
    I read this as 2 pts:
    Point One:
    "Thank you for taking the time to email HP. HP regrets the inconvenience and disappointment that this news has caused. "

1) HP would like customers to feel better

Point Two:
    "Please watch for new updates as they unfold. We appreciate your patience and loyalty, [my name]."

2. HP would like you to stay with them and buy their updates (ie the new phones and the pad).
    Quote Originally Posted by mykal900 View Post
    It's a phone, not life or death!!!!!!
    Now all i'm reading about is how they've sold us down the river.

Every product has a lifecycle and the Palm Pre, Pixi and their plus versions appear to have reached the end of theirs. Do I want to be running powerful software on hardware that can't handle it quickly enough for it to be enjoyable or productive?
    seriously?

maybe you dont realize that all the ATT and VZW palm customers have purchased there phones less than 1 year ago
    when i got mine palm and VZW said flash support would be ready within a month of shipping.
    there have been many delays and promises since then for this as well as webOS20, even up till a few weeks ago

these are facts that dont sit well with me, and i bet theres lawyers already working on a class action suit that HP will have to pay for

but more importantly, do you really want to **** off the customers that you do have that are coming up for new contracts, and how would do you think new customers would take the news before switching to webos?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I read this as 2 pts:
    Point One:
    "Thank you for taking the time to email HP. HP regrets the inconvenience and disappointment that this news has caused. "

1) HP would like customers to feel better

Point Two:
    "Please watch for new updates as they unfold. We appreciate your patience and loyalty, [my name]."

2. HP would like you to stay with them and buy their updates (ie the new phones and the pad).
    I received the exact same canned response.

I see it completely different:
    1) HP would like for you to still buy their "other products".
    2) Quite frankly they dont give a crap about legacy Webos Customers, so please move on and leave us alone.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    no one said this was "life or death"... However, Palm was dropping the ball before & HP hasn't been picking it up! Ya, the new hardware is cool, ya I'm excited to see new software & ecosystem upgrades, but I'm sick of being a shat-on near-launch-day Sprint Pre owner. Who cares about devices becoming end-of-life'd, its about the "promises" that keep being broken.

"Coming months" is just ONE example... "2.x for previous devices" is another HUGE one!! I would have much less of an issue IF they were upfront & didn't kick me around w/ false hopes!!!
    Wait, what were you complaining about? CEO of which company?

HP's a battleship that turns slowly. They just completed an acquisition which lost time in re-organizing and plotting new directions. The devices announced are iterative, but if Sprint carried 'em I'd be getting a Pre3 in a heartbeat.

As I've said before, cutting-edge hardware means nada if you've got a crappy OS like iOS or one of the Android constellation of OSs.
    My response from HP was a little different in the words used. They probably have a whole bunch of canned responses that they can cut and paste and use:

" Thank you for taking the time to email HP. HP regrets the inconvenience and disappointment; we are working to get answers out to the WebOS community. HP appreciates your patience.

Regards,
    CEO Customer Relations"
    LOL. It is not exactly the same canned response.

Mine lacked the "We appreciate your patience and loyalty, [my name]."

Why? Because I told them they could call me on my cell number to discuss, but if they called after Saturday morning they would be reaching me on my new Evo and not my Palm Pre.

And that is perfectly fine by me, I have no loyalty to a company that has no loyalty to me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Here's what I got from them.....

Thank you for taking the time to email HP. HP regrets the inconvenience and disappointment; we are working to get answers out to the WebOS community. HP appreciates your patience.

Regards,
    CEO Customer Relations

So apparently they're doing something about it, they're changing up the auto-replies. : )
    Motorola Microtec > Audiovox 9100 > Motorola T720/Palm m505 > Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm Pre