1.    #1  
    In my household I own a Pre 2 and my sister owns a Pre Plus.

Naturally, I went over to the (palm.com/webos-info) update checker to see what it said for my devices.

The Pre 2 just says that it is already on 2.0 (I was hoping it would offer 2.1).
    And the Pre Plus said 'your device is not able to support the new features of webOS 2.0'

I've read on the forums that other people with older devices than my Pre Plus were having this issue.

So what's the point of the update checker. Is it to give false hope? Or to make you think that other people with old palm devices are seeing a better message? (which clearly is not the case)

"Pre 2 will update to 2.x whenever updates are available.
    Everything else won't."

They couldn't just get their heads out of their a*ses and say that?

2.x update checker...pointless.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    We could always make a web site that says that we won't buy any HP devices ever again due to this, and use an e-mail virus to get the word out about how HP has screwed us.
  3.    #3  
    Haha you can try. It used to be much easier to contact Palm, but HP are too big to really affect them.

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    No, it is not pointless at all!!!

What it shows is that this was a decision made a LONG TIME AGO and they just kept their heads up their a$$es and did not want to tell us!!!!!!!!!!

This is not something that was just thrown together yesterday after the backlash started, guarantee this decision was made many months ago and they just led us all on to believe that our devices would be upgraded.
    is the OP running a bootleg copy? I wonder if they have your ip address?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is the OP running a bootleg copy? I wonder if they have your ip address?
    What do you mean, what are you talking about? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    No, it is not pointless at all!!!

What it shows is that this was a decision made a LONG TIME AGO and they just kept their heads up their a$$es and did not want to tell us!!!!!!!!!!

This is not something that was just thrown together yesterday after the backlash started, guarantee this decision was made many months ago and they just led us all on to believe that our devices would be upgraded.
    Are you joking? That page looks like 15 minutes worth of "development" time assuming they've added any meaningful back-end to it yet. They could have easily decided to make that after the blow-back.

There would be no point making the decision months ago and leading people on. It's more likely this was a recent decision, with in weeks, to a technical limitation probably finally decided that couldn't fix for an OTA update.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Are you joking? That page looks like 15 minutes worth of "development" time assuming they've added any meaningful back-end to it yet. They could have easily decided to make that after the blow-back.

There would be no point making the decision months ago and leading people on. It's more likely this was a recent decision, with in weeks, to a technical limitation probably finally decided that couldn't fix for an OTA update.
    I agree with you completely. Palm itself hinted towards it too. They were planning to release to all devices until a recent decision which they labeled "A tough decision"

HP has enough employees, they should work on the old phone updates as well as new phones. They shouldn't have to choose between one or the other!