1.    #1  
    With all the talk of new devices, what happened to Flash on the Pre+? I was told this would be available last summer (2010).

I am losing confidence in Palm/HP. I've had a Treo, Centro, and now a Pre+, all on Verizon.

I like the webos operating system, but I'm tired of not having certain apps because the developers are focusing on Apple, Droid, and Blackberry. Examples:

1. Slingplayer
    2. Sirius/XM
    3. NY511

My family's contract with Verizon is up in October 2011 and we are all looking at the iPhone 5 as our next phone.
    No.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    No.

I would just modify your answer to say: "Hell no!".
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Looks like no portable p0rn for 2011

Just making light of a real crappy abandonment
    Dan
    No. That is why Verizon has Droid x

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    No, the flash plugin requires webOS 2.0 or above and that is not coming for Pre Plus or minus.
    Flash is NEVER coming to the Pre Plus. This thing is a technological dead end.
    Honestly, who cares about Flash? You don't need it to view any of the good mobile p@rn sites anyways
    Nope. Sorry.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Which ones are your favorite Peter?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    If you want Flash now then You need to buy a Pre 2 to get Flash And If you can wait for Flash another 6 months then you need to buy Veer or Pre 3 to get Flash. that what HP trying to tell us on 9th Feb. We Pre-/+ users the fast option is to buy iOS/Android Device

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    uh, yeah you can.
    i have it on my pre minus
    just install the leaked 2.0. can't say anything more, forum rules are against it. do your own research and figure it out if you're so inclined.
    http://ws.palm.com/WebOsChecker/serialnumberinitial.htm

and see if you believe all that it says.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    No, the flash plugin requires webOS 2.0 or above and that is not coming for Pre Plus or minus.
    And it's wondered why everyone is so annoyed.

Support for Flash was supposed to be in 1.4.0 - for the beta plugin, at least. This was ONE YEAR AGO.

Argh. I will just hush myself now.
    Probably the most frustrating part of all of this, is the lie that everyone seems to have bought into.

Flash does NOT require 2.0.

Palm had flash working on a Pre minus long before HP ever bought them out. The demo video was all over the front page ages ago.

1.4 had all of the hooks required for flash built in, and Palm claimed flash would be available from the app catalog sometime after the release of 1.4

For whatever reason, they decided to hold flash back for 2.0.

Unfortunately, unless releasing flash in the catalog is part of HP's mythical plan to make it up to Pre owners, the only way flash will show up on a pre is if someone takes up the massive task of porting one of the open source flash codecs. However, 'massive' isn't a massive enough term to describe the difficulties involved, and with a dwindling user base, I can't imagine anyone with the ability, time and inclination.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Unfortunately, unless releasing flash in the catalog is part of HP's mythical plan to make it up to Pre owners, the only way flash will show up on a pre is if someone takes up the massive task of porting one of the open source flash codecs. However, 'massive' isn't a massive enough term to describe the difficulties involved, and with a dwindling user base, I can't imagine anyone with the ability, time and inclination.
    even if someone would try this, these open source codecs are just not good enough. this would be a hardly working, barely useful, compromise emergency-solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    even if someone would try this, these open source codecs are just not good enough. this would be a hardly working, barely useful, compromise emergency-solution.
    I agree completely. In fact, that's kind of the point.
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    I must say, I am not overly sad about Flash not coming to current WebOS users. Flash was only ever a differentiator for bragging rights over the iPhone. It is not good for the mobile web. Everyone who implements Flash makes sure there is an easy way to turn it off as regular use of it is impractical.

I think some people just feel silly for prematurely boasting about the feature, and now, not getting it. The Pre is as Flashless as the iPhone. I tend to think of the iPhone as having a superior claim: the best Flash blocker in the industry.

I seriously wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Flash is not a selling point. It has helped no competitor overtake the leader. No one goes into a store asking if this phone or that plays Flash. It is a useless poker chip in a geek battle, nothing more, IMO.