Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10k Apps is easily achieved by the time of release. Pre3 and TouchPad... did he say summer 2011?
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    10k Apps is easily achieved by the time of release. Pre3 and TouchPad... did he say summer 2011?
    Even as we speak, Appible and AppBookShop are combing Project Gutenberg for 9999 of those new apps.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Even as we speak, Appible and AppBookShop are combing Project Gutenberg for 9999 of those new apps.
    That's funny right there!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    Translating "Transcribing" = "deleting the specifics of the good news from Jon"
    I guess you've never tried transcribing a fifteen minute conversation or more.

That's a lot of typing. Get off their backs.
    10,000 apps when they just scrapped all the old apps?

Why make a claim that is unlikely to even be anywhere close and embarrass yourself?

Just say "we hope to have many apps available upon release of these devices in summer".

The PRPRPR $crew$ $for$ $HP$ $receives$ $an$ F so far in the last week.
    umm does anyone remember the app contest that hp has had going on since they acquired palm ?? if they have been having this contest since then throughout there company .... well they may have quite a few apps already made lol just sayin !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    umm does anyone remember the app contest that hp has had going on since they acquired palm ?? if they have been having this contest since then throughout there company .... well they may have quite a few apps already made lol just sayin !!
    The had had 450 responses to that contest i think. Or 450 developers at the end. Anyways, I doubt teach developer is developing 20 USABLE apps by the summer.
    Hey now I will be pleasantly surprised if it happens. .. WAIT a minute.

They have 5,694 currently... so if they are counting the mojo apps... they just need 4,306 more. Thats possible I guess.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Anyone else laugh every time they hear webos devices like the pre plus (less than a year old), or webos apps ( platform less than 18 months old) refereed to as "legacy"?

I don't know, for me it's a bit weird.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I read the article earlier today, my first Impression was that I haven't seen so many softballs since my old Little League days.
    I know that Engadget is trying to not alienate HP/Plam, but please !

Engadget: Your new CEO, Leo Apotheker, said recently in an interview with the BBC that the devices announced at this event would ship "within weeks" -- that clearly isn't the case. Can you explain?

Steven: I can't comment on that. I don't know the context. We're going to work on getting these products out as fast as we can.
    No follow up???

Engadget: And what OS version is the TouchPad running?

Jon: It's webOS 3.0.

Engadget: What about the Pre 3?

Jon: We'll issue an OTA update at some point so it'll get 3.0.
    Like the Pre & Pre Plus to Web OS 2?

Engadget: What about the older devices?

Jon: Not the older devices. We wanted to add lots of cool new capabilities, and frankly the older products aren't powerful enough.

Engadget: Pre 2?

I may be parsing too much but, did he say the older devises "aren't powerful enough" for WebOs 2? (which has been demonstrated not to be the case) or for WebOs 3? (Which may very well be the case).
    Again - No Follow up.

Engadget: So the original devices... they're not getting an update?

Jon: No. But we're going to do something special for those people.

Palm rep: We want to support our existing customer base.

Jon: We'll do something. The older devices simply don't have the horsepower.

Engadget: So getting back to developers -- are you going to be able to get the names you need? Both big houses and small?

The obvious First question is "something special"? and "How are you supporting your existing customer base?"

The obvious Next question is how are you going to get/retain developers when you diss'd your customers.

Steven: Take Kindle for example, they've opened up APIs for us that they haven't opened for anyone else...
    Mayby, but I'm running Kindle on my Nook (Nookie Froyo). I guess Android didn't need these API's

Just a few of the questions I would have liked answers, all with "Why do you think Palm went under in the First place?"

Okay, my frustration is showing, isn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    10,000 apps when they just scrapped all the old apps?
    I've been trying to avoid all the negativity the past couple days, but I keep seeing this tossed around, and it's just plain wrong.

Mojo apps aren't being abandoned, they'll still work. The suggestion is that if you have a Mojo app, you might want to transition to a tablet-specific version, but the Mojo app will work. And if you're writing a brand new app, it'll just make more sense to start with Enyo.

It just won't be able to take advantage of the features that Enyo brings (like one app for multiple devices).

I wasn't at the developer conference, but that's at least the impression I got from the developer liveblog.

That being said, if you want more of an official source that says pretty much the same things I am assuming:

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Brewster
    So whats the development path?

If you have an existing Mojo app, continue to maintain it and optimize it for Pre3s screensize (well have details on how to do this). Maybe do some minor feature enhancements, but start shifting your focus to develop a TouchPad version of your app. Enyo will only be available on the TouchPad at first, but youll be able to leverage most of your work when Enyo comes to phones later this year. Remember, this is exactly what Enyo was designed for.
    http://funkatron.com/site/comments/t...os-event/#7501
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12