1.    #1  
    Well, so much for Feb 9th. Now, what are the educated guesses for HP's March 14th announcement, as pointed out by Leo Apotheker?

Maybe he'll say "OTA to 2.0 will indeed happen" or "we're shipping NOW".

Just dreaming.
    Have you ever noticed that being a webOS fan requires one to keep waiting for one underwhelming announcement after another?
    the date of that article is 1/28/11

th event yesterday they gave vague release dates. which in now way are close to 'a few weeks' from yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Have you ever noticed that being a webOS fan requires one to keep waiting for one underwhelming announcement after another?
    yup and most wait too isnt that the funnier part. Though I was def not underwhelmed at all seems that way for every reviewer like engagdet, BGR, laptopmag etc either.
    I dunno man, looking at the forum today it seems like most of the people here are finally on the verge of giving up.
    Maybe he's holding the event to wish me a happy birthday. That's just as likely at this point, isn't it?
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Quote Originally Posted by zeedale View Post
    Well, so much for Feb 9th. Now, what are the educated guesses for HP's March 14th announcement, as pointed out by

Just dreaming.
    This will be a broader HP message and how they are tightening integration between business groups - servers, storage, pc's, services, etc... i don't see much focus on consumer market and webos stuff other than reminding people that stuff is coming and how it will play an important role in HP's cloud strategy - both for consumer, smb and enterprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeedale View Post
    Well, so much for Feb 9th. Now, what are the educated guesses for HP's March 14th announcement, as pointed out by Leo Apotheker?

Just dreaming.
    I think we need to realize that unlike Palm, HP makes a wide variety of products. I don't think webOS will be the focal point of these announcements. Perhaps they will unveil cloud services that webOS and PCs can make use of, but we got our big announcement and now we just have to wait for products.
    March 14th event will start by Leo dropping a turd on the stage then exiting the stage.
    My guess is that March will not be about mobile.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yup and most wait too isnt that the funnier part. Though I was def not underwhelmed at all seems that way for every reviewer like engagdet, BGR, laptopmag etc either.
    At first I was excited and happy, I do like the Pre 3 specs. Then I heard "this summer", which was OK I guess, was expecting "within weeks of the announcement" though.

My phone isn't busted and runs fine, I can wait, just give me the 2.x update to help hold me over...

Then "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." (EDIT: well maybe not millions, there arn't that many webOS users) No 2.x for older devices??? That was a huge let down for me. I've been looking forward to Flash since it was first announced as well as the faster running Enyo apps.
    Last edited by sinime; 02/10/2011 at 01:38 PM.