Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1.    #1  
    Any word on the next update to the Pre 2? I have a few bugs that I'm hoping will fix after the next update.

    Also, on the Palm website, on the product page it still says 'Exhibition - coming soon to the app catalog'. Even the just type addons and webOS 2.0 apps haven't arrived yet!

    People have said that all that will come when WebOS 2.0 arrives on previous generation phones. Now the speculation is that that isn't going to happen, but what about us Pre 2 users!

    Any info, post it here, I'd love to know thanks.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  2. #2  
    Right on. It would be nice to know when we will have an upgrade to the bug infested webOS 2.0.1.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  3.    #3  
    Yeah the bugs are pretty bad! I'm looking forward to getting exhibition mode and that stuff too!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  4. #4  
    Can you elaborate on some of the bugs? I'm thinking of picking up a Pre 2.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Can you elaborate on some of the bugs? I'm thinking of picking up a Pre 2.
    Sure thing.

    So far I haven't found many, but there is this incredibly annoying issue with POP email that doesn't show content properly.
    Personally I'm having caller id problems but I think that is because I use the Pre 2 in Australia.
    And...(Very rarely) I find that the card view glitches up a little and stops proper interactions with them.

    Apart from that I definitely recommend you a Pre 2. Its a great phone. I've had it for a bit over a week now.

    If you've ever had the Pre Plus or Pre (minus) there is an incredible speed difference, and it lags on hardly anything but the most strenuous of tasks.

    Editor02

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  6. #6  
    I'm looking forward to the 17th when VZW is supposed to start shipping the Pre2 and we will be able to confirm whether it ships with 2.0 or 2.1
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm looking forward to the 17th when VZW is supposed to start shipping the Pre2 and we will be able to confirm whether it ships with 2.0 or 2.1
    Only a few days left! You getting one?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  8. #8  
    I do plan on posting my 'very' long list of issues with the 'Pre 2' & more so with 'webOS 2.0.1', but for now let me just say that my Pre + with webOS 1.4.5 provides a far superior user experience than my Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1. By the way, it is not just the lack of patches for webOS 2.0.1 that is effecting the user experience, but a whole lot of 'reinventing the wheel' in webOS 2.0.1 on part of HP that is responsible for an oveall much slower and frustratingly lagging phone. Even the very basics that worked just fine in webOS 1.4.5 do not work properly in webOS 2.0.1. Personally I would love to be able to install webOS 2.0.1 on my Pre 2 and which is why I really cannnot understand all the complaining and groaning by people for not being able to have webOS 2.0.1 on their "legacy" phones. I promise you, specially those with the 'Pre -' will really hate having webOS 2.0.1 on their phones.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I do plan on posting my 'very' long list of issues with the 'Pre 2' & more so with 'webOS 2.0.1', but for now let me just say that my Pre + with webOS 1.4.5 provides a far superior user experience than my Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1. By the way, it is not just the lack of patches for webOS 2.0.1 that is effecting the user experience, but a whole lot of 'reinventing the wheel' in webOS 2.0.1 on part of HP that is responsible for an oveall much slower and frustratingly lagging phone. Even the very basics that worked just fine in webOS 1.4.5 do not work properly in webOS 2.0.1. Personally I would love to be able to install webOS 2.0.1 on my Pre 2 and which is why I really cannnot understand all the complaining and groaning by people for not being able to have webOS 2.0.1 on their "legacy" phones. I promise you, specially those with the 'Pre -' will really hate having webOS 2.0.1 on their phones.
    Don't know what talking about lagging with Pre 2 WebOs 2.0.1. Runs fantastic on my Pre 2. I have yet to lag at all. Maybe it you cell carrier who has slow service.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    Don't know what talking about lagging with Pre 2 WebOs 2.0.1. Runs fantastic on my Pre 2. I have yet to lag at all. Maybe it you cell carrier who has slow service.
    Would you happen to know how long it takes for your 'Pre 2' to restart? I'm asking because mine takes a full 5 min 18 seconds to restart compared to only 3 minutes 20 seconds for my 'Pre +' to restart. I'm wondering if I have a lemon.

    PS: My 'Pre +' has no oreo effect whatsoever, whereas my 'Pre 2' literally rattles upon shaking even a little.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Would you happen to know how long it takes for your 'Pre 2' to restart? I'm asking because mine takes a full 5 min 18 seconds to restart compared to only 3 minutes 20 seconds for my 'Pre +' to restart. I'm wondering if I have a lemon.

    PS: My 'Pre +' has no oreo effect whatsoever, whereas my 'Pre 2' literally rattles upon shaking even a little.
    My Pre 2 is a lot faster at restarting or booting up than my original Pre (not sure how different the Pre and Pre+ are in that regard.) I just did a restart and it took 1 min and 42 seconds on the Pre 2. I notice some lag when I get an alert, as if resizing the image and the notification popping up makes the phone unusable for a few seconds.

    I've also noticed sometimes I need to turn off the display and turn it back on for it to register when I tap or scroll.

    Other than that I've been real happy with 2.0.1 and the Pre 2.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Would you happen to know how long it takes for your 'Pre 2' to restart? I'm asking because mine takes a full 5 min 18 seconds to restart compared to only 3 minutes 20 seconds for my 'Pre +' to restart. I'm wondering if I have a lemon.

    PS: My 'Pre +' has no oreo effect whatsoever, whereas my 'Pre 2' literally rattles upon shaking even a little.
    Sounds like you have a lemon, you should call HP or if you have it through a provider and get it replaced.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Would you happen to know how long it takes for your 'Pre 2' to restart? I'm asking because mine takes a full 5 min 18 seconds to restart compared to only 3 minutes 20 seconds for my 'Pre +' to restart. I'm wondering if I have a lemon.

    PS: My 'Pre +' has no oreo effect whatsoever, whereas my 'Pre 2' literally rattles upon shaking even a little.
    That is definitely a problem. Just for you im gonna do a test right now with my pre + and pre 2 and see how long they both take to boot.
  14. #14  
    ok so

    Pre 2:
    5 second to shut down
    55 seconds to bootup
    total 1 minute total reboot

    Pre +:
    15 seconds to shut down
    ......still booting up
  15. #15  
    I actually rebooted my Pre 2 twice so far before Pre + even booted up
  16. #16  
    ok Pre + booted up here are the totals

    Pre 2:
    5 second to shut down
    55 seconds to bootup
    total 1 minute total reboot

    Pre +:
    15 seconds to shut down
    3 mins 40 seconds to boot up
    total 3 min 55 sec total boot up
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    My Pre 2 is a lot faster at restarting or booting up than my original Pre (not sure how different the Pre and Pre+ are in that regard.) I just did a restart and it took 1 min and 42 seconds on the Pre 2. I notice some lag when I get an alert, as if resizing the image and the notification popping up makes the phone unusable for a few seconds.

    I've also noticed sometimes I need to turn off the display and turn it back on for it to register when I tap or scroll.

    Other than that I've been real happy with 2.0.1 and the Pre 2.
    I am pretty the tap/scroll problem is from one of the system menu patches. I have the same issue on my Pre+ but when I remove all patches it goes away.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    I am pretty the tap/scroll problem is from one of the system menu patches. I have the same issue on my Pre+ but when I remove all patches it goes away.
    I'm not running any patches on my Pre 2. I had some good ones on my Pre but I wanted to see what a 'stock' 2.0 felt like. I did install the keyboard unhide patch but it seemed problematic so I got rid of it.
  19. #19  
    Oh I take that back then. I havent noticed this on my pre 2 though.
  20.    #20  
    I'm not in a position right now to time the speeds for boot up on my Pre + and Pre 2 and compare them both. However I can safely say that the Pre 2 dwarfs my Pre Plus in boot up time. Pre Plus taking anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes whereas the Pre 2 is only taking me a minute or two.

    I haven't found my Pre 2 to lag at all either. It definitely isn't as smooth as the iPhone 4, but it is completely blitzing the speed of my pre plus.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions